BE Aerospace Reviews

162 reviews filtered by
3.1
BE Aerospace Chairman and CEO Amin J. Khoury
Amin J. Khoury

Pros
  • In my department they strive to provide a work-life balance (in 6 reviews)

• B/E is one of the dominant players in cabin interiors, world wide (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • While work life balance is supported in my area, it's not in others (in 5 reviews)

• There is no support from senior management (in 7 reviews)

1. Good pay, great people & a lot of mobility within the company. Very busy, fast-paced work environment.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

I worked at BE Aerospace (more than 5 years)

Pros

Direct supplier to airlines globally. Strong ability to win business.

Cons

Difficult to juggle education & work since it often requires long hours and occasional travel.

2. A career with unfulfilled promises, finger pointing, and back-stabbing. Company is in a downward spiral!

Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineering in Winston-Salem, NC
    Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineering in Winston-Salem, NC

I worked at BE Aerospace full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Ability to wear multiple hats. Opportunity for advancing one's knowledge.

Cons

The Global Seating Aftermarket Group is in a downward spiral due to poor middle and upper management. AVOID! They continue to have lay-offs, starting back in spring of 2013, keeping only the young/new/less experienced employees to reduce costs. At the same time management continues to point fingers and stab their co-workers in their backs in attempt to keep their positions and/or to try to advance their position even though they are not stellar employees. The teams do NOT work well together, especially when there are cross-business groups (Aftermarket with OEM). HR is NOT for the employee, it is soley focused on requests of management!!! They will not investigate inter-office issues un-biased/truthfully. Pay was not commensurate with the roles/responsibilities given.

Treat employees with respect. Do not string carrots to entice your employees with empty promises. Provide recognition for hard work. Allow those best suited for the job at hand, the ones performing the work, to work with the intended customer to avoid delays/set-backs/mis-directions from the "grapevine" effect. HR should do exit interviews with employees to have a solid understanding of what working conditions exist.

3. Quality Assurance System Manager

Current Employee - - Aerospace Commercial/Defense Business in Westminster, CA
    Current Employee - - Aerospace Commercial/Defense Business in Westminster, CA

I have been working at BE Aerospace

Pros

Six Sigma, PPAP, FAI, Kaizen events, Lean Mfg.

Cons

Not sufficient Certified Operator Program

- New Management team, all have to take time to learn the internal processes an support to operations

5. Disorganized and illequiped

Former Contractor - Quality in Tucson, AZ
    Former Contractor - Quality in Tucson, AZ

I worked at BE Aerospace as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Pay was good. Close to home, for me at least.

Cons

Very disorganized. Poor training, not enough equipment IE computers for all employees. Long hours. Was not made to feel part of the team. No feedback from people that were training. Too overworked to properly train.

Give feedback to those that are being trained. If they are not doing well, let them know so that they can improve upon their weaknesses.

B/E Aerospace

I have been working at BE Aerospace

Pros

Benifits, Structure, internal growth and oppurtunities

Cons

Large Company problems- non - agile

Thank you for everything!

7. My experience thus far has been gratifying. I've enjoyed working with some dynamic people.

Current Employee - Senior Analyst
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst

I have been working at BE Aerospace full-time (less than a year)

Pros

So far, I've enjoyed working with some great and intelligent people. I've been given the opportunity to get involved in some projects to help make the company more dynamic and efficient.

Cons

Due to the tremendous growth of the company over the past 5 years, the business processes have not caught up with the growth of the company.

Make an effort to include a multi-dimension perspective from every functional area within the company and less of an engineering-only perspective. Also, stress the importance of the mission statement and values of the company so that everyone has a clear understanding of where the company is going.

8. Great Company

I have been working at BE Aerospace

Pros

Good and comfortable work atmosphere.

Cons

There needs to be more opportunity for advancement of female employees. It is a very male dominated company.

9. Okay to work for.

Former Contractor - Manufacturing Engineer in Lenexa, KS
    Former Contractor - Manufacturing Engineer in Lenexa, KS

I worked at BE Aerospace as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

They allow you to have a lot of independance to work on your projects. They try to set out specific goals for you each year.

Cons

It is sometimes difficult to get stuff done because they are under staffed and people don't have a lot of time for anything that is for continuous improvement of existing lines. The major issue is that products are so low volume and diverse for each customer that people spend all there time trying to meet customer demands. They also have to support products for 10-15 yrs so there is a ton of legacy work.

You need a continuous improvement team that can perform audits without needing to support customer needs.

10. solid company to work

Current Employee - Program Manager in Winston-Salem, NC
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Winston-Salem, NC

I have been working at BE Aerospace

Pros

Worked a few years in the Winston-Salem based seating business segment as Senior Program Manager. I enjoyed the people I worked with and the area very much. management was very demanding with fair compensation and an outstanding relocation package

Cons

For me personally, the seating business was simply not technically challenging enough thus, decided to leave the company after two short years making my departure more of a personal choice.

Management was visible/approachable and available to the staff. However, could have had a better communication about ongoing and future business activities and challenges.

11. Never Trust The Owner

Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Whittier, CA
    Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Whittier, CA

I worked at BE Aerospace full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Typically did not work on sundays,

Cons

Typically work every holiday and saturday

Have yourself replaced / removed