BCBG

BCBG Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2014

BCBG Chairman and CEO Max Azria

Max Azria

Pros:
  • "Great discount and access to employee stores (you can find things still in stores at a great discount)"
    in 41 reviews
  • "Great Employee discount Fashion training every couple of week a lot of fun"
    in 37 reviews
Cons:
  • "Upper management team do not care about their employees, as I have developed anxiety from working here"
    in 34 reviews
  • "There is a very High turnover rate"
    in 14 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great first job to step your foot into the fashion industry

Stylist/Sales (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsEmployee Perks
    Helping clients find outfits for special events
    Great store managers
    Reasonable entry-level wage for a college freshman
    Commission
    Great Company Values

ConsLittle room for growth in retail
    Pressure to meet the "Sales Goals"

Advice to Senior ManagementStart listening to customer's needs, instead of trying to sell, sell, sell

Passive-Aggressive is the name of the game

Visual/Brand/Social Media (Current Employee)
    Vernon, CA

ProsGood morale within your department when similar work hours/salary is involved.
    If you are a female employee, there is an employee-only boutique with insane discounts for all past merchandise. This is opened to employees during lunch hours on average.

ConsShuttled off-site parking. Vernon's industrial air quality. Excessive pot-holes on all surrounding streets all-year round.
    The creative floor (1st floor) is dominated by a passive-aggressive work culture.
    This behavior trickles down from the VP whom exercises this form of ethic to promote hierarchy amongst colleagues and to generate sweat-shop grade results - long hours, very dismal incentives.
    Taking vacation for more than a day or two will have you returning to a work environment full of resentment and excruciating passive aggressive behavior.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmotional opinions and mind-games should be removed from all types of business culture/ethics.
    Upper management should set an example for honest habits in regards to communication with other departments rather than promoting mental manipulation to get their point across.
    It truly is one company, but also truly divided as departments clearly show that they despise eachother and will do anything to acclaimed as the 'best department' - very lame.

A good start to 'high' retail

Stylist (Current Employee)
    San Jose, CA

Pros- Discounts (50% off regularly/75% during perks!)
    - Flexibility
    - Products

Cons- Pay/Commission
    - Small store that rarely sold large $$

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Poor compensation for long hours at Corporate

Buyer (Current Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

ProsRelaxed work environment. Not stuffy. Easy to make new friends and you'll work with a few talented people. The rest are French and friends of the Azrias.

ConsOff site parking, constantly changing strategies and direction from upper management that is poorly communicated to teams, design and merchandising are basically one in the same and don't listen to the numbers and facts provided by buying and planning. The building is also falling apart.

Poorly run company. I witnessed a lot during my 3 year run.

ProsThe discount. They are always hiring for retail positions.

ConsVery low pay. High turnover rate. You will never get a raise, even when your boss fights for you. The company seems to view its employees as numbers that can be easily replaced.

A decade with the company

Management (Current Employee)
    Miami, FL

ProsAmazing ! The clothes, the people ... It's all wonderful

ConsHard work have to be dedicated

Advice to Senior ManagementEmpower people

A great learning experience.

Junior Account Executive (Former Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

ProsThe travel from the west coast to NYC, Dallas and Las Vegas was a great perk. Interacting with all the clients from different regions was also a great learning experience. I really got a feel for the difference in the buying styles depending on region. It also helped out a pulse on the overall trends.

ConsThe travel and the long hours definitely wears on you after weeks on the road. The woman I worked with were also horrible. Woman in fashion definitely have a reputation for being divas and this company is no different.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your reps, they are the ones interacting with your real customers and have great insight for what the public feels about BCBG.

Sales Associate

Sales Associate (Current Employee)

ProsI have worked at both a partner shop and a retail location. Personally, I enjoyed working at the partner shop in Macy's far more. There is more freedom and you often get to work alone. Whereas, at a retail location, you constantly work with a manager or assistant manager and meeting your personal sales goals is highly stressed.

Pros
    -Beautiful clothing
    -50% discount
    -Room for growth within the company

ConsCons
    -Over managed
    -Too stressful (meeting sales goals and having managers shove them down your throat) for minimum wage
    -If you don't meet sales goals (at retail locations) your hours get cut

Loved working here!

Retail Buying Intern (Former Employee)
    Vernon, CA

ProsSummer internship but I learned A LOT, fun and young environment, employee discount

ConsOffices needed a little updating, didn't seem like they provided their employees with a lot of benefits

Overall good experience

BCBGMaxAzria Sales Associate (Current Employee)
    Austin, TX

ProsThe perk discount that you get seasonally is 75% off and makes everything pretty affordable. I've always had a good experience with the other employees as we usually all have the same interests and have fun while working. You're encouraged to make relationships with the clients which is better than sitting and folding all day or organizing files. The selling experience is better than a lot of other stores and is definitely a good foundation in selling high end goods.

ConsCompetitive selling isn't always easy. Lots of emphasis on making sales goals. Commission, depending on your store, isn't easy to achieve and I have yet to achieve it which is a bummer because I think the company's selling structure would benefit with providing commission.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think we should have an easier commission structure, maybe adjust it to the volume of each stores.

Worked for BCBG? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BCBG reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for BCBG CEO Max Azria. All 398 reviews posted anonymously by BCBG employees.