BE Aerospace

Updated December 12, 2014
3.1

BE Aerospace Chairman and CEO Amin J. Khoury
Amin J. Khoury

Pros
  • In my department they strive to provide a work-life balance (in 6 reviews)

• B/E is one of the dominant players in cabin interiors, world wide (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • While work life balance is supported in my area, it's not in others (in 5 reviews)

• There is no support from senior management (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

AMAZING

Current Employee - Industrial Engineer in Westminster, CA
    Current Employee - Industrial Engineer in Westminster, CA

I have been working at BE Aerospace full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I enjoyed coming to work everyday inwhich I would make the machines sing, even better than when manufactured. Being free to make decisions to better the company without corporate interference.

Cons

The challenge at this facility in WESTMINSTER, CA. is having young kids out of school with no experience, not willing to listen or learn from seasoned employees, because of a social gap, run this place as management? This destroys a company from the inside out, even one as wonderful as B/E AEROSPACE.

MNGMNT, please do not hire EGO's, hire a work force that will get us to the top where we belong as a team.

Overall good employment

Current Employee - Production Worker in Winston-Salem, NC
    Current Employee - Production Worker in Winston-Salem, NC

I have been working at BE Aerospace full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Friendly people, Union benefits, 10 cent raises every eight weeks

Cons

the lack of team work from line-to-line is a bit problematic

Assembler

Former Employee - Assembler in Winston-Salem, NC
    Former Employee - Assembler in Winston-Salem, NC

I worked at BE Aerospace full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great people you work with

Cons

Union company and the union does not work for the people that pays good money to be in the union.they go out of there way for some of the older people that works there but the new people can for get it.the people in human resources are not trustworth and they tell all your busy they are very unprofessional

Have a better communication with your people and talk to that person not some one else cause the message always get turned around be honest at all time

B/E is a company of opportunity.

Current Employee - Engineer in Winston-Salem, NC
    Current Employee - Engineer in Winston-Salem, NC

I have been working at BE Aerospace full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Employees have career progression, have the chance to see their work affect the bottom line, are involved in full lifecycle projects, etc.

Cons

The company is young so still developing SOPs.

Taking the time to have one on one conversations with their employees. B/E is a fast-paced environment and all employees are guilty of forgetting about the small things that are important.

Over worked, under paid, false hope.

I have been working at BE Aerospace

Pros

Opportunity to be a self/starter

Cons

Politics in upper management and company in-fighting make it difficult to finish tasks. Mixed directions and being expected to read between the lines was the norm. No rewards other than false hope (lead on about) with promises of career advancement.

Stay true to your word. Don't have employees chasing false targets/goals. Have integrity in your position.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME. DONE!

I worked at BE Aerospace

Pros

I truly can not find words that would discribe anything good about this company. All I can say is I'm happy I am no longer there.

Cons

Unless you are a family member you will be wasting your life with this company.

Clean house. Starting with the CEO and down to directors. Unstable executives play with employees minds to benefit themselves and there advancements in the workplace.

Great work life balance

Former Employee - Senior Engineer in Everett, WA
    Former Employee - Senior Engineer in Everett, WA

I worked at BE Aerospace full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great work life balance
    Laid back casual atmosphere
    Great people
    Managers that really cared about you as a person

Cons

Hectic at times, slow at others
    Some people lacked motivation
    Some resistance to change in business environment

Be visible to employees, know your customers

I'm glad I left

Current Employee - Certification Engineer in Winston-Salem, NC
    Current Employee - Certification Engineer in Winston-Salem, NC

I have been working at BE Aerospace full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Initially was a good company to work for. Good pay and benefits. Was a pleasant culture to work in.

Cons

Too much work load in the past few years. Overbearing pressure as well. Very little training. Expect employees to keep up on their own but no time for that. Not enough people to handle the ever increasing work.

Changes made in past few years were not for the better.

Valuable experience

I worked at BE Aerospace part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great working environment, people, and atmosphere. Projects always interesting. The company seems to be on a very good and positive projection towards the future.

Cons

Lack of project management, a lot of miscommunication between separate departments within the company. People did not know who should take ownership between certain aspects of the company which made it inefficient.

Rare Opportunity To Be A Part Of A Growing, Challenging Environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

I have been working at BE Aerospace full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Things happen fast in SPG Engineering, which is full of talent that thrive on challenges. This is an excellent environment for both entry level and experienced engineers that want to grow and take advantage of promotion opportunities. This is not the type of organization where you need to "put in your time" in order to grow. The right talent can quickly find opportunities for growth.

The VP/GM came up through the engineering ranks and has done a fantastic job at utilizing the talent in the organization to develop new products that have driven so much growth and making sure they are compensated well. Spot bonuses are great!

While it is a fast pace, full of high performing talent, a lot of effort is put into work/life balance. Most people average 45-50 hour weeks, with only the occasional hectic bump for big deliverables. Team building events and group outings happen regularly, contributing to a positive work environment where everyone gets along well. Surprisingly low number of egos here.

People are empowered to make decisions, and failures put the focus on shortcomings in process rather than personal mistakes (except in extreme cases).

Cons

This place has proven a bit too much for some. Leadership will put as much as they can on individuals since growth has outpaced recruiting/hiring.
    Some Senior Management tends to view quick, knee-jerk reactions as a quality that indicates decisiveness. This hasn't always resulted in good strategic decisions for the organization.

Hope the President/Co-CEO has an opportunity to focus on his passion in the energy sector with this new re-org and provide the current VP/GM to take over leadership in SPG and increase his influence in the organization.

BE Aerospace Photos