BCForward Reviews

Justin P Christin

1. Excellent Company To Work For

Current Employee - Indiana in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Indiana in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at BCForward full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunities for Growth Accessibility to Upper Management Commission Scale Work Environment

Cons

Cost of Benefits Everything else would be extremely "nitpicking" and forcing a negative to be chosen

2. Liars, low ballers and losers.

Former Employee - Sales Analyst in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Sales Analyst in Portland, OR

I worked at BCForward full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They "let" you keep your job that you were all ready perfectly happy with. They "give" you sick pay which is the bare legal minimum in the state in which I live. They really believe their own lies these people. Lots of promises and zero delivery.

Cons

They are liars, low ballers and losers. When you call them on their lies they continue to ask the same questions that go nowhere. If they take over your current contractor walk out the door while you can.

Advice to Management

Stay in Indiana where you people belong. Pack your carpetbags and try Mississippi, a place BC Forward could thrive!

Unethical & Sexist

Former Employee - Project Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at BCForward full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No one shot me.

Cons

I was brought in to do a completely different job than I was given. After I was pressured more and more to do programming, which wasn't what I was hired to do, I spoke with management about the issue by telling them the problem and trying to find a way to resolve it. From then on, BCforward was pretty extreme in retaliating against me. They think the client can do no wrong, even if the client is an idiot that has no idea what they're doing. I had a few trusted colleagues tell me they were talking about me behind my back and trying to get me fired. I would schedule meetings with my team, but then a manager would go in and delete me from the meeting. The client got very upset I wasn't attending these meetings and wouldn't hear any reasoning as to why. I was completely caught in the middle between a client who hated contractors, and management that hated employees. At least 4 times I noticed someone poured coffee all over the chair I was sitting on. The only people that were in the office before me were my BCforward managers, who never spoke to me after a while because they were too busy trying to sabotage me. BCforward doesn't adhere to any labor practices either. I worked overtime for multiple weeks because of the client, but I wasn't paid for any of it. I lost over 100 hours of money because of that. BCforward said they would check on it for me, but they never gave me an answer how to get paid for the overtime I worked. Each time I asked a manager for help on this, I was given excuses and nothing more. I applied for their health insurance after 90 days. I never received the health insurance information. I continued to get it taken out of my check though. Where was the money going? I have no idea. I called their headquarters, but no one cared. I later learned everyone was only focusing on moving to a different building, so employees were ignored more than usual because of that. For 2 pay periods I didn't get paid. Their timesheet wasn't working and I faxed in a paper copy to HR. I still haven't received that money. Later I learned HR is nothing but temporary employees themselves, being gone after only a week's time. The people working in the main office have no idea what they're doing. We had 3 new contractors begin after me. For 4 months they had to use their own personal laptops at the client site. BCforward did nothing to alleviate this situation. IU Health, which was the client, used that to be abusive towards the contractors. None of them had access to shared drives to do their work. The client, IU Health, was responsible to give people laptops at the client site. However, they just were in no rush and were so cruel to the new employees. BCforward did nothing to help them either because management believes the client can be abusive to their employees, no problem. All three contractors were let go because of this. They just came in, and BCforward management told them to pack up their things and go home, no questions were allowed. They had 2 minutes to collect their things before security would throw them out. I heard it all because I sat next to the employees one cubicle over from them. The worst part was hearing managers come back to the room less than 20 minutes later and laugh about laying off people, as if it was so funny. It turned my stomach. In 2 weeks I was happy I found a job elsewhere. If you have a soul, working here isn't for you. These people are vampires, allowing the client to mistreat, and even encourage mistreatment, of all their employees.

Advice to Management

Purge all management and allow all new employees to perform a 360 review on management after being hired 30, 90, 160 days. Continuing to allow people to be mistreated like this is wrong.

5. Might as well be outsourcing

Pros

None to speak of from the start.

Cons

Not a company based in California, they butcher payroll every time. Benefits are the lowest. The Management are unconcerned with anything below their pay grade.

Advice to Management

Stay in Indianapolis or wherever they originated.

6. Recruiter

Pros

The people are great, management is open and welcoming, employment guidelines are defined

Cons

Communication between management and other employees could be strengthened.

Advice to Management

More emails about what is going on.

Please work for somebody else!

Current Employee - Recruiter in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Dallas, TX

I have been working at BCForward (Less than a year)

Pros

BCForward is payrolling me for assignment at Accenture. I like Accenture but they did not give me a choice as to who would be payrolling me.

Cons

BCForward office staff do not see their contractors questions and concerns as something they need to follow through and answer or deal with. I have copies of rude emails I eventually get in response. It is a shame they do not value their contractor's more. Do they realize that for every bad experience they provide to a contractor it will eventually get back to their client.

Advice to Management

I am not sure what the management does. I have asked to speak to Human Resource Director several times and to an office manager and still no phone call back. So perhaps Management has to decide that all employees and contractors are important and are your bread and butter to business survival.

IT Recruiter

Current Employee - IT Recruiter in North Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - IT Recruiter in North Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at BCForward full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I really enjoy the team, I get a ton of encouragement from management from the ground up. The company is expanding rapidly and I feel really confident that I can grow with it,

Cons

There definitely needs to be better communication among different departments,

Advice to Management

Please meet with each other more frequently - like have a big group meeting - or send an update email. As we continue to grow we do not have time to wonder if we are even emailing the right person there needs to be a list or something.

Buyer beware...

Current Employee - Project Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at BCForward full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Steady paycheck and no rush to end assignments if you are full time

Cons

Account Management and HR processes need to be better defined

Advice to Management

Account managers should be more attentive to employees and do more research on positions especially if they are not working on the main account.

Classic bait and switch

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager

I worked at BCForward full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I received my pay on time.

Cons

Nothing the recruiter told me regarding benefits was true. They even tried to change my contract language after we had signed it to cut my pay. No one from the company checked on me the entire time I worked for them, even when I had issues with the place where I was working. When I handed in my resignation, they asked me why.

Terrible company

Former Employee - Project Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at BCForward full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

At least you know they're going to lie to you before they do it

Cons

Underpaid, broken promises, terrible benefits, owner tells you he doesn't have money to give raises, while he drives off in his Bentley. Any positive reviews of this company are given by people who either don't know any better, or the company is instructing them to post false positive reviews.

RSS Feed </> Embed