BDS Marketing

Updated Jul 10, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

J. Mark Dean

Pros
  • Great company, flexible hours, great structure(in 4 reviews)

• Good benefits and reasonable auto allowance when I was an Mdm(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • In 7 years of full time employment, I had a whopping 2 supervisor observations(in 3 reviews)

• Some campaigns are part-time only(in 3 reviews)

Great experience. Love working at my own pace.

Market Development Manager (Current Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsFreedom to work how you want.

ConsNo real cons worth mentioning.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive product to employees for demo purposes.

Simple and Rewarding

Assisted Sales Representative (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsCustomer interaction and new tech to play with. The pay is decent, and the autonomy is wonderful

ConsThe work is sparse, and would only be recommended as an additional income.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone, it is a great company to work for.

Going Down Hill...

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsI have been with BDS / Channel Partners for 8 years. Work is great and diverse. Plays better than most other Field Marketing and sales jobs out there.

ConsWork is not consistent, company never offers full time work, only part time, they never give raises even when asked. One manager actually had the nerve to tell me I was the highest paid rep in the company only for me to find out that 2 people I actually got hired for a different campaign
    That what I was working on were getting paid $3 - $4 more an hour than I was. & one of them had never worked in Field Marketing or Assisted sales before ever.

But like I said it's a good gig just wish it paid a bit more since the aren't consistent or full time.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more honest with your employees and don't micro manage as much. Weekly meetings don't have to be to drill sales in my head or be so redundant. If our sales sucked as bad as you make it sound in the meetings, I hope that we would have all been fired years ago.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Growing

X-pert Merchandiser II (Current Employee)

ProsProfessional place to work
    Great Training
    Flexible schedule
    opportunity to advance
    work for yourself representing great brands

ConsYou have to be able to think on your feet at all times without fail and have to complete visits expectations to the T. Must check email 3-4 times per day.

13 years on and off with company.

Market Development Manager (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsThe employees in Hr are hands down the best ever. Always caring and come through to find me other work. Good benefits and reasonable auto allowance when I was an Mdm.

ConsThe programs come and go constantly. I have been laid off so many times I lost track. I've realized that truth is unless you are buddy buddy with someone in corporate you won't be a district or area manager. Even 13 years didn't even get me a call. My benefits and sales numbers for each client were phenomenal. My accounts love me. Why did it never give me a shot when other poor quality people are regional and district managers?
    I'm a leader and can do amazing things.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf someone has been in the field for as long as I have with two college degrees and 15 yrs sales experience you should notice this and promote from within more often. Good employees will never stay somewhere very long. Make them feel appreciated and don't micromanage. If upper management were to be more engaged with the clients then perhaps programs would last longer.

Assisted Sales Rep

Assisted Sales Representative (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsCreate your own work schedule

ConsDriving alot. Minimal direction from management

Good company to work for if you have the right team leaders

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGot the coolest and newest technology depending on your program. Overall your team was real helpful as you were always in touch with them

ConsTeam Leaders- only cared about getting there reports to the clients and making sure there numbers looked good. Other than that they didn't care. They would change requirements around all the time, with consequences if you didn't follow through even if you had your schedule made, you would have to change it based of what they wanted but wanted your schedule to be made a month in advance. So don't plan on having certain days off or anything

Part-Times didn't get a car allowance so per mileage pay was real low and had to wait to do your taxes. Some stores were over an hour away and you had to drive all the way there for a 40min visit

Poor Management

Field Operations Manager (Former Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsCo-workers: Met good people. Got to travel and go to places I have not been to before.

ConsManagement does not give you the tools to do your job.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees as they are there to impact and make a difference to your company.

Part Time

ProsGreat Temp Job -- easy portal to log visits -- training helped a lot with the in store visits -- schedule was weekends only

Conswish the job laster longer -- loved the RM and help and support she gave to do the job
    Deadlines can be tight and you have to hit them

Great professional company!

Flex Force Trainer (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

Prosthey are reliable and honest, I have always been paid on time and without hassle or question. very professional and easy to interact with. it is great for a little extra money, if you need to rely on this check for your livelihood look elsewhere it is more to supplement some extra gas or emergency expense money.

Consthe training is kind of up in the air at times as to what you need to do but it gets worked out.

Worked for BDS Marketing? Contribute to the Community!