BDP International Reviews

Updated August 12, 2014
Updated August 12, 2014

2.6

BDP International President & CEO Richard Bolte, Jr.
Richard Bolte, Jr.

BDP International is an excellent company to work for but there are too many 'connected' individuals working there.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at BDP International full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Job growth, benefits, advancement potentials, international travel, great opportunity for entry level individual who is a self starter and is looking to advance their career at a global company.

Cons

poor leadership, management advances are long in coming, high turnover, poor HR department, IT department is too rigid and lacks communications skills and is not open to new social media advances and is completely out of touch with mainstream ideas and is not open to change.

Consider revamping the IT department, too little training, too many meetings on minor issues, remove family members from leadership roles, move IT into the 21st century.

Contracted to work at Panasonic

Former Employee - Customs Compliance Administrator  in  Secaucus, NJ
    Former Employee - Customs Compliance Administrator in Secaucus, NJ

I worked at BDP International full-time for more than a year

Pros

The salaries and benefits were excellent while working for BDP. Unfortunately, re-organization happened and several of us were laid off by the company. I truly enjoyed working for BDP International.

Cons

BDP as a whole is a good company to work for. The con to being contracted through Panasonic was when they decided not to renew the contract with BDP, we lost our jobs.

Horrible company to work for. It was a joke.

Current Employee - Logistics Coordinator  in  York, PA
    Current Employee - Logistics Coordinator in York, PA

I have been working at BDP International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Hours weren't too bad. Great way to learn about logistics. It was an entry level office job. Not much else great about it. Just make sure to get out of here as soon as you get enough experience because this is a job for people who don't have much else going on for them.

Cons

This company does not like to train new hires and makes them feel like they are a burden to progress and then if you have too many questions they get upset with you. Management does not know how to manage and allows employees to bully each other and speak unprofessionally. Going to HR is a joke because they are just as clueless or close friends (or family) with management. It's a high stressful environment but not because of the work you would be doing but because of co-workers. They make you feel uncomfortable and do not treat others with integrity or respect (let alone their own jobs). It's not a good place to be.

Train people and give them the tools and skills to be great workers. Stop hiring family and friends and hire people with real work ethics.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

don't bother

Current Employee - Import Department  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Import Department in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at BDP International full-time for less than a year

Pros

flexibility, pay, nice employees, etc

Cons

bad manager,rules with an iron fist, not compassionat

act like a human being

Poorly Run Company

Former Employee - Team Leader  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at BDP International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Upward Mobility
    Schedule Flexibility
    Work from home options

The company offers many opportunities to move up from the entry-level job of Logistics Coordinator. This is primarily due to the high turn over rate and positions constantly becoming available. I was grateful to be promoted quickly. For a while, the company was willing to grand me a flexible schedule in order to better manage my home/family life with work. However, this was due largely in part to my manger being understanding and easy to work with. Once other parties got involved, who disapproved of the "special treatment", the flexible schedule was nixed.

Cons

Salary
    Inner-circle attitude
    Lack of tact

The entry level salary at BDP is minimal. In addition, most people receive very small raises once a year. I found the way management handled conflict to be extremely ineffective and unprofessional.

The atmosphere is extremely clique-y. If you are not considered part of the inner-circle of management you can forget being included in and outside of the work place. In addition, moving up becomes increasingly more difficult if you are not friends with the main players.

Unless you fit in, they will make you feel horrible.

Current Employee - Logistics Coordinator  in  York, PA
    Current Employee - Logistics Coordinator in York, PA

I have been working at BDP International full-time

Pros

Easy job. Don't have to get dressed up to work. Free coffee. Great place to get experience for a much better job.

Cons

Compensation was incredibly low. Many employees are very unprofessional and use a lot of foul language throughout the work day as well as management and upper management. Training is horrible to non-existent and there is no designated trainer so you will probably be ignored for the first day or two or until someone finally gets around to "dealing with you". This company, at least in the York office was very clique-y and if you don't fit their particular style or behaviors you will be singled out by the managers and they will lie in order to have you fired or look for petty excuses to have you terminated.

Stop hiring people with no work ethics. Stop allowing employees to treat other employees like garbage. Also, stop using foul language around the work place. It make you look like very unprofessional and terrible at what you do. Find someone who can set time designated to training new hires. Do not become friends with a close group of employees and give them special benefits.

Felt welcomed with the staff. A lot of being moved around but understood.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at BDP International as a contractor

Pros

Felt welcomed with the staff. A lot of being moved around but understood. The group of non-management staff I worked with was helpful and nice and all the while working hard to complete tasks.

Cons

Middle management is spread too thin with intolerance to dealing with employees individually. The absolute main focus of the company is money driven. Turn over is high. Many people use this company as a stepping stone once they take notice of the work environment.

It IS possible to be human AND be an effective manager. You don't have to be friends but tolerance and encouragement are desperately needed. Management Courses are needed as well.

Very welcoming and professional

Current Employee - Logistics Coordinator II  in  Edison, NJ
    Current Employee - Logistics Coordinator II in Edison, NJ

I have been working at BDP International full-time for less than a year

Pros

Only been here for three weeks, but I am enjoying the job. Training is one on one. The whole team is very helpful.

Cons

Only con for me so far is the commute.

Great company

Current Employee - Logistics Specialist
    Current Employee - Logistics Specialist

I have been working at BDP International full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Family company that really cares about their employees.

Cons

Employees can get 'pigeon holed' if not careful.

great for entry level learning

Former Employee - Logistics Coordinator  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Logistics Coordinator in Houston, TX

I worked at BDP International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible hours and good team leader

Cons

Very few to mention. Pretty fair company.

Worked for BDP International? Contribute to the Community!