BDP International

BDP International Reviews

Updated December 6, 2014
Updated December 6, 2014
2.4

BDP International President & CEO Richard Bolte, Jr.
Richard Bolte, Jr.

BDP international

Former Employee - Import Coordinator in Elk Grove, IL
    Former Employee - Import Coordinator in Elk Grove, IL

I worked at BDP International

Pros

They have no problem training you in all areas

Cons

Pay was not that great

Great Company to work for out of college.

I have been working at BDP International full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great Culture, Good resources to learn industry, decent technology to aid your every day operations.

Cons

Salary Increases are minimal and scarce at times, promotions are difficult to seek out.

Logistic Coordinator- Harrisburg, PA

I have been working at BDP International

Pros

office work, hours, office enviroment, They buy you food for any celebration to keep you happy.

Cons

Poor management, only 75 hrs biweekly not 80. Medical Insurance are very expensive. If you are doing something wrong or mistakes they talk in your back not in front of you, not friendly people. They are #1 you are in second place.

very unproffesional. managers have attitude. Bad words

BDP International is an excellent company to work for but there are too many 'connected' individuals working there.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at BDP International full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Job growth, benefits, advancement potentials, international travel, great opportunity for entry level individual who is a self starter and is looking to advance their career at a global company.

Cons

poor leadership, management advances are long in coming, high turnover, poor HR department, IT department is too rigid and lacks communications skills and is not open to new social media advances and is completely out of touch with mainstream ideas and is not open to change.

Consider revamping the IT department, too little training, too many meetings on minor issues, remove family members from leadership roles, move IT into the 21st century.

Horrible Place to work!

Former Employee - Logistics Coordinator in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Logistics Coordinator in Houston, TX

I worked at BDP International full-time (less than an year)

Pros

In the beginning, it all seems BDP is the place to land that dream job. BDP is a good company but needs immediate overhaul.

Cons

Management teams are bunch of unprofessionals needing adequate training on how to treat their subordinates. I worked at BDP for two months and I must confessed that the management team runs the place like a military camp. If you are part of the click, you have nothing to worry about and your job is secured. Team lead in Houston and the strategic manager think in box not outside the box. They both work together to weed out any employee they dislike for whatever reasons and they will lie to get you terminated.

Upper management should review every terminated employees file to ensure protocols are being followed during the termination process. Exit interview is also a good tool to find out how these employees feel about their experience while working for BDP.

Worst Place to Work Ever

Current Employee - Import Coordinator in Aston, PA
    Current Employee - Import Coordinator in Aston, PA

I have been working at BDP International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Gives you the skills necessary to get a better job elsewhere.

This is the kind of entry level job you stay at just get your basic office training and leave.

Cons

Inner Circle attitude
    Poor Management
    No Career Path
    No real training
    Very unprofessional

I feel like I work in high school. Even the people who are over 40 act like they are still in high school. There are probably a handful of people who know how to act and dress professionally. Management does nothing to control it, there are no repercussions for the immature behavior. Furthermore, the import manager likes to yell at people in front of everyone else and the manger will come stand at your desk and literally watch over your shoulder as you work and then you get the person will yell at you until you are practically in tears. In addition, I had an interview somewhere and I was talking to the import manager and she brought it, please bear in mind my interview elsewhere did not have anything to do with what the actual meeting was about.

As far as a career path goes, if you intend on staying entry level for the rest of your life you will not find movement to other departments easy. BDP in no way has any defined career paths for to follow. On another note on career paths do not look to become team lead because there is nothing but dead wood there and becoming a team lead is not easy. I have known more qualified people be passed up for incompetence, I guess easier to control. I also know people who have been working there for very long time and extremely qualified never get promoted. I could go on but I will not. I hope this helpful to current employees and to job seekers. Don't waste your time, not worth it.

I wish management would get training on how to treat employees. You won't have such high tube over. Learn that respect and good treatment you can retain talent!

Contracted to work at Panasonic

Former Employee - Customs Compliance Administrator in Secaucus, NJ
    Former Employee - Customs Compliance Administrator in Secaucus, NJ

I worked at BDP International full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The salaries and benefits were excellent while working for BDP. Unfortunately, re-organization happened and several of us were laid off by the company. I truly enjoyed working for BDP International.

Cons

BDP as a whole is a good company to work for. The con to being contracted through Panasonic was when they decided not to renew the contract with BDP, we lost our jobs.

Horrible company to work for. It was a joke.

Current Employee - Logistics Coordinator in York, PA

I have been working at BDP International full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Hours weren't too bad. Great way to learn about logistics. It was an entry level office job. Not much else great about it. Just make sure to get out of here as soon as you get enough experience because this is a job for people who don't have much else going on for them.

Cons

This company does not like to train new hires and makes them feel like they are a burden to progress and then if you have too many questions they get upset with you. Management does not know how to manage and allows employees to bully each other and speak unprofessionally. Going to HR is a joke because they are just as clueless or close friends (or family) with management. It's a high stressful environment but not because of the work you would be doing but because of co-workers. They make you feel uncomfortable and do not treat others with integrity or respect (let alone their own jobs). It's not a good place to be.

Train people and give them the tools and skills to be great workers. Stop hiring family and friends and hire people with real work ethics.

Unless you fit in, they will make you feel horrible.

I have been working at BDP International full-time

Pros

Easy job. Don't have to get dressed up to work. Free coffee. Great place to get experience for a much better job.

Cons

Compensation was incredibly low. Many employees are very unprofessional and use a lot of foul language throughout the work day as well as management and upper management. Training is horrible to non-existent and there is no designated trainer so you will probably be ignored for the first day or two or until someone finally gets around to "dealing with you". This company, at least in the York office was very clique-y and if you don't fit their particular style or behaviors you will be singled out by the managers and they will lie in order to have you fired or look for petty excuses to have you terminated.

Stop hiring people with no work ethics. Stop allowing employees to treat other employees like garbage. Also, stop using foul language around the work place. It make you look like very unprofessional and terrible at what you do. Find someone who can set time designated to training new hires. Do not become friends with a close group of employees and give them special benefits.

don't bother

Current Employee - Import Department in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Import Department in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at BDP International full-time (less than an year)

Pros

flexibility, pay, nice employees, etc

Cons

bad manager,rules with an iron fist, not compassionat

act like a human being