BD

BD Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014

BD President & CEO Vincent A. Forlenza

Vincent A. Forlenza

Pros
  • Appreciate company core values, nice benefits and work-life balance(in 33 reviews)

• have good benefits has monthy incentives for wmployes to help better your heath(in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Extremely slow in decision making(in 13 reviews)

• R&D engineers in Medical Surgical Systems completely distrust management(in 8 reviews)

Great place to gain experience and build a career!

Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsFantastic people who are more interested in accomplishing organizational goals and helping others rather than purely pursuing their own self-interest. Reasonable work-load expectations, and the ability to truly grow at your own pace.

ConsDecision-making is sometimes a slow and circular process.

Advice to Senior ManagementFormal training and development is lacking

Software Engineer

Software Engineer (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsAppreciate company core values, nice benefits and work-life balance.

ConsProcess heavy. Outsourcing impacted jobs.

fine

Everest Core Team Member (SAP SD Vistex Analyst) (Current Employee) Jersey City, NJ

ProsGood profile and work ful nature

Conshealthy competition with colleagues and best work environment.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep it like this

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Strategic minds have large opportunity to impact change but consensus culture delays and can be frustrating.

Strategic Innovation (Current Employee) Franklin Lakes, NJ

ProsStrong commitment to improving people's health permeates organization and motivates employee efforts, organization is committed to growth, people are friendly, collaborative, and loyal to BD.

ConsConsensus driven organization delays change, brings slow pace, and prevents action - even if strategically clear.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmpower decision-making at lower levels. Some programs delayed by senior leaders' schedule rather than strategy not being developed.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

It depends upon who your manager is and how they are aligned within the political spectrum

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCompany strives to be recognized as a good corporate citizen.

ConsEngineering legacy governed by the philosophy, "if we build it, they will come." Minimal unique and novel product development from within.

Advice to Senior ManagementPerformance reviews should go UP as well as DOWN the chain of command.

Global Security Management

Data Analyst (Former Employee) Franklin Lakes, NJ

Prosgood facilities .. crafetaria .. coffee shop .. .parking facilities...........

Consterrible terrible environment.. same old school mentality .. in the group ..Most of manager and Sr Analyst have no idea about how IT works.. and what should be done.. poor and in-effecient processes. .poor management poor interaction between groups .. employees are with the company for 15+ years because their old school friend is protecting them, with lots of favorisms.. ..and high salary.. lots of screwing around with new employees who just join the group.. Sr Analysts and Managers are like Walmart and Kmart managers ... no clue ..just saving his or her job by throwing work at their direct reports ...without any considerations .. my experience with Global Security management group was terrible at BD.. ...New employees (within age group 40-45) are not welcomed....in short..especially from other minority groups..Never trust Sr Analyst or Managers at BD .. since their statement changes every hour....not giving good direction or guidance..What a SHAME...!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementWake UP ....get rid of old school boys whose skills are out dated and living in comfort zone for long time. ( 15+) years .. stop that old school mentality..and narrow minded games....It is 21st century .. now.. not 1950's or 60 's...

It was good at first but they do not care about you as a person only the bottom line.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Franklin Lakes, NJ

ProsIts a big company. Good for someone looking to gain experience.

ConsDoes not offer personal growth your only a number.

Poor work environment

Electro Mechanic (Former Employee) Sandy, UT

ProsGood healthcare and retirement. If you are a bad employee this is the place for you. They will keep just about anyone around

ConsThey never fire bad employees, and their promotions are not that great I moved up 3 times while I worked there and still wasn't making much more than some of the slackers that had been there longer in lower positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to reward your good employees and fire your bad ones.

QA

ProsAble ro solve enigeering GD&T applications.

ConsHard to innovate new designs.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire bright innovative individuals.

Good opportunity, enjoyed working there. Very professional.

Technical Service Coordinator (Former Employee) Madison, WI

ProsCompany values and their expertise. Everyone worked together well, always willing to go the extra mile to keep the customers happy.

ConsNot alot of room for advancement in my department.

Worked for BD? Contribute to the Community!