BBS, Inc. Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.2
Vincent Conley

Pros
  • Best work environment I've found in the Boston area (in 22 reviews)

• I have been working at BBS for over 8 months now and have excelled from a entry level position to assistant management in that time period (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • no safety for girls knocking door to door by themselves (in 21 reviews)

• BBS is strictly a door to door sales company (in 13 reviews)

Great Experience - Awesome Trainers - Young company

I worked at BBS, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome entry level position to start off in. I came in with no experience at all and was trained from the ground up on many different areas.
    Negotiations, sales, time management, goal setting, money management, organization, territory management etc.

The trainers are extremely helpful and everyone genuinely wants to see others do well.

Cons

BBS is a very young company (was ranked in the Boston Globe for a Top Places To work for Millennials - seriously, google search it) So with any young work force you get young minded individuals who tend to 'play hard' instead of 'work hard'. The managers promote having fun and working hard, but to many individuals take advantage of that and I feel tend to hurt the company more then help it with that lack of professional.

It only takes a few, to give everyone else a bad rap.

Advice to Management

Keep up the amazing training and support.

Get rid of all the employees who only want to party and drink after work...every. single. night.

Straight Talk about BBS

I worked at BBS, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ok so that may be a bit over the top, but I have to say that I've learned more about leadership and teamwork in my time spent in this company than I did throughout my entire college experience. The things you have to learn to be able to be successful are the exact things that they teach you. My uncle owns several businesses and he stated that I should have stuck it out because of all the training. But, hey I had to move to a different state. Anyway, Thanks again BBS, Esp my trainer. Keep it up!

Cons

There are a couple of downsides to working here. I can remember that when we would first bring someone on, they were sort of wishy-washy, or at least they seemed that way to me. It seemed that people these days don't want to work very hard or just want something EASY. Here's a news flash for you - You don't get paid the big bucks for EASY. Why wouldn't you want to add as much value as possible to the marketplace and get paid for it? So here's the thing - if you want an easy job - don't work here. If you want some serious training and a shot at the big leagues, tighten up your workboots.

Advice to Management

Overall, I think you guys are great. Vince - my man - props. I've learned so much from you. If I still lived in-state, I'd be managing an office or two for sure by now. I think you guys have a great system - but I don't need to tell YOU that. My one piece of advice, though, would be to put people through the ringer a little bit more during the interview process so you can weed out the weaklings. lol.

Love coming to work everyday

Current Employee - Account Manager/Sales Representative in Woburn, MA
    Current Employee - Account Manager/Sales Representative in Woburn, MA

I have been working at BBS, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Extremely fun, fast paced work environment. Everyday is different, and based on where you are at in the company, you will be given more responsibility everyday. They are big on leadership and development of Entry Level employees and coach them up to run branch offices. Plenty of room for advancement from within the company.

Cons

Average base salary (typical for a entry level position - pay does go a lot higher though for assistant managers and branch managers)
    Suit/Tie professional dress everyday (no dress down Friday's)
    Your encouraged to attend 'office night' - They go out to Dave & Busters, play darts, pool etc. (This is every week...)

Advice to Management

Could not be happier with my career so far. Training is on point and so our the leaders in the office.
    I would give a higher base for certain individuals that perform better then others out of the gate.

If you are looking to develop an amazing business skill set and have fun doing it. This is the place for you!

Former Employee - Account Manager/Sales Representative in Woburn, MA

I worked at BBS, Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of opportunity for growth, fun, and to make money. Management has a genuine interest to developing their employees into future business partners. The company loves to work hard while cultivating a positive work environment. Truly a people helping people business.

Cons

Can be emotionally and mentally difficult/draining to handle sales, training, and interviewing for the company. Not a good fit for those who don't want to study or work hard.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! Never forget how it was when you went through the process.

6. Terrible experience

Former Employee - Entry Level
    Former Employee - Entry Level

I worked at BBS, Inc. full-time

Pros

- Very friendly work environment
    - Great team building activities
    - Selling Verizon Fios, which is a great product

Cons

- You make absolutely no money unless you slave away 6-7 days a week
    - The pay is also horrible...I only got half pay checks to what I earned
    - Huge turnover rate, don't get too close to people because they will most likely quit within the first few weeks
    - Face to face marketing = door to door sales
    - Going door to door was terrible, worst experience of my life also sometimes SUPER unsafe. I'm a male and still felt uncomfortable at times.
    - For how many hours you put in it's not worth your time or energy
    - Too much office drama
    - One of the HR ladies doesn't smile/never had fun and I actually found her quite rude

Account Manager

I worked at BBS, Inc. full-time

Pros

They offered a position of account manager when in fact is a sales job

Cons

Commission Based Job
    Too much walking

Advice to Management

Do not go to the interview unless you feel comfortable with sales

Sales Robot

I worked at BBS, Inc.

Pros

None, absolutely nothing at all. Not sure if they even offer benefits. Hopefully you're not on MassHealth.

Cons

They try to convince you they'll be paying you 40-45K a year when you in fact won't be making minimum wage, which is illegal in the United States. In addition, they don't even want to pay you base salary as they dissuade you from the first compensation option of salary and instead persuade you to take 100% commission.

Advice to Management

Grow up.

All fun, no money or benifits

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Woburn, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Woburn, MA

I have been working at BBS, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Active learning environment
    Helpful enthusiastic staff/ environment

Cons

Door to door sales
    Long hours with no compensation

Advice to Management

Be truthful in interviews, you will be a door to door salesman for the foreseeable future. Advancement is slow and unlikely.

Door to door sales

I worked at BBS, Inc.

Pros

Good, hard working employees
    Nice office space
    Great working environment
    Team spirit
    Free coffee on the interview
    Surrounding area is nice

Cons

It all started in the interviews. I asked them if the sales role entailed going to people's homes (my research said yes), the boss man Vince said it didn't. The whole interview was about how much he made and how much money he makes and how much we can make.

I only took the job because I needed something to hold me off because my role at my current employer hired me to works months later. I left after two months here. I did decent but the job was overall miserable. Driving to homes all day, talking to people who sometimes just spoke to one of us weeks prior. This place Will honestly hire anyone.

I'm glad I left the company, reading some of the replies on reviews with their sarcastic and unprofessional remarks is another reason why this place is a joke. They told me when I got hired to go write them a good review. HA.

Advice to Management

Be upfront in the interviews when people ask if it's door to door sales. It clearly is if it's lead based still. Compensation is extremely low.

Very friendly, hard-working environment!

I worked at BBS, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Vince is the man! The rest of the employees weren't just co-workers, they were friends, and the team-bonding was crucial.

Cons

Door-to-door sales isn't for everyone. I lived about an hour away, so the drive back and forth wasn't the most ideal.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Although it wasn't for me, the success of the company speaks for itself. Remember the steps!

RSS Feed </> Embed