BBDO Detroit Reviews

1. Project management supervisor

Former Employee - Senior Lead, Diversified Program Administration in Troy, MI
    Former Employee - Senior Lead, Diversified Program Administration in Troy, MI

I worked at BBDO Detroit full-time

Pros

Great benefits like pto. Wonderful people. I made a lot friends. Work was balanced. Great agency atmosphere. I really do miss it. When I started the building was new and trendy. I stayed til the end and cried as I walked out.

Cons

I was underpaid compared to people in my group and in same position with other people in same in different companies. I had a boss that fought to get me to avoid laying me off. She got me a small raise in 2007

Advice to Management

There is no advice to give. Bbdo Detroit closed a few years ago and when I used to pass it, I would cry. My tip to management is don't promise a client you will work with only them. Move around creative so they get fresh assignments. I believe workin on the same brand or mail piece makes people come up with stale ideas. Most importantly, the CEO should not have pissed off Chryslers cei

2. Great creative shop

Former Employee - Associate Creative Director in Troy, MI
    Former Employee - Associate Creative Director in Troy, MI

I worked at BBDO Detroit full-time

Pros

Great teamwork as well as creative standards. Very hard working yet relaxing atmosphere at the agency

Cons

Very few if any cons. Maybe location due to the fact that it was out in the middle of nowhere and a rather boring and dull building and offices.

Advice to Management

Well run in the ealier years and not so much towards my departure. Cutbacks and layoffs were becoming managements MO as apposed to new business.

3. Best experience of my career was at BBDO Detroit

Pros

Our group was one of the most entrepreneurial I have had the pleasure of working with. Unusual to find in a very large, corporately feeling agency environment.

Cons

Unfortunately, due to the downfall of the automotive market in Detroit, the agency fell apart and went out of business. I would say the downsizing process could have been handled much more humanely but it was undoubtedly a tough task.

5. Very professional and capable organization with highly qualified people with dedication and can- do spirit

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Boston, MA

I worked at BBDO Detroit full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Chance to contribute as a nimble individual in a large and rapidly moving organization

Cons

You need to understand the system to be able to access the best people you need when you need them.

Advice to Management

Keep delegating and sharing with your support team because they will help you succeed.

6. TOO BIG for personal feel

Former Employee - Art Director in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Art Director in Detroit, MI

I worked at BBDO Detroit full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Creative, cool team. I really enjoyed working here but thought it was a little too impersonal

Cons

TOO BIG. Its hard to stand out in a company so large

7. Good place to work

Former Employee - Proofreader in Troy, MI
    Former Employee - Proofreader in Troy, MI

Pros

Fast-paced ad agency with a lot of energy. Good, creative people to work with. A lot of variety in the work.

Cons

Deadlines were sometimes unrrealistic and the workload could be overwhelming at times. It was hard to keep up with no extra help.

8. Great all around, except for upper-management apathy

Former Employee - Finance in Troy, MI
    Former Employee - Finance in Troy, MI

Pros

Intelligent, hard-working people. Loose reigns, but very few people exploited this.

Cons

Very little communication from head guy, J.G.

Advice to Management

Too late. Fat lady has sung.

9. BBDO Detroit Assistant Account Executive

Former Employee - Assistant Account Executive in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Assistant Account Executive in Detroit, MI

Pros

I truly enjoyed the people I worked with at BBDO. They offer a great benefits package, especially with paid time off. I always received good feeback from Management.

Cons

Unforunately I worked for BBDO as they were downsizing. The office has since closed. Due to shrinking budgets, the opportunity for growth and advancement was not there. My salary was very low, especially compared to other local agencies.

Advice to Management

I don't think the problems at BBDO were the fault of Management. Our contract with Chrysler did not allow for the agency to seek additional clients. I think this was the reason for so many problems.

10. Fantastic Place to Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Pros

Complete autonomy, lovely work environment

Cons

No longer in business at this time

Advice to Management

None

11. RIP BBDO Detroit

Pros

Highly professional co-workers. If you love the car business, this was the place to be.

Cons

Unpaid overtime. Very little recognition for work well done. Not existent severence pay as business prepares for shuttering.

Advice to Management

Monday quarterbacking is pointless. The leadership was looking out for one another and not the best interests of the employees and the agency.

RSS Feed </> Embed