BE Aerospace Reviews

Updated October 28, 2014
Updated October 28, 2014

BE Aerospace Chairman and CEO Amin J. Khoury
Amin J. Khoury

Pros
  • In my department they strive to provide a work-life balance (in 6 reviews)

• When I began working for B/E just a few short months ago, I couldn (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • While work life balance is supported in my area, it's not in others (in 5 reviews)

• There is no support from senior management (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Over worked, under paid, false hope.

I have been working at BE Aerospace

Pros

Opportunity to be a self/starter

Cons

Politics in upper management and company in-fighting make it difficult to finish tasks. Mixed directions and being expected to read between the lines was the norm. No rewards other than false hope (lead on about) with promises of career advancement.

Stay true to your word. Don't have employees chasing false targets/goals. Have integrity in your position.

Great work life balance

Former Employee - Senior Engineer in Everett, WA
    Former Employee - Senior Engineer in Everett, WA

I worked at BE Aerospace full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great work life balance
    Laid back casual atmosphere
    Great people
    Managers that really cared about you as a person

Cons

Hectic at times, slow at others
    Some people lacked motivation
    Some resistance to change in business environment

Be visible to employees, know your customers

Rare Opportunity To Be A Part Of A Growing, Challenging Environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

I have been working at BE Aerospace full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Things happen fast in SPG Engineering, which is full of talent that thrive on challenges. This is an excellent environment for both entry level and experienced engineers that want to grow and take advantage of promotion opportunities. This is not the type of organization where you need to "put in your time" in order to grow. The right talent can quickly find opportunities for growth.

The VP/GM came up through the engineering ranks and has done a fantastic job at utilizing the talent in the organization to develop new products that have driven so much growth and making sure they are compensated well. Spot bonuses are great!

While it is a fast pace, full of high performing talent, a lot of effort is put into work/life balance. Most people average 45-50 hour weeks, with only the occasional hectic bump for big deliverables. Team building events and group outings happen regularly, contributing to a positive work environment where everyone gets along well. Surprisingly low number of egos here.

People are empowered to make decisions, and failures put the focus on shortcomings in process rather than personal mistakes (except in extreme cases).

Cons

This place has proven a bit too much for some. Leadership will put as much as they can on individuals since growth has outpaced recruiting/hiring.
    Some Senior Management tends to view quick, knee-jerk reactions as a quality that indicates decisiveness. This hasn't always resulted in good strategic decisions for the organization.

Hope the President/Co-CEO has an opportunity to focus on his passion in the energy sector with this new re-org and provide the current VP/GM to take over leadership in SPG and increase his influence in the organization.

Love this company.

Current Employee - Program Manager
    Current Employee - Program Manager

I have been working at BE Aerospace full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you are good, you have a real shot at promotions here. Managements treats you fairly. Best job I have ever had.

Cons

None that I can think of

B/E Intern Experience

Current Employee - Strategic Sourcing Intern in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Strategic Sourcing Intern in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at BE Aerospace as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

There was a great opportunity to be mentored by the management team who truly cared about the future success of the interns. Very competitive compensation.

Cons

The team was stretched rather thin as it was working through a large project plant wide, but it was simply an influx of work.

Great company

Current Employee - Purchasing Manager in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Purchasing Manager in Everett, WA

I have been working at BE Aerospace full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Entrepreneurs at hear, not risk adverse, and willing to give leaders autonomy to run their organizations. Solid compensation, and a variety of facilities to work from around the world

Cons

Could synergize a bit more within businesses as money is wasted on duplicate roles etc... Engagement within the community should be strengthened as we are leaders not only in our industry, but in life as well

Keep doing what your doing. Excellent work! Put employee development programs in place to accelerate the career paths of newer employees

Great work environment not very interesting work

Former Employee - Mechanical Design Engineer in Everett, WA
    Former Employee - Mechanical Design Engineer in Everett, WA

I worked at BE Aerospace as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The management was great. People were friendly. They are flexible with hours and pay was good.

Cons

Kinda boring. Lots of meetings. A lot of the work you have to do is just busy work with limited opportunity to be creative even as an engineer

None

Design Engineer in Winston-Salem, great place to learn and grow

Former Employee - Design Engineer in Winston-Salem, NC
    Former Employee - Design Engineer in Winston-Salem, NC

I worked at BE Aerospace full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This was my first job out of college and BE is a great place to work, management is competent, fair, encouraging. I only worked there for a year--I left for reasons unrelated to quality of the workplace.

I've worked at two other places since then and I can say that BE really has its act together. They focus well on improving technology and consequently improving your ability to work without hassle as a design engineer. They have a great Lunch and Learn program that encourages sharing of ideas and knowledge between groups.

I could drone on for paragraphs about their emphasis on all the core competencies of a good company: the Kaizen, the parallel design, well structured milestones, etc. at some point you just have to believe my assessment or not.

Cons

Winston-Salem was kind of a boring town but I tell you what... it's real easy to pick up women in that bar scene. Seriously, get a place downtown in walking distance of the nightlife and it's just mad.

Ummm... I can't think of that many cons to be perfectly frank. I realize this makes me sound like a sock-puppet HR rep trying to game glassdoor but damn, they even have super good, free coffee.

Keep on rocking in the free world?

I guess be more proactive discussing career potential with employees, I am ambitious and did feel like I had no clear path upwards in the company.

Great Company to learn and grow with

Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineering Intern in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineering Intern in Tucson, AZ

I worked at BE Aerospace as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

B/E Aerospace is a great company to learn and grow from. Their staff is very friendly. My boss allowed me to work independently without too much supervision.

Cons

I cant think of any

I enjoyed the job shadowing function of training. I just wish that there were more of a structured training program.

Lots to learn, excellent exposure

Current Employee - Mechanical Design Engineer in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Mechanical Design Engineer in Miami, FL

I have been working at BE Aerospace full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Excellent opportunities to learn and grow

Cons

Better processes and policies will go a long way

BE Aerospace Photos