BCE

Add Photos

BCE President, CEO, and Director, BCE and Bell Canada George A. Cope

George A. Cope

Ok place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at BCE full-time

ProsBest company lots of opportunities

ConsTakes forever to get anything done

Poor support

Business Analyst (Current Employee)
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at BCE full-time for more than a year

Proshealthy budget for initiatives and office environment

Conspoor work life balance and poor support from executives

Advice to Senior Managementreview the conduct of executive groups and their treatment of their FTE's

OK... could be better...

Finance Manager (Current Employee)
Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I have been working at BCE full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGood work/life balance. Good benefits.

ConsInefficient, complicated and unproductive performance review process.
You have to be a brown noser to get anywhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your employees. No raises or miniscule raises since the hundred day plan? Come on! Also, just because an employee doesn't brag about every little thing they do, doesn't mean they aren't contributing as much as the ones who can "talk the talk". Immediate leaders are either oblivious or don't care about the hard work done by their teams. Unless you turn straw into gold, you are invisible.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Can be rewarding if you can play office politics.

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at BCE

Prosthere are low expectations for individual work effort

Conslow expectations

lack of any real HR programs/growth ops
raises are a joke
no method to how

BCE is a great place to work for someone who loves to learn about technology and is flexible in the work that they do.

Senior Business Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee)
Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I have been working at BCE

ProsBeing such a large and diversified company, there are lots of opportunities to expand your horizons if you are willing to learn, put in some extra time to pick up new skills on your own and who can develop relationships across business units. Being flexible is definitely a plus and is rewarded. There are always special projects to work on and you are only limited by your ability to learn.

Benefits packages are competitive and complete including medical, dental and vision at no cost to the employee for individual coverage.

The stock purchase plan, currently under review because of the privatization underway is pretty good and offers a way for employees to save money while kicking in an extra bit from the company.

The tuition reimbursement program has enabled me to continue my education at university and my bosses have always recognized my extra effort on my own time.

ConsThere is a culture amongst management that you have to work unpaid overtime or you will be seen as "not committed" to the company.

Being a large company, getting the right amount of communication is difficult. You either get too much or too little. You have to dig some times.

Further, getting all the required approvals is an exercise in bureaucracy that is not seen in smaller companies. There is a governance model required for everything and you lose a lot of time and effort just jumping through hoops.

Lastly, the business unit structure encourages infighting and battles for money that do nothing for the bottom line, but only the performance rating of some Vice President. Doing away with funding other business units with funny money would do a lot to improve performance.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe open and honest with your employees. They are smarter and more able to handle the truth than you think. Be accepting of challenges and don't be afraid to meet all your employees and let them get to know you. It is only by knowing what kind of person you are that they will grow to trust you.

Worked for BCE? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BCE reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for BCE CEO George A. Cope. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by BCE employees.