BCL Technologies Reviews

Reset
4.4
Hassan Alam
1 Rating

1. Great, positive and useful learning experience for intern.

Former Intern - Intern in San Jose, CA
    Former Intern - Intern in San Jose, CA

I worked at BCL Technologies as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

- Good working environment and culture. All people, who work at BCL technologies are kind and friendly. - Good teamwork, they work as a team to complete tasks or projects. - Small company, so there are many opportunities to know everyone and learn from one another. - Open communication. - Positive, useful and great learning experience for intern.

Cons

I couldn't think much for cons. - Couldn't find company organization structure and title in the office. Please show company organization structure & title, vision and mission to intern/employee so every intern/employee can know the company and everyone better.

Challenging and creatively stimulating environment

I worked at BCL Technologies as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Because the company is on the smaller side, I had the opportunity to participant in a variety of different projects that I wouldn't be able to pursue in a more corporate environment. I was given a lot of responsibility, and appreciated the chance to challenge myself creatively and intellectually. The lack of bureaucracy meant that projects proceeded relatively quickly, which was good.

Cons

If you are someone who enjoys working at a large corporation, this intimate work space (where you will know everyone on the BCL team) might not be the right fit for you.

Excellent company with long-term staff committed to it

Former Employee - Chief Operating Officer Malaysia and Strategic Advisor On Sales, Marketing, Products in San Jose, CA

I worked at BCL Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

BCL is a silicon valley company that thrives on innovation and has industry-leading technology and enterprise-class products and technologies -- in pdf solutions, data analysis and extraction, natural language processing. BCL has an extremely loyal staff -- many employees have been with the company for 10+ years. It rewards its top sales performers handsomely, provides flexible work environments to its technologists, and keeps everyone engaged by working on cutting-edge technologies. BCL's staff is extremely diverse, and BCL fosters a non-heirarchical culture of collaboration and respect for the individual.

Cons

As a smaller company, BCL must contend with the challenges that come with that designation. It must invest prudently and rely on its staff members to be self-motivated and operate without lots of layers of supervision.

Advice to Management

Continue to build on your technological strengths and maintain your informal meritocratic culture.

BCL has been a great learning experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at BCL Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

- nice people to work with - learning new skills is encouraged

Cons

- you have to be a self motivator sometimes

Brilliant Marketing Team & Positive Internship Experience

I worked at BCL Technologies as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Open communication is the norm in BCL's dynamic marketing team. As an intern, I strongly feel that I am an integral part of the team. Moreover, BCL graciously let me be involved in various areas of their marketing efforts. Definitely a good opportunity for interns who are looking to develop their skills.

Cons

No formal and systematic training provided.

Good People

I have been working at BCL Technologies full-time

Pros

Good place to learn new things and good for ambitious people. Very flexible, which is very important from a work-life balance perspective. Senior management is always open to inputs and suggestions from employees.

Cons

Flat and unstructured organization, with minimum training and supervision, which can be disconcerting especially to the unmotivated.

Advice to Management

BCL also needs to work better with the media because I rarely see any news article about the great projects they have done.

Only work for this company if you don't have any other choices.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at BCL Technologies

Pros

Flexibility, but not anymore compared to before.

Cons

Receive no appreciation from upper management. If ever a word of appreciation, it sounds so fake. Management likes to wear mask.

Advice to Management

Be sincere to your employees, after all, it's only a small company. It will only help the company if emloyees are being united rather than seperated.

9. Exciting, with high growth potential

I have been working at BCL Technologies

Pros

* you get to work with some of the most intelligent people you have met. * the company simply listens. They are attentive to make sure the employees work in a comfortable environment * industry competitive wages * Team setting, great way for someone to learn. * Huge growth potential for the sector that the company is currently in

Cons

* Would benefit from more team bonding experiences * other than that. Great job!

Advice to Management

* Hire more people who are willing to put in the hours and get the work done. An influx of talented folks who are good at their field would be nice.

Pleasant working environment with friendly & helpful colleagues

Current Employee - Account Manager in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I have been working at BCL Technologies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

- Flexibility, as long as one is capable, one is given enough room to do the job with minimal supervision / proper guidance & help from the management & colleagues. - Opportunity to learn as you go, I haven't had similar experiences when I first started working here, but I was given the chance to learn on the job & am able to do achieve what's necessary with ample assistance from my helpful colleagues.

Cons

I have been working here since 2005, honestly, there is not much con that I can think of, I have been quite satisfied with everything all these years.

Advice to Management

They could encourage all the employees to provide their two cents in how to bring the company to the next level, since the employees all come from different backgrounds & experiences before this, they may be able to provide opinions/suggestions that may be unique & useful to the situation.

Positive marketing internship experience

Former Intern - Marketing Intern
    Former Intern - Marketing Intern

I worked at BCL Technologies as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Dynamic environment with different assignments. The fun and smart co-interns added to the positive environment. Free delicious lunches on Fridays.

Cons

Older average age made it harder to connect with all the employees. Didn't have enough work to remain busy at all times.

Advice to Management

Plan out internship more and include more team-based assignments.

RSS Feed </> Embed