BELFOR Group Reviews

Sheldon Yellen

1. project manager

Current Employee - Project Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at BELFOR Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great place to work love the people i work with

Cons

i have no complaints at all great company!!!!!!!

2. Estimator/Sales

I worked at BELFOR Group full-time

Pros

Great place to work! If you ever needed anything they would be glad to help you out in the office or at a Corp. level

Cons

I dont have anything bad to speak of.

3. restoration technician,water technician,basic mold technician,smoke damage

Current Employee - Labourer in Spokane, WA
    Current Employee - Labourer in Spokane, WA

I have been working at BELFOR Group (Less than a year)

Pros

Training opportunities and can't think of anything else

Cons

Waaay under paid, not compensated for certification,use your own gas,phone for work,NO raises

Advice to Management

Show us the respect and appreciation of maintaining competitive wages,say thank you once in a while

5. Sales estimator,

Current Employee - Sales Estimator in Allentown, PA
    Current Employee - Sales Estimator in Allentown, PA

I have been working at BELFOR Group

Pros

during bad weather events etc you can make well over 6 figures

Cons

to make over 6 figures you will be on call 24/7 and work 60-70 hours a week. Not much opportunityfor advancement

Advice to Management

Pay your production employees a better wage and career path so you can retain them for the long haul.

6. Desperate worker that knows better.

Current Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at BELFOR Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A shiny shirt with a corporate logo and a shiny advertisement vehicle to drive. Watching others perform manual labor while you waste away life because you have grown comfortably numb and have learned how to tell Executives what they want to hear. If you need a job bad, come here. We love to make lemonade with cheap workers. ;)

Cons

Integrity and honesty is hard to come by. The general culture of the manipulated and ignorant. For example I read a comment here on Glassdoor where an employee said, "you won't like it here if you are not pro work and have a European work ethic". Did Europeans not build a large part of America? Is there not a Belfor Europe? Some managers think taking a lunch brake is European. Against many corporations wishes slavery and servitude in Europe and later here in the USA has been abolished. African Americans built a large part of this country. I wonder what Belfor thinks of African Americans? Oh, they make up around 1% of the labor force, around 0.5% of the administrative force and around 0% of management force. Totaling around 1.5% of the workforce.

Undocumented and documented Latinos make up around 98% of the labor force. Lets conclude or allude that for now Belfor USA Group gladly accepts the Latino work ethic that builds a large part of the western and southern USA. The Belfor Latino workforce is desperate, partly undocumented (the massive labor supplied by a staffing network or labor pool), poor, and hardworking. Once we intelligently informed Latino workers predominantly assimilate and the knowledge spreads among us as it has amongst all immigrant workers (Irish, Italian, German etc. etc.) that came to the USA. Will United Latino workers who want a lunch break be labeled as having a Latino or Hispanic work ethic as if it is or has ever been anti work?

Once intelligence enters anyone's mind and spreads, they won't stay here much longer. Just like not alot of African Americans stayed to work on the cotton fields for free after slavery and indentured servitude was abolished. Learn to say NO to the greedy man, freedom has never been free in America, countless people have worked really hard for it, cherish and defend it. ;)

Advice to Management

Executive Managers stop crying and smiling like Broadway actors. It is downright insulting right after your charade, you get in one of your private transports or sit in your spacious air conditioned room. Tell the truth to insurance adjusters and don't nickel and dime them with overpriced tasks, that hurts everyone who pays for homeowners insurance. You know what I mean, charging for three laborers to put in one light bulb eight feet off the ground. We are great at setting up a large corporate infrastructure, bringing in 140 plus outsourced laborers on site daily sucking up flood water and demolishing drywall. We do not like to do reconstruction at all but may pretend to, so people, business owners and adjusters contact us.

Project Managers please do some calculating. You work 320 days a year, 10-12 hours a day, 16 hours a day for Emergency response and holidays for 75k - 100k with no overtime. We are not specialists that make 300k a year. Police officers, Nurses, Firemen, Plumbers, etc., etc. make 75k - 100k a year plus they get overtime, family time, free time and appreciation days. Being under goliaths thumb is not as good or safe as we like to think it is. As there has always been a village loser that unknowingly betrays everyone, there has always been a village greedy man that knowingly betrays us, takes from our children's mouths and backs. You can get progress with honesty, integrity and hardwork, I know, I wish I stayed where I was. Hindsight always is 20/20 hopefully I don't age here much longer. Mind over matter, Good Luck or take a Good Look.

7. Everything that glitters isn't gold

Former Employee - Project Auditor in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Project Auditor in Orlando, FL

I worked at BELFOR Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Traveling, helping people in need, and good co-workers to work with. For those without a family, it can be refreshing to work in many different places across the country (sometimes around the world). It's all made even greater because you are doing something to help families displaced due to natural disasters. Though a small portion, you work and travel with some great people who you'll build friendships with that lasts well after belfor.

Cons

Low pay, unrealistic hours, and terrible (overpriced) benefits. Expect to get paid well below market value for your skillset, while constantly being threatened with firing if you don't adhere to their unrealistic hours. Truly a "too many chiefs not enough indians" work evironment as everyone likes to think they are more important than they actually are. The greedy cry-baby Sheldon Yellen doesn't care about anyone but himself and it's evident in the non-existent raises paid to employees. There isn't a true hr dept, Management is incompetent and so far removed as to what is going on within the company. High turnover rate, you wont find many people who were with the company long term. If you do its because they worked for a company that was bought out by belfor, and they will attest that the quality of work and overall morale has deminished because of it. BOTTOMLINE: the are plenty of great restoration companies to work for, but Belfor isn't one of them. Trust me it isn't worth the stress, go elswehere and be appreciated for your efforts.

Advice to Management

Your production staff are the ones who keep this company afloat, it's about time you reward them for putting more money in your pocket

8. A lot of chiefs, not enough Indians

Former Employee - Supervisor in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Supervisor in San Diego, CA

I worked at BELFOR Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Company truck , uniforms and plenty of work.

Cons

You are a number and sometimes your number is up!

Advice to Management

Undercover boss is a joke and management is all that matters to Belfor . The lower employees are basically consumables and discarded when used up.

Unorganized non caring greedy

Former Employee - Superintendent in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Superintendent in Seattle, WA

I worked at BELFOR Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you like no appreciation and working with horrible conditions here you go

Cons

You are a tool .when you break they replace you. There is no help even from the estimate.The scope of work is always wrong.Subs are paid so little and are never paid regularly.No encouragement only belittling advice.

Advice to Management

Take care of the guys doing the work and stop counting the nickels.eventually your practices will catch up and no one will work for you

Accounts Receivable Clerk

I have been working at BELFOR Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people I worked with were really nice. The office was really a nice environment.

Cons

If you like an unreasonable work load and low pay then this is the place for you! I was hired to do the A/R but was loaded down with tons of admin duties. We had 3 people doing all the admin, office management, payroll, AP and AR - it was insane - bills always paid late, billings sent late, etc. Management's answer? Stay late...

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees! Pay needs to be much higher for everyone. You need to hire more people and pay them what they are worth. There needs to be more direction and uniformity between Corporate and area offices. Hire a professional management consultant to come in and help the GM to figure out how to get the place more effective and efficient.

11. Okay place to work

I have been working at BELFOR Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

* Upper management is open to new ideas
    * Great environment with beautiful office furniture and setting.

Cons

* No where to move up
    * Over worked with not enough staff