www.becu.org

3.2

BECU CEO Benson Porter
Benson Porter

1 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Was once a good company, was heading in the wrong direction when I left

Former Employee - Member Consultant in Everett, WA
    Former Employee - Member Consultant in Everett, WA

I worked at BECU full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Decent benefits, decent PTO accrual.

Cons

They own you. Expected front line employees to attend these rediculous early morning quarterly meetings. This is very difficult for employees who have families. They want you to work overtime, working weekend events at least 4 times a year (at the time I left, may be more now). As it is we had to work bankers hours then requiring us to work multiple events on the weekends and outside regular business hours is not conducive to having a family

When I was hired it the job description "soft sales" (I was hired in 2007) by the time I left in late 2009 it was very sales driven. While I was successful in it, I hated every minute of it. They wanted us to push sales, loans, loan insurance on members with unrealistic goals. This is supposed to be a credit union, not a bank but it is now a bank. In the end when I decided to quit, I gave my notice before I was leaving for vacation (big mistake - I was trying to be nice and give plenty of notice). They made me quit that day since I was on vacation and stole half of my vacation time from me because I was not fully vested. If you work here, use all your PTO before you give notice, otherwise they will take it from you.

Value your employees. Stop pushing sales and focus on members needs not your own greedy ways. This company used to be good before it got so big. Go back to the old business model.

BECU Photos