BCA Reviews

Jon Olsen
1 Rating

1. What a shame

I worked at BCA

Pros

Lots of nice individuals and a supportive network. Good location with car parking facilities. Hard working teams that expect little reward.

Cons

The top tier at BCA Logistics in Birmingham in particular the MD, are the reason this business doesn't progress. Terrible structure, no processes .. And the reason good people don't stay.

Advice to Management

Somebody needs to step in

2. disorganised and no follow through

Former Employee - Self Emploeyd Driver in Hemel Hempstead, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Self Emploeyd Driver in Hemel Hempstead, England (UK)

I worked at BCA (Less than a year)

Pros

none. Told at the start you will deliver between 3 and 5 cars a day, and more often than not, you will have lifts between locations where you would otherwise have to rely on public transport. The lifts never happened, and public transport meant travelling 3 hours between cars. Needless to say, 3 is the max a human being can deliver ina day.

Cons

Had to notify them I had left 3 times as someone spread a rumour I was going on holiday when I quit. Admin team informed me of one pay figure and the bank informed me of another. They are all a waste of skin.

Advice to Management

Sort your admin team out and employ more staff. Delivery drivers should not have to wait 10 mins plus several times a day to speak to a team who haven't a clue what you're drivers are facing in the field. They are not equiped with the knowledge or the processes to help the drivers.

3. Great Atmosphere

I have been working at BCA

Pros

The Atmosphere is really great there!

Cons

I cant think of any really

5. Better Companies Around

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Farnham, South East England, England (UK)

I worked at BCA

Pros

You may get a car allowance (although it would take 3 months for it to arrive. How that works for a car auction company I don't know)
    Some people are great.

Cons

Lack of focused leadership from the top, no proper communication.
    Important decisions made too hastily and rashly implemented by management without any thought for the consequences
    Teams aren't listened to.
    Reluctance to invest in new equipment to resolve ongoing problems.
    Too many self-centered managers covering their own mistakes.
    'Back of a beermat' level IT infrastructure.
    Very high turnover of staff, no real morale.
    Cheapskates in terms of wages, travel allowances, equipment, office decor (some look like derelict buildings)
    Archaic and rigid working hours, yet expect you to work over.
    Very cliquey.
    Shouting loudly at someone does not gain respect.
    Tend to focus on the negatives.
    Big on blame culture.

Advice to Management

Listen to the people that do the job.
    Listen to the problems.
    Act on these problems instead of trying to cut corners and have 'make-do', short-term fixes.
    Don't be surprised when the short-term fix doesn't work.
    Too many managers.

6. " Trade Plate Drivers" Bewear The biggest con company who exploit their employees!

Current Employee - Trade Plate Driver in Birmingham, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Trade Plate Driver in Birmingham, England (UK)

I have been working at BCA

Pros

Taking Cars home as carry overs.

Cons

From the get go you're just left to your own recourse and are given 2 days training when it should actually be weeks. I was recruited through a scheme at the job centre and although we had 2 weeks of training but an individual who had never done the job himself we had no clue and were just left to fend for ourselves. This company was the worst experience of my life. Their was only one good day in 4 months of work where I was paired up with another drive to go out on collections. I would get sent all mover the country and would have to hitchhike or walk and take public transport which We were expected to pay from our own pocket. They say they will pay you if a job is cancelled but never did, the controllers are rude and arrogant will not help you! I should have listened to the appalling reviews to start with but really wanted a job and we were told that they have had a company restructure and those comments are competition firms and old reviews! When in all trailer we are lied to and exploited daily by BCA! BE WARNED DO NOT WORK AS A TRADEPlATER for this Crooked firm! FYI I worked during May of 2014 if they try and tell you their bare faced lies!!

Advice to Management

You're exploiting poor folk who have no choice to get a job and work for a thieving organisation like yourself! You do not help or put your employees first! You expect them to be self employed but hardly pay anything for them to make ends meet. People are having to pay for themselves to get inbetween job! Some are doing 12 to 14 hour days to make £15 after they have paid for travel costs. It would be so much easier if the controllers actually did their job and paired drivers up accordingly so they could work in pairs and actually get the job done!

7. Very clear requirement of role.

Former Employee - Account Controller in Manchester, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Account Controller in Manchester, England (UK)

I worked at BCA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Plenty of variety in the company and role.

Cons

Not very many opportunities to progress.

8. BCA a great Company to be part of !

Current Employee - Corporate Account Manager in Nottingham, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Corporate Account Manager in Nottingham, England (UK)

I have been working at BCA full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great Colleagues, fantastic business partners, feel valued, feel part of the team, great leader, great vision, clear goals and objectives, new colleagues with fresh views, great work-life balance, lots of innovation, constant stream of new ideas, products and services, every day is exciting at BCA !

Cons

Zero there are none !

Advice to Management

Keep leading in the way you are, keep challenging us, keep developing our people, keep investing in our business !

9. Horrendous management

Current Employee - .NET Developer in Farnham, South East England, England (UK)
    Current Employee - .NET Developer in Farnham, South East England, England (UK)

I have been working at BCA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Challenging work
    Co-workers are nice to work with

Cons

Arrogant managers
    No career prospects
    Minimal training opportunities

Advice to Management

Invest on people more. At least conduct a proper investigation to figure out reasons for high employee turnover.

10. bca

Current Employee - BCA in Nagla Dehli (India)
    Current Employee - BCA in Nagla Dehli (India)

I have been working at BCA part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

i likes programms and doing it's

Cons

bac is very nice collection of stdy and mca is better alert jobs

Advice to Management

i don't knw

11. Stuck in the 1990s

I worked at BCA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company appears to be financially doing very well and the company car with 18000 fuel allowance for development and techies is good.
    There are some nice people there ...

Cons

In a period of turmoil, big problems with staff retention and many unhappy people wanting to leave.
    Attempting to be 'agile' but missing the whole point of agile with blame and day long meetings .. Not sure what benefit the scrum master really brings. A real antiquated environment of dull lined up desks and no evidence of personality, creativity or passion. Rigid inflexible working hours, no working from home , no private health or standard benefits. Low holiday allowance.

Advice to Management

The competition is incredibly high out there for the best creative IT staff, if you want to attract the best talent and turn a dull oppressive place into somewhere attractive and dynamic you need a major overhaul ..

RSS Feed </> Embed