BD

BD Reviews

Updated Jul 16, 2014

BD President & CEO Vincent A. Forlenza

Vincent A. Forlenza

Pros
  • Appreciate company core values, nice benefits and work-life balance(in 33 reviews)

• have good benefits has monthy incentives for wmployes to help better your heath(in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Extremely slow in decision making(in 13 reviews)

• R&D engineers in Medical Surgical Systems completely distrust management(in 8 reviews)

Summer Internship

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood hours, appropriate level of personal responsibility, interesting projects. Friendly work environment. The cafeteria is quite nice, and the building is well located.

ConsRecent restructuring led to some initial confusion. The intern program is growing, so these problems are probably temporary. Meeting more of the other interns/group training would have been niec

Great company

ProsInvest in their people
    Provides sales force with unlimited resources
    Great products

ConsCan be stressful, but in a good way

Opportunity to work globally and develop with others.

Director (Current Employee) Franklin Lakes, NJ

ProsMedical Device Industry, respectful, professional

ConsDecision making by consensus. Generally risk averse.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake a decision; protect the core businesses and products proactively. Opportunity to manage infrastructure more effectively.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Narrow minded same old school boys company

Data Security Analyst (Current Employee) Franklin Lakes, NJ

Prosgood faclities and crifetaria but it gets old .. quikcly

ConsI worked for 2 years for Global Security Management group as employee from minority background and my experience was pathetic.Old school boys and girls keep their territory safe and do not share or let any young employees advance or perform well on job. "Not welcomed here" kind of attitude that I always felt. Not only to say, the most of time colleagues in group and manager both did not want to share any job relevant information but I found them showing lack of cooperation, collaboration and professional attitude. I found it hard to believe that manager was favoring employees without any knowledge base or experience in SAP application just because they have more number of years with company and from old school. Extremely narrow minded old school boys and girls trying to prove themselves better than anybody in the group and not ready to listen any minorities in the group. I also tried to transfer to other group to enhance my skills but did notice that managers in group were only supporting their old school boys and girls to develop skills and keep job secure. Working for this company was eye opening experience, as I realized it was not me all these years who was having issues on job, but what GROUP in company you work also decide your performance and how long you can stay with company. Company is good but it depends on what group do you work.

Advice to Senior Managementwake up and involve HR now to clean up old and rusted employees from Global Security Management group. Enough is enough. Company is good and do not let groups like GSM/ICM ruin company reputation.
    Either dissolve the groups like this or bring in good managers.

Overall a great company with a few pockets of neanderthal leaders.

ProsGreat compnay purpose ande values.

ConsSome functions have senior leaders who are bullies masquerading as leaders.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemeber your core values and work to keep them.

Too many Chiefs and not enough Indians

Field Sales Representative (Current Employee)

ProsGood benefits, good base pay, good time off, good company values

ConsPay is behind the industry, management is very short sighted, little employee loyalty.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest more in the long-term.

Global Security Management

Data Analyst (Former Employee) Franklin Lakes, NJ

Prosgood facilities .. crafetaria .. coffee shop .. .parking facilities...........

Consterrible terrible environment.. same old school mentality .. in the group ..Most of manager and Sr Analyst have no idea about how IT works.. and what should be done.. poor and in-effecient processes. .poor management poor interaction between groups .. employees are with the company for 15+ years because their old school friend is protecting them, with lots of favorisms.. ..and high salary.. lots of screwing around with new employees who just join the group.. Sr Analysts and Managers are like Walmart and Kmart managers ... no clue ..just saving his or her job by throwing work at their direct reports ...without any considerations .. my experience with Global Security management group was terrible at BD.. ...New employees (within age group 40-45) are not welcomed....in short..especially from other minority groups..Never trust Sr Analyst or Managers at BD .. since their statement changes every hour....not giving good direction or guidance..What a SHAME...!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementWake UP ....get rid of old school boys whose skills are out dated and living in comfort zone for long time. ( 15+) years .. stop that old school mentality..and narrow minded games....It is 21st century .. now.. not 1950's or 60 's...

They mean well...

Operations Supervisor (Current Employee)

ProsBenefits - great health insurance, sick days
    Altruistic - lots of philanthropy, volunteering opportunities, and encouraged involvement with community

ConsIT - not organized, overly complex, over 5 years behind in technology, it can take 6 weeks for a new employee to be set up in the critical systems and up to 6 months to get them into all the systems.
    Reactionary - prone to over-react to situations, no strategic planning
    Lip service to innovation - a 1st to follow or innovate by acquisition company because they won't put the money up for actual innovation

Advice to Senior ManagementGet you middle management in line! Top down messaging hits a huge road block of "This is how BD does it" the fact that a majority of the middle management has been with BD for > 15 years is a problem, not a success.

Ok.

Inspection Associate (Current Employee) Columbus, NE

ProsYes benefits are good

ConsThey change where you and hours you work all the time.

It was good at first but they do not care about you as a person only the bottom line.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Franklin Lakes, NJ

ProsIts a big company. Good for someone looking to gain experience.

ConsDoes not offer personal growth your only a number.

Worked for BD? Contribute to the Community!