BE Aerospace

Updated September 29, 2014
2.8

BE Aerospace Chairman and CEO Amin J. Khoury
Amin J. Khoury

Pros
  • When I began working for B/E just a few short months ago, I couldn (in 7 reviews)

• In my department they strive to provide a work-life balance (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • While work life balance is supported in my area, it's not in others (in 5 reviews)

• Micro management is standard practice (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Company to learn and grow with

Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineering Intern  in  Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineering Intern in Tucson, AZ

I worked at BE Aerospace as an intern for less than a year

Pros

B/E Aerospace is a great company to learn and grow from. Their staff is very friendly. My boss allowed me to work independently without too much supervision.

Cons

I cant think of any

I enjoyed the job shadowing function of training. I just wish that there were more of a structured training program.

Design Engineer in Winston-Salem, great place to learn and grow

Former Employee - Design Engineer  in  Winston-Salem, NC
    Former Employee - Design Engineer in Winston-Salem, NC

I worked at BE Aerospace full-time for more than a year

Pros

This was my first job out of college and BE is a great place to work, management is competent, fair, encouraging. I only worked there for a year--I left for reasons unrelated to quality of the workplace.

I've worked at two other places since then and I can say that BE really has its act together. They focus well on improving technology and consequently improving your ability to work without hassle as a design engineer. They have a great Lunch and Learn program that encourages sharing of ideas and knowledge between groups.

I could drone on for paragraphs about their emphasis on all the core competencies of a good company: the Kaizen, the parallel design, well structured milestones, etc. at some point you just have to believe my assessment or not.

Cons

Winston-Salem was kind of a boring town but I tell you what... it's real easy to pick up women in that bar scene. Seriously, get a place downtown in walking distance of the nightlife and it's just mad.

Ummm... I can't think of that many cons to be perfectly frank. I realize this makes me sound like a sock-puppet HR rep trying to game glassdoor but damn, they even have super good, free coffee.

Keep on rocking in the free world?

I guess be more proactive discussing career potential with employees, I am ambitious and did feel like I had no clear path upwards in the company.

Lots to learn, excellent exposure

Current Employee - Mechanical Design Engineer  in  Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Mechanical Design Engineer in Miami, FL

I have been working at BE Aerospace full-time for less than a year

Pros

Excellent opportunities to learn and grow

Cons

Better processes and policies will go a long way

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

good benifits

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Bohemia, NY
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Bohemia, NY

I worked at BE Aerospace full-time for more than a year

Pros

good benefits, great bosses, good working environment

Cons

long hours, lack of project vision

Long hours and no home life

Former Employee - Design Engineer  in  Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Design Engineer in Tucson, AZ

I worked at BE Aerospace full-time for more than a year

Pros

Employees are friendly and willing to help any way they can.

Cons

Working for B/E Aerospace in Tucson who will work seven days a week and most days will be at least 12 hours.
    Upper management doesn’t set realistic deadlines and don't get involved with projects until it is apparent that the deadline isn't going to be met.

Be more involved with projects from inception to completion and realize that your employees are your best asset and to make them more productive they need to have a work life balance.

Underpaid and Overworked

Former Employee - Contract Representative  in  Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Contract Representative in Miami, FL

I worked at BE Aerospace full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company is doing well. Contractors usually get hired on permanently.

Cons

Strict clock in clock out policy. Lack of trust. More work than humanly possible.

Good place to work

I have been working at BE Aerospace

Pros

Solid place to work, large publicly traded, decent benefits.

Cons

All upper level management work crazy hours, not good for the family life.

Give people the ability to work at home more.

Unfulfilling and political

I have been working at BE Aerospace full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There is some room for growth for those who stand out. The benefits are very good; 401k, educational reimbursement, health, etc.

Cons

Many employees work excessive amounts of hours during the week, some averaging 60 hrs. The compensation a lot less than expected for being in this industry. Middle management is the bottle neck of this company. There is no trust between subordinates and their superiors whatsoever. Everything is about #'s and not the quality of life of employees. Any attempts at improving the company culture have not worked due to the hypocrisy behind it.

Share the profits of this business with employees by providing decent bonuses, and company sponsored events that include all departments. Hire enough people to alleviate excessive overtime.

Terrible Top Management at B/E

Current Employee - Vice President  in  Winston-Salem, NC
    Current Employee - Vice President in Winston-Salem, NC

I have been working at BE Aerospace full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Interesting international business. Challenging business, great customer base, international presence, outperforming competition by far.

Cons

Group CEO is 10.000 miles away from operational business. Hardly visits any sites, companies, branches and above all : NEVER LISTENS to anybody. His Swiss Co CEO (...) is destroying this company. Everybody sees this except AK. Setting everything as priority number one, 15 conference calls a day, talking chaos, forgetting a lot and pushing everybody to the limits (working hours are exceptional at B/E), changing his mind on and on is creating a total mess. They are fooling Airbus and Boeing with their KPI's. Nepotism is unbelievable in this company.

AK: please listen (!) to what is happening in your company and then please exit WL.

Working for BE Aerospace in Everett, WA

Current Employee - Engineer  in  Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Everett, WA

I have been working at BE Aerospace full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent travel opportunities, developement program level general aptitude of employees is astonishing, Overtime paid for salaried employees, Financial iIncentives for program deadline completion common. Progressive office structure layout much like Microsoft (Ease of communication). Professional enviornment, free soda and snacks.

Cons

Long, loing hours required (I never dropped below 60 hrs/wk) Sr. Management turn-over is extremely high, direction from leadership very low (Employees tend to set the course, Many complaints to BE Aerospace corporate on this matter). EXTREMELY siloed work enviornment (if you need to coordinate and ensure commitments with other departments, forget it), Most development product details and subassemblies are purchased or fabricated in the Philppines. Long term employment in USA is risky. People are required to work hard. Benefits are okay, not great for the cost. Extremely antiquated software (BE Aerospace owned software is clunky and rarely interfaces with any other software).. Always required to plug holes instead of fixing problems.

Be clear about what is needed and expected..who, what, when, where and why. Chronic frustration by employees when management expectations are not met, yet unclear what was expected in the first place.

BE Aerospace Photos

BE AEROSPACE BUILDIG

+ Add Photo

Worked for BE Aerospace? Contribute to the Community!