BCBG

Updated January 30, 2015
2.9

BCBG Chairman and CEO Max Azria
Max Azria

Pros
  • Great discount for a great product and one of my all-time favorite brands (in 57 reviews)

• Employee discount is great as a manager at 70% off clothing, 50% off accessories (in 43 reviews)

Cons
  • Not much room for growth, generally hires externally for upper management positions (in 43 reviews)

• The work/ life balance can be challenging (in 16 reviews)

More Highlights

Slave work

Current Employee - Production Manager in Vernon, CA
    Current Employee - Production Manager in Vernon, CA

I have been working at BCBG full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Best place to learn how to deal with low self confident people.

Cons

If you are nice and good with work, they expect you to be slave.

Learn how to select better people.

Outlet Sales associate

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Cypress, TX
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Cypress, TX

I have been working at BCBG part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Discount was amazing
    Perks every season (aka extra discount)

Cons

Pushy with sales. Very slow environment and they weren't many hours. Even though it was an outlet store they still wanted us to maintain this unrealistic client profile.

Alright experience

Former Employee - Stock
    Former Employee - Stock

I worked at BCBG

Pros

Work environment was very comfortable, coworkers are friendly and help you out, pretty professional management.

Cons

If you dont like getting youre phone blown up several times a week, this is not the job for you. They change schedules days before without notice, and too much labor work for poor pay. Also they do not give annual pay raises.

Definitely better scheduling management.

Manager

I have been working at BCBG full-time

Pros

Beautiful clothing and accessories. Visually the store is beautiful. Policies and procedures provide for checks and balances...mostly designed around preventing loss and theft. Employee discount is substantial. Benefits are generous.

Cons

Upper management not available, old, slow outdated computers and POS, even the broken steamer they won't replace, no office for the managers to use for private meetings. Tons of paperwork to be filled out throughout the day. Heavy daily, weekly and monthly reporting. Heavy on completing checklists throughout the day.

Be prepared to be thrown in with very little direction and barely a lifeline to upper management and doing a ton of repetitive paperwork.

Store Manager

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at BCBG

Pros

70% discount to managers on clothing within your store.

Cons

Works 50-60 hrs a week. Pay is awful. Upper management is lazy with no social skills.. Does not value employees. No room for advancement unless you kiss you know what - promotion not based on merit.

VALUE YOUR EMPLOYEES and STOP KILLING ANIMALS for FUR - LOOK AT THE PETA Video.

Sales

Current Employee - Sales Associate in McAllen, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in McAllen, TX

I have been working at BCBG part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great discounts to buy clothes

Cons

No salary increase no benefits no opportunity for growth

What NOT to Be

Former Employee - Information Technology in Vernon, CA
    Former Employee - Information Technology in Vernon, CA

I worked at BCBG full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There are some wonderful people who work here, but more often than not they are on their way to much better places-- BCBG is usually just a stepping stone, rather, some level of purgatory where you have to pay your dues before actually taking a meaningful position that is rewarding.

Cons

This company boasts using FEAR as its sole motivating force. It starts at the top with the megalomaniacal, egocentric, and sadistic leaders who conduct weekly verbal lashings of the Directors. All Management is beaten into submission and rendered powerless by these random tyrannical whims, causing all levels of leadership to look out solely for themselves instead of their subordinates. Blaming and finger-pointing are the standard practices of the workday while everyone does their best to avoid having their head placed in the BCBG guillotine (which apparently is not out of fashion).
    IT in particular is riddled with extraordinary incompetence, strengthened and supported by an equally self-serving and inept management. There is no apparent desire whatsoever to help the beleagured employees of the company who toil with decade-old equipment and programs, also evidenced by frequently crashing servers along with other enterprise level disasters. Even the few well-intended workers get quickly stomped on for causing any attention put on the glaring faults of the IT Department, resulting in a kind of "Emporer's New Clothes" when discussing how very wonderful IT is for handling the same problems it is directly responsible for creating.
    In short: if you're thinking of taking employment with this company, you should instead step out into traffic -- you'll be better off in the end. Unless you're eating the last crumb of bread you found beneath the floorboards of your house and you're on the brink of starvation, do not get involved with this Alice-In-Wonderland nut house. You very well might lose your mind-- especially if you're an ethical, self-motivated professional with some sense of integrity. You'll be crushed for it.

I wouldn't even know where to start with you folks. With the exception of a few low-level managers, collectively you make up some of the most detestable people I have ever met. You are the antithesis of true leadership: self-serving, hypocritical, greedy, untrustworthy, egocentric, two-faced, and dishonorable. Frankly, BCBG needs to be rid of you entirely-- starting from the very top all the way down to every middle Manager. You delight in making your subordinates cower and suffer. You berate and verbally abuse your staff merely because it inflates your ego, and you can get away with it. You are bullies of the worst kind, preying on the young and helpless and susceptible. The greatest contribution you can make at this point is to leave. You are the cancer of the organization.
    And BTW Max: you are not BCBG. Your employees are.

Horrible!

Former Employee - Designer in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Designer in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at BCBG

Pros

I liked the other employees in my department, except for my supervisor!

Cons

Everything! It was a sweat shop! Do not work here! I'd rather stick needles in my eyes!

Where do I begin – treat your employees like humans! Stop breaking the law! Stop hiring unqualified people in management positions. Worst run company I have ever seen. Can't believe they are still in business.

Analyst

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at BCBG

Pros

Company was a great brand and a respected brand in the industry. Employee discount was a good perk.

Cons

Processes are not standardized and are not followed. Unwilling to change processes and old technology. A lot of manual work arounds.

Amazing

Current Employee - BCBGMaxAzria Sales Associate in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - BCBGMaxAzria Sales Associate in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at BCBG part-time (more than a year)

Pros

I love working at BCBG!!! It's a great company and you can move up fast and I love the clothing

Cons

The only con about working for the company is that the pay could be better