BBVA Compass Reviews

1. Good Place to Work

Former Employee - Teller in Chandler, AZ
    Former Employee - Teller in Chandler, AZ

I worked at BBVA Compass

Pros

Tight knit, everyone knows everyone. A lot of opportunity to move up or around if you want to make a career in banking.

Cons

Moderate sized bank (at the time) so limited resources. Meant it was behind technologically for certain services which was hard to explain to customers.

Get with the times.

2. Started out great then they changed management and everything went downhill fast.

Former Employee - Mortgage Processor in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Mortgage Processor in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at BBVA Compass

Pros

Casual dress environment. Food truck comes twice a day so you can eat since leaving is out of the question.

Cons

Favoritism shown, lack of professionalism from management, lots of hours required with no notice, micromanage, hard to move up.

3. Unorganized

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at BBVA Compass

Pros

Relaxed culture. That is about it.

Cons

Too much of a relaxed culture which impacts the ability to be "professional"

Step up professionalism and upgrade technology

AZ East Valley DRE Worst Management in history - unethical, abusive

Former Employee - Manager in Gilbert, AZ
    Former Employee - Manager in Gilbert, AZ

I worked at BBVA Compass full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The company is great outside of Arizona East Valley management.

Cons

Stay away from East Valley Arizona DRE. Ask anyone and you will find out fast that management is non-supportive, unethical in ratings, promotions, and salary increases. Move only friends in for jobs. Human resources backs up unethical behaviors. Lies to employees and will lie and throw people under the bus for invalid reasons. Completely worst management. Known for highest turnover, yet nothing is done about it. Stay away. We recently had another restructure losing more jobs.

Remove poor and risky management arizona east valley

Terrible place to work. Human resources die to fire good people. Evil is the closest word that comes to my mind when I think about BBVA

Former Employee - Branch Retail Executive in Chandler, AZ

I worked at BBVA Compass full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Why in the world anyone would say anything positive about this bank. I regretted working there. Wasted my 2 years working at Conpass bank. Bad bad bad.

Cons

Everything. Careless culture. All about sales. Human resources look for reasons to terminate staff. Every year they lay off employees. Bad place to work. Bad company. Stay away.

Terrible company to work for. Human resources and upper management are careless. stay away!!!!!

I worked at BBVA Compass

Pros

Nothing at all. No pros.

Cons

Always short staffed. Upper management and hr work together to ruin people's career.

Quit!

great company, very employee-focused, and relaxed work environment, family atmosphere.

Current Employee - Sales and Service Advisor in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales and Service Advisor in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at BBVA Compass full-time (more than a year)

Pros

small bank, family/team feel. Best banking products make it easy to sell to consumers. hours are great 9-5 or 10-6 during the week. 9-1 or 9-3 on saturdays depending on location. Plenty of PTO. Great opportunity for advancement

Cons

Hard to use systems and lack of training make it hard to get started here, but once you get your feet wet it becomes easier.

9. Little work for Little Money

Current Employee - Financial Sales Advisor II in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Financial Sales Advisor II in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at BBVA Compass full-time (more than a year)

Pros

In the branch I am at there is very little traffic so there is very little to do. I work with a great bunch of people and the stress level is very low. This is very branch specific though. I'm sure some branches are not like this.

Cons

If you're new to banking the training here is pretty bad. I basically had to learn everything as it happened to me. After 6 months or so I was comfortable. Retail Banking is very much a commodity. You're basically waiting for people to walk thought the door. There is not a lot of opportunity to sell besides visiting surrounding businesses and they do not care nor should they because everyone is pretty much the same. The Financial Advisor is a sellers role but you are not going to talk people into buying a house or getting a loan, so the "sales" part of this job is very limited, which I don't like because I want to make money and win business. THE GOALS ARE SO HIGH it is basically impossible to meet them to get paid a commission, plus they make it so you have to make every category in order to get paid anything.

Establish a better training program. Pay people more. Make goals possible to attain.

10. High Stress and Low Pay

Current Employee - Teller in Mesa, AZ
    Current Employee - Teller in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at BBVA Compass part-time (more than a year)

Pros

They encourage you to be the best at your job as well as a sense of team values.

Cons

They stress speed and accuracy which can come at a cost to employees. The systems are older and not as efficient as other bigger banks and don't catch errors. The branch I worked for was very flirty and I had to deal with a lot of workplace drama which I had no part of.

Make the workplace a more fun place to be. Don't allow drama in the workplace.

11. I was promised a lot of things that were always delayed and never delivered.

Former Employee - Sales & Service Advisor in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales & Service Advisor in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at BBVA Compass full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There is opportunity for career advancement, you will learn a lot about banking and investing.

Cons

Branches are always understaffed due to high turnover, training is a joke, computer systems need to be updated, Management does not care about day to day operations... only sales are important.

Management needs to spend more time in their branches. Find out what is really going on with your branches by asking the employees who spend the most time inside the branch every day.

BBVA Compass Photos