BBG Management Reviews

3.3
John Gabriel

1. BBG Management is going places

I have been working at BBG Management full-time

Pros

This company is growing its customer base and expanding. They have matured their processes and approach to help both the recruiters and the clients. The CEO is rolling out employee handbooks, and guides so everyone understands the commission structure. They are giving visibility to the monthly placement wins so each person understands how their commission is building. They are even considering a profit sharing plan.

Cons

This is a performance based organization. Many small companies are like this and it does inject some pressure. But these are also the companies that grow with a plan and then achieve their plan.

Advice to Management

Keep going with the new processes and commission communication. It helps employees know where they stand. This alleviates many of the negative comments previously posted in Glassdoor.

2. Fun and Dynamic!

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in New York, NY

I have been working at BBG Management

Pros

You will never feel like your bored, and if are always giving 100% you will be rewarded by management.

Cons

Its takes a lot of focus and determination to be a recruiter, and you will always be swamped with work!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

3. Great place to work

I have been working at BBG Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I Started working for BBG since January 2015, and its one the best jobs I've ever had. great environment. BBG is a very performance driven (like every other jobs out their). Great co-workers and the owner is a great guy and a great leader. i would recommend this job to any one wanting a career opportunity.

Cons

commissions takes a bit long to arrive but Amen to having a base salary.

5. Great Training

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I have been working at BBG Management full-time

Pros

The Owner and the Chief of Operations are very helpful and always willing to share their expertise.

Cons

Is not a job is a career. You have to put extra effort to succeed.

Advice to Management

Keep guiding your team toward success.
    Great job!

6. Great place to work if you are goal oriented.

Current Employee - Business Development in Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Business Development in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I have been working at BBG Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

BBG has a great office atmosphere. My coworkers are very friendly and it always seems like we have an office activity or outing coming around the corner. Management is always there to offer a helping hand if needed.

Cons

This is a sales based environment therefor targets are expected to be met. This is only a con if you do not have a sales oriented mind set,

7. Work Place

I have been working at BBG Management

Pros

I have worked with BBG for over two years and I have found the work atmosphere to be relaxed but busy there is no lack of Jobs that need to be worked on. The company always does an outing almost every Quarter and also celebrates birthdays and special events with the staff.

Cons

Not enough space for the amount of staff that we would like working there

Jun 4, 2015IT/Operations

8. A career in sales and recruiting

Current Employee - Recruiter in Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I have been working at BBG Management

Pros

BBG offers a great career in sales and recruiting. Training is offered and you will have the opportunity to work on no end of exciting job orders for notable clients.

Cons

Previous experience in recruiting is not required, but drive and determination are. Like any sales organization, it will take time and effort to build your business and commissions.

9. BBG Management

I have been working at BBG Management

Pros

I've read a number of these reviews and it seems to me that employees that have been released will take efforts to post on Glassdoor. I have been at BBG for close to three years and the way to success is simple.

BBG will reward hard work with commissions.

The company is a staffing and recruiting firm, and without candidates to submit, you are not going to succeed and will not be receiving commissions. This is a small company with little or no management layering.. Coming from a large organization in the past, this can be a huge benefit.
    Because of this , the company can be agile, change direction quickly to target opportunities.

Cons

Emphasis on candidate submission levels can add to pressures.
    Recruiters who can not locate and submit candidates will be released.

A good stepping stone into a dark future

I worked at BBG Management

Pros

Get a better understanding of the fundamentals of the recruiting world. This is one of those jobs that would be good as a starter. Based off the company's history most recruiters have not stayed past a year with a few exceptions of 1 or 2 of them staying upwards of 3 years.

Cons

A lot of stress and demand. Yes this isn't a standard 9-5 job but the pressure of making ends meet with a low based pay is too much stress for most people.

That and John has gone through phases or just firing 2-5 recruiters at once without warning causes tension in the office and makes it harder for senior staff as they have to take their time to train new recruits whilst losing potential deals.

Advice to Management

John is very robotic in his methods. He has a 'Do what I say EXACTLY" way of teaching things. And it is very archaic.

May 20, 2015President, Chairman of the Board and CEO

BBG provides new graduates with an opportunity to build a career in recruiting.

The base skills that are required to succeed in recruiting are the same skills that are required to succeed in
    ... More

Stay clear

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I worked at BBG Management

Pros

Good amount of job orders. Everyone is friendly.

Cons

Unorganized management and company structure. Inconsistent training. Management shorts you on commissions earned (only a select few people make money off of your work). You're required to use your own laptop for work. Company has very little resources to help you do your job.

Very dirty work environment with no windows.

May 20, 2015President, Chairman of the Board and CEO

BBG Management Corporation very proud of its commission structure, offering recruiters and account managers more than 50% of the deal based gross profit.

If you are motivated by earnings
    ... More