BE Aerospace
www.beaerospace.com Wellington, FL 5000+ Employees

BE Aerospace Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2014
BE Aerospace – Kilkeel – “BE AEROSPACE BUILDIG”

BE Aerospace Chairman and CEO Amin J. Khoury

Amin J. Khoury

Pros:
  • "When I began working for B/E just a few short months ago, I couldn"
    in 7 reviews
  • "I did meet some great people while I was there and have maintained a friendship with them even after I left"
    in 4 reviews
Cons:
  • "Micro management is standard practice"
    in 7 reviews
  • "Poor communication between off-site workers and management team except when something is wrong"
    in 5 reviews

Winston-Salem, NC

ProsGenerous salaries
    Good work life balance
    Career advancement paths
    Ability to contribute to the overall success of the company

ConsBonuses only for management
    Limited roll over time off year to year
    Top heavy management
    limited ability to enter into management unless already in management when joining the company

Don't do it, run while you can

Tucson, AZ

Prosperks: none
    bonuses: none
    office culture: none
    leadership: none

ConsThere is no work-life balance. They want you working 60-65+ hrs a week. All the systems are a joke. This is a huge company using local self-made databases in Access that freeze every 20 seconds. There is no training on their procedures, everything is word of mouth. People go over procedures to get things done. I often worked 13+ hrs, or 60+hr weeks. Pay is horrible, expect a low offer.

Ready for a challenge?

ProsNever a dull moment! If you thrive on change and growth this is the place for you. In my department they strive to provide a work-life balance

ConsUnderstaffed in some areas! While work life balance is supported in my area, it's not in others. Compensation could be better

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good place to start

ProsGood company in terms of benefits and pay for the area.

ConsLack of similar companies within the industry within the geographic location.

BE Aerospace

Systems Administrator III (Current Employee)

ProsPay and Benefits are decent

ConsTo reactive strategic planning seems ineffective

Advice to Senior ManagementPLAN

Worst company I have ever worked for in 20 years of corporate experience

Supply Chain Engineering (Former Employee)
    Lenexa, KS

ProsThey do allow flex time, which is nice. If you are in with management that is.

ConsYou'll notice a lot of job ads for Lenexa division. That's because people are leaving as fast as they can. Environment is very sexist. I have advanced degree but was assigned the work of an administrative assistant, as were other women at the site. No women or minorities can get into management positions. Workload in unmanageable. There is no automation and ERP system is literally 20-30 years behind. Processes are non-existent. Employees and managers are verbally abusive and I literally had people screaming in my face. My coworker was having affair with our boss and received preferential treatment. I complained to HR but they did nothing. Run, don't walk, away from this company. They will also screw you over on raises and pay as well. You end up in a dead end job. Perhaps the other sites are ok, but I would.avoid Lenexa Life Support at all costs.

Advice to Senior ManagementEnforce harassment policies and quit letting people get away with murder. Realize how low the morale is and how everyone is leaving and get a clue.

Worst company I have ever worked for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNo pros- they work you like a dog, they don't support you, they take the easy way out. They will continue to lose their best people, a lot of unhappy people work there.

ConsThere is no support from senior management. A lot of good people were let go because they appointed an autocratic, know it all VP. This company has no morals in my opinion and I would not recommend working there to anyone.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the senior management or you are going down

Dynamic company with great growth potential

Director of Sales (Current Employee)
    Winston-Salem, NC

ProsSalary and bonus compesation is rewarding
    Lots of opportunities to advance horizontally or vertically
    Relocation is always and options if you are patience

ConsFast growth can sometimes overwhelm the group you work on and be a bit chaotic
    Bonus incentives between sites not always the same locally

Advice to Senior ManagementLook around, sometimes, to see if your employees are worn out and see if more people are needed

B/E is a great Company who compensates very well. This is what keeps people here a very long time.

ProsThey are team players. I like that they don't like "water cooler gossip" and it forces everyone to be professional and friendly whether you personally like them or not. They will accommodate most health requests, like air purifiers, heaters, and furnish hand sanitizer, free sodas, coffee, filtered water. They have a great 401k match.

ConsThe Company overall is a workaholic firm. Expect to work long hours no matter what your department. It is always manic and the accountability is heavy. There is a large turn over in accounts payable. Performance reviews are tough and include further business goals and personal goals each year to be established and conquered in addition to your workload. There is no time for chit chat and you can hear a pin drop during the day as everyone has their nose to the grindstone.

Advice to Senior ManagementBack off, have some fun and understand that B/E is not everyone's life. Some people work to live. And while B/E encourages health programs, it is ironic that most people have little time to take care of themselves.

There are no perks, no appreciation beyond the paycheck and benes. I don't think they understand what motivates people. There is little room for advancement even though it is stressed. Hire more people.

Worst job experience of my career!

Engineer (Former Employee)

ProsI did meet some great people while I was there and have maintained a friendship with them even after I left.

ConsI had a really horrible experience with the company.
    -First, I have to say that I was hired as a specific type of engineer but never saw any work related to that subject matter. Every time I found work related to my qualifications (and the position they hired me for) they would give it to an engineer of a different discipline.
    -Clear gender discrimination and favoritism. Example: Since I was of a certain gender and not a favorite, I was not given the same opportunities or chances as other team members.
    -I travelled after being at the company for 1 week. I was sent to a meeting at another site. I was there to listen and learn but my manager expected more from me.....without ever telling me what was expected, even though I asked! After that apparently he had made some negative comments about me to other management. I was then given work completely unrelated to my experience (set up to fail).
    Then I was told I was not meeting expectations, though no examples were ever given.
    -Finally, the company misuses it's resources! I can't really give specifics without getting into trouble.
    -micro management

Advice to Senior ManagementThey need to treat all of their employees with respect, communicate their expectations clearly and have more realistic expectations of their employees.

Worked for BE Aerospace? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BE Aerospace reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for BE Aerospace CEO Amin J. Khoury. All 104 reviews posted anonymously by BE Aerospace employees.