BBDO Detroit

Be The First To
Add Photos

BBDO Detroit CEO of BBDO Worldwide Andrew Robertson

Andrew Robertson

Very professional and capable organization with highly qualified people with dedication and can- do spirit

Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) Boston, MA

ProsChance to contribute as a nimble individual in a large and rapidly moving organization

ConsYou need to understand the system to be able to access the best people you need when you need them.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep delegating and sharing with your support team because they will help you succeed.

TOO BIG for personal feel

Art Director (Former Employee) Detroit, MI

ProsGreat Creative, cool team. I really enjoyed working here but thought it was a little too impersonal

ConsTOO BIG. Its hard to stand out in a company so large

Good place to work

Proofreader (Former Employee) Troy, MI

ProsFast-paced ad agency with a lot of energy. Good, creative people to work with. A lot of variety in the work.

ConsDeadlines were sometimes unrrealistic and the workload could be overwhelming at times. It was hard to keep up with no extra help.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great all around, except for upper-management apathy

Finance (Former Employee) Troy, MI

ProsIntelligent, hard-working people. Loose reigns, but very few people exploited this.

ConsVery little communication from head guy, J.G.

Advice to Senior ManagementToo late. Fat lady has sung.

BBDO Detroit Assistant Account Executive

Assistant Account Executive (Former Employee) Detroit, MI

ProsI truly enjoyed the people I worked with at BBDO. They offer a great benefits package, especially with paid time off. I always received good feeback from Management.

ConsUnforunately I worked for BBDO as they were downsizing. The office has since closed. Due to shrinking budgets, the opportunity for growth and advancement was not there. My salary was very low, especially compared to other local agencies.

Advice to Senior ManagementI don't think the problems at BBDO were the fault of Management. Our contract with Chrysler did not allow for the agency to seek additional clients. I think this was the reason for so many problems.

Fantastic Place to Work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Detroit, MI

ProsComplete autonomy, lovely work environment

ConsNo longer in business at this time

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

RIP BBDO Detroit

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsHighly professional co-workers.
    If you love the car business, this was the place to be.

ConsUnpaid overtime.
    Very little recognition for work well done.
    Not existent severence pay as business prepares for shuttering.

Advice to Senior ManagementMonday quarterbacking is pointless. The leadership was looking out for one another and not the best interests of the employees and the agency.

Pretty Good

Account Supervisor (Former Employee)

ProsThe days and amount of time off were great, people were kind and approachable for the most part. The creative team was great to work with as well as print production. Great learning experience and lots of client exposure.

ConsAll of the great people that I worked with have all been laid off. Not sure who is left and what the future holds for this office of BBDO as they are so tied to Chrysler. Wish them the best though.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate ALL of your clients, not just the big boys.

Done

Insider (Former Employee) Troy, MI

ProsThe staff is the greatest benefit of working there. A very diverse group of people with character, talent and determination makes BBDO a class operation. Of course, the CEO, ECD, CFO and other high ranking management figures don't fall into this group. There is little respect for this bunch.

ConsMoral is very low.
    With no clear direction being given by the people in charge, the staff often wonders what the future will be.
    Several massive layoffs have cut deep into the minds of the employees as they have watched good coworkers dismissed.
    Having a single client be the foundation of the agency was a fools plan. Now that client is in bankruptcy and there is a huge amount of money owed the agency. Not a good sign. New York could easily dictate that the Detroit office be closed and losses be cut by resigning the client.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou should have resigned years ago. It was obvious to all that you were in over your head.

Good place to work but not to thrive.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Detroit, MI

ProsAmazing amount of PTO time and decent benefits. Ever-shrinking staff increases the oppportunity to work on many different kinds of projects with minimal supervision. Management seems to be sincerely concerned about improving employee morale. Friendly, professional atmosphere.

ConsPresident lacks needed leadership and communication skills and is generally disliked. Single (automotive) client makes for a lot of layoffs, high employee turnover and overall concern about job stability. Salaries are average and career growth isn't likely in the near future. Training is non-existant. Staff is distracted due to constant worries about the future of the agency.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease change.

Worked for BBDO Detroit? Contribute to the Community!