BCBG Reviews

Updated October 23, 2014
2.9

BCBG Chairman and CEO Max Azria
Max Azria

Pros
  • Great discount and access to employee stores (you can find things still in stores at a great discount) (in 55 reviews)

• Employee discount is great as a manager at 70% off clothing, 50% off accessories (in 41 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours and low pay until you reach upper management levels (in 40 reviews)

• The work/ life balance can be challenging (in 15 reviews)

More Highlights

Hard work no recognition

I have been working at BCBG

Pros

DISCOUNT was awesome store managers 60%. Clients love the clothing sales goals were attainable especially during holiday

Cons

No internal growth, was doing all of the work of a manger without the title or pay and then was forced to train the new external candidate as a manager

Grow your people!!

BCBG Corporate Office

I worked at BCBG full-time

Pros

Fashion experience, cross-functional teams, the people....

Cons

No work-life balance, have to take a shuttle unless you are upper management, employees who work hard are not valued, pay is not competitive, feels like high school, building is about to collapse

Typical retail job. Only this one paid WAY less than it should have.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at BCBG part-time (less than an year)

Pros

They hired me and immediately gave me hours, which was great, but there was poor management and communication.

Cons

Hourly rate, management, expectations and almost "expected" to buy BCBG clothes to wear to work.

Not a company you want to work for

Former Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at BCBG full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good discount on clothing at 70% off. In addition, every season, you get a wardrobe perk where you can buy select pieces for a penny each! Your colleagues are fun and energetic.

Cons

The hourly rate and commission for sales associates is horrible. The company asks a lot of you but gives little back in return. For example, the store for the most part (unless it is a high volume store) is covered by only 2 or 3 associates. They expect you to sell, and make your goals and be a loss prevention agent at the same time because they are unwilling to hire security. They want you to clientele but provide no tools for you to do it. Communication between the corporate office and the retail stores is often scattered and non-existent. Visual merchandising in terms of window changes and floor set changes was a nightmare. For whatever reason, we would always be missing a part or prop to complete a window causing it to look ridiculous and unfinished. Finally, you are expected to be the ones to clean the store, whereas most other retailers simply hire someone to do this job.

The company culture needs to change and that starts from the top and from the corporate office. The company needs to re-evaluate how its running and operating instead of trying to squeeze everything from every employee. People aren't meant to do five things at once. If you want an associate to excel at selling, then give them that time to sell and devote to their clients. If you want to prevent theft, then you need to hire an LP agent for that. If you need someone for inventory, then someone needs to be hired for that.

Good opportunities: Horrific management

I worked at BCBG full-time

Pros

Great exposure to the inner workings of the fashion industry. Competitive discounts. Some amazing team members.

Cons

Lack of clear direction. Confused and aggressive management. Unsafe and unappealing work environment. Low salaries.

Invest time and money in your employees and have clear direction to share with them.

Internship gone MAD!!!!

Former Employee - Marketing Inter in Vernon, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing Inter in Vernon, CA

I worked at BCBG as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Getting to see directing the inside marketing team to a national power house. The photo shoot knowledge and the entire work that really goes into making the e-commerce team!

Cons

Chaos!!! No leadership...or take that back..some think they have it but its really like following a head less chicken onto a battle field. They lacked communication, organization and basically anything else you need to run an organization to its best. I worked so hard for barely even a thank you...by the end if when I did my exit interview they asked me if I would like to take on a full time position and I said "ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!" Out side of the photo shoots I learned very very little!

Started great, ended sour.

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at BCBG

Pros

I loved the atmosphere and the people I worked with. I had a FANTASTIC manager to start and it was a positive work relationship, and positive environment.

Cons

They did not promote from within and brought in a manager with no retail experience, or managing experience. The whole atmosphere changed and after a couple months of no one listening to us lesser employees, almost the entire staff from the store left within two months.

Fun experience, tiring

Former Employee - BCBGMaxAzria Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - BCBGMaxAzria Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at BCBG part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Really fun if you like fashion! The bosses are great, and the company tries hard to teach you a lot. It's a great way to learn about retail, and it's a fast-paced environment. Hours usually are very flexible, and managers are helpful about organizing hours.

Cons

Low pay, lots of time on your feet in heels, have to buy expensive clothes

Pay employees more!

Overall good learning experience

Current Employee - Supply Chain Intern in Vernon, CA
    Current Employee - Supply Chain Intern in Vernon, CA

I have been working at BCBG as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

I liked that we (interns) were given the same respect and treatment as full time associates. It was really awesome to have worked on a summer long project with my co-intern and direct supervisor. I learned a lot about the different systems that they used to track inflow of merchandise and we got to interview all the floor level supervisors for the project. It was almost like consulting internally for BCBG. The discounts were ridiculous. Almost 90% off retail price.

Cons

We didn't receive much training since our direct supervisor was very busy. Sometimes it can get really busy in a day and sometimes there was absolutely nothing to do. The internship is unpaid so it seems a lot of work for an intern to do without the pay.

Pay your interns.

Key holder

Former Employee - Keyholder in Anthem, AZ
    Former Employee - Keyholder in Anthem, AZ

I worked at BCBG full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Meeting different people and interesting clients, learning about fashion

Cons

Management should be more involved in daily operations , needs more structure and balance

Better training

BCBG Photos

Outlet
The mezzanine/cafeteria. (BCBG HQ)
Damen Ave