BEHR (California)

Add Photos

BEHR (California) President Jeffrey D. Filley

Jeffrey D. Filley

A lot of fun

ProsGreat culture, people are really helpful, projects are challenging

ConsNot a very competitive pay package

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Nice, easy going place to work

Plant Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsYou can initiate changes and implement new methods without much resistance

ConsHome grown managers and supervisors, not technically qualified.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more qualified Maintenance managers and plant managers.

Nice and reasonable people with a needlessly bureaucratic hierarchy

Chemist (Former Employee) Santa Ana, CA

ProsMost of the people I have worked with while there have been friendly, approachable, and reasonable. This makes the day-to-day of working there nice. The people are also usually very good about teaching new people the ropes.

ConsCareer trajectory seems linear there regardless of effort or lack there of. The high turnover rate at Behr reflects that.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward your best people instead of hiring tons of people without experience. The cost and time of getting new people up to speed far out weighs how much it would take to keep people in the first place.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

excellent company,great leadership.good communication from top to bottom.best career ever.

Direct to Pro Field Representative (Former Employee) Sacramento, CA

Prosthey care about their workers,treated like family not employees.great training program.give you all the tools needed to complete tasks.excellent communication.

Consnot being near distribution center.interact with other workers face to face.seeing other operations and how they work.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the great progress and treat everyone as special.Like your doing ,outstanding leadership from top all the way through the company.

Tell recruiters the amount hourly then change it- HR not honest

Recruiter (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsVirtual position able to be home

ConsWill be on you constantly to do more sendouts, work longer hours, never satisfied no matter what you produce.

Advice to Senior ManagementBack the heck off. The recruiters are trying to send you great candidates instead of just sending anyone to the HM. Realize how hard we work

This is a great company to work for. They really seem to care about their employees and are constantly trying to improve

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Santa Ana, CA

ProsThey are a stable company that has good work life balance (depending on the department you work in). They try to cultivate a environment of learning and career advancement.

ConsThey don't pay top notch compared to some companies but there are other benefits that, in my opinion, out way this con.

Advice to Senior ManagementEase up on allowing employees to work from home occasionally and allow for more casual dress days. Otherwise, keep up the good work!

Horrible, Arrogant Leadership & No Career Growth

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Santa Ana, CA

ProsAfter three years, 100% quarterly bonus
    CEO/President is very friendly, but oblivious to how some executives run things.

ConsSlow to No Career Growth
    Arrogant Management
    Low Payscale
    No Work Life Balance
    Earned Time Off is minimal in comparison to other OC employers

Current staff is much older, and have an "old Man's club" mentality.
    They expect their staff to devote entire life to the company with nothing in return outside of a quarterly bonus.
    Management has convinced/brainwashed employees that this is one of the "best places to work in OC". They gloat about receiving that honor from the OC Register every year. The offices are old fashioned, cubicle farms where life is sucked slowly from each employee until they die, quit or submit to the Behr Lifestyle.
    Most companies give bonuses!!
    Behr boasts this wonderful place to work with great benefits prior to being hired and once you are hired and the shiny new wears off... you realize this is where careers go to die.

Advice to Senior ManagementClean house with all the older executives and look at some newer fresher ideas

Great place to work

ProsOverall the place is great to work for, the managment is lacking in many areas.

ConsFor the most part everyone tries to do the right thing. It is a great place to work.

TEMPS BEWARE!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Santa Ana, CA

ProsCompany starts off as the "diamond in the rough" when you hire in and they set the stage for what you think will be the best working experience of your life.

ConsTemp workers are given NOTHING but the dangling carrot mindset. People have been temp workers from 6 months to several years and every time you're supposed to hear about your situation and the possibility of being hired, it gets delayed or you're told your position cannot be justified financially, which is frustrating.

People are generally of an older crowd which makes it hard when it comes time to brainstorm new ideas and create new plans. They tend to go more with the, "We like your idea, but it's not traditional," response, or, "We're a conservative company, and this is not conservative enough." They are more concerned with their Power Point presentations than the actual content, which is making the company stagnate very quickly.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhy bother hiring temps into office settings only to attempt to keep them on board for months and years without offering benefits, if the company is one that allegedly is always "doing the right thing?"

Systems Administrator

Systems Administrator (Current Employee)

ProsBehr is a great place to work. They value their employees and give them the opportunity to learn new technologies if they show interest. They also value work life balance.

ConsCompensation may not be at the top compared to other large corporations but the other benefits out way that in my opinion.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour doing a great job! Thanks

Worked for BEHR (California)? Contribute to the Community!