BCForward

Be The First To
Add Photos

Justin P Christin

Challenging

Project Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at BCForward as a contractor for more than 3 years

ProsAggressive growth company with multiple employment sectors

ConsAggressive growth company with limited corporate infrastructure in place to support business model

Advice to Senior ManagementEstablish a realistic and achievable 3 year growth plan; acquire/retain the critical resources to achieve plan

Typical contract head hunters, but very informative and responsive up-front

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at BCForward as a contractor for more than a year

ProsVery responsive and informative about the whole game of contract work at major tech companies (IBM, HP, etc.) while pay & benefits come from BCforward.

ConsHR seemed a little disjointed overall, but there were signs of that improving in 2012.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay in better touch with your contractors out there at large client companies. When contracts are coming toward an end be proactive in finding follow-on work for your people.

The company is completely clueless and out of touch

I worked at BCForward full-time

ProsThere is a 20 word minimum, so I'll try to think of one.
- It was a paycheck. It came every two weeks.

Cons- Company thinks they have this great reputation in the local market, but they don't. Outside of their one major customer, other firms either haven't heard of them or have had terrible service.
- The HR staff is awful. Unresponsive to questions, slow to react.
- The make promises they have no intention of keeping.
- Zero training. They just hope you figure things out. Even after asking for help, nothing happens. They make no attempt to invest in their employees, and it shows as a bunch of talented people have left.

Advice to Senior ManagementRumors have swirled for a long time that the owner plans to sell, he should. Sell to a company that wants to be in the business.

Good company, tough to get ahead

I worked at BCForward full-time for more than 3 years

ProsVery professional, a lot of learning opportunities

ConsNo chance for job growth beyond current position

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more opportunity

Exceptional place to work

I have been working at BCForward full-time for more than 10 years

ProsFamily owned and operated. Employees treated like family. Excellent benefits. Competitive salaries. Positive work environment. Opportunities to advance.

ConsNothing negative to say about this company

BC forward review

Consultant (Former Employee)
Fort Worth, TX

I worked at BCForward full-time for more than a year

Prosgood company. great staff and people

Conscan be slow to process expenses and pay

Advice to Senior Managementbe a little more employee focused in comparison with how they treat customers/clients

Good Company to Work for

I worked at BCForward

ProsGood learning environment, good people, laid back environment, opportunity to learn more on the job, and plenty of interaction. I also enjoyed the independent control of projects.

ConsPay is low, benefits are okay, growth is limited if you don't have the years, long hours, and a little unappreciated after years.

Poor leadership. Insane cost for benefits. Constant rumors of the company selling.

Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at BCForward full-time

ProsGreat employees (although they are leaving at a rapid pace), which makes an okay work environment. Not micromanaged because leadership is absent.

ConsTo the reviewer that said they have worked at BCforward for over 10 years and that it's a great place to work is not accurate. The only person that has worked there for that long is the owner.

Benefits are terrible and extremely overpriced. Owner and "leadership" are absent and do not act in the best interest of the company. Poor communication and no job stability due to the constant rumors of the company selling.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in your employees. They are leaving to work for competitors at a rapid pace.

Decided to try them as a temp agency.

Mechanical Technician (Current Employee)
Corvallis, OR

I have been working at BCForward as a contractor for more than a year

ProsThey speak good English. They respond to email unless your asking for a raise.

ConsThey lied about the over time i would be getting. "Because of the over time, they will be starting a bit lower". Even though i have had exceptional reviews from my employer and there is, and has not been any, over time for this employer. BC Forward will not increase my pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet in to equipment rental. It will not work for you, but you will know that lack of attention to your money makers will eventually run yourself out of business.

Terrible place to work.

I worked at BCForward full-time for more than a year

ProsCant think of any that would be appropriate here.

ConsLow pay for the work I did and never a raise. Very little communications with management even when I would initiate. Never once met my account manager. All I was was a money maker to them, not a person.

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up and smell the coffee. The people who are working are your product. If you don't take care of them, you will lose everything.

Worked for BCForward? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BCForward reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for BCForward CEO Justin P Christin. All 24 reviews posted anonymously by BCForward employees.