BELFOR Group

Updated November 22, 2014
2.2

Sheldon Yellen

Okay place to work

I have been working at BELFOR Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

* Upper management is open to new ideas
    * Great environment with beautiful office furniture and setting.

Cons

* No where to move up
    * Over worked with not enough staff

Everything that glitters isn't gold

Former Employee - Project Auditor in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Project Auditor in Orlando, FL

I worked at BELFOR Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Traveling, helping people in need, and good co-workers to work with. For those without a family, it can be refreshing to work in many different places across the country (sometimes around the world). It's all made even greater because you are doing something to help families displaced due to natural disasters. Though a small portion, you work and travel with some great people who you'll build friendships with that lasts well after belfor.

Cons

Low pay, unrealistic hours, and terrible (overpriced) benefits. Expect to get paid well below market value for your skillset, while constantly being threatened with firing if you don't adhere to their unrealistic hours. Truly a "too many chiefs not enough indians" work evironment as everyone likes to think they are more important than they actually are. The greedy cry-baby Sheldon Yellen doesn't care about anyone but himself and it's evident in the non-existent raises paid to employees. There isn't a true hr dept, Management is incompetent and so far removed as to what is going on within the company. High turnover rate, you wont find many people who were with the company long term. If you do its because they worked for a company that was bought out by belfor, and they will attest that the quality of work and overall morale has deminished because of it. BOTTOMLINE: the are plenty of great restoration companies to work for, but Belfor isn't one of them. Trust me it isn't worth the stress, go elswehere and be appreciated for your efforts.

Your production staff are the ones who keep this company afloat, it's about time you reward them for putting more money in your pocket

Unorganized non caring greedy

Former Employee - Superintendent in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Superintendent in Seattle, WA

I worked at BELFOR Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

If you like no appreciation and working with horrible conditions here you go

Cons

You are a tool .when you break they replace you. There is no help even from the estimate.The scope of work is always wrong.Subs are paid so little and are never paid regularly.No encouragement only belittling advice.

Take care of the guys doing the work and stop counting the nickels.eventually your practices will catch up and no one will work for you

A lot of chiefs, not enough Indians

Former Employee - Supervisor in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Supervisor in San Diego, CA

I worked at BELFOR Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Company truck , uniforms and plenty of work.

Cons

You are a number and sometimes your number is up!

Undercover boss is a joke and management is all that matters to Belfor . The lower employees are basically consumables and discarded when used up.

Accounts Receivable Clerk

I have been working at BELFOR Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The people I worked with were really nice. The office was really a nice environment.

Cons

If you like an unreasonable work load and low pay then this is the place for you! I was hired to do the A/R but was loaded down with tons of admin duties. We had 3 people doing all the admin, office management, payroll, AP and AR - it was insane - bills always paid late, billings sent late, etc. Management's answer? Stay late...

Invest in your employees! Pay needs to be much higher for everyone. You need to hire more people and pay them what they are worth. There needs to be more direction and uniformity between Corporate and area offices. Hire a professional management consultant to come in and help the GM to figure out how to get the place more effective and efficient.

Its a great company where hard work is appreciated and opportunities for growth exist

I have been working at BELFOR Group full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Growing companies are where you want to be if you want to learn and apply what you know.

Cons

The environment is very pro-work so if you like the European work ethic, its not going to be a good fit.

More meeting forums.

It was a great job, and I was very pleased.

Former Employee - Project Manager in Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Greenville, SC

I worked at BELFOR Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

My co-workers were great, the job was challenging which I enjoy a challenge. Received a company car and gas card. I really enjoyed the job, but with budget cuts they had to let a lot of employees go and unfortunately I was one of them.

Cons

Not many cons to the job. I really enjoyed what I did. I woke up on a daily basis looking forward to what i had to do "today".

Compensation is negotiable. With a family of four i need all the benefits that are possible. Can just about work in any work environment and very easy to get along with. Looking forward to meeting you at the interview.

Started great, went downhill.

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at BELFOR Group as a contractor (more than 10 years)

Pros

Travel, work with great people.

Cons

long hrs, underpay their employees, terrible benefits, low morale among employees, focused on profits and not the work.

Start taking care of your employees. They are the ones that got you where you are.

I had a seven year love-hate relationship with this company

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Novi, MI
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Novi, MI

I worked at BELFOR Group as a contractor (more than 5 years)

Pros

The project managers would take me out to breakfast or lunch and pay

Cons

As a contractor, you NEVER get paid on time.

Sub bid small jobs at a 30% margin and leave the profit for the contractor.

Very disappointing but not unexpected. Good to see all the negative reviews!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at BELFOR Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of good crew members and technicians but that is where it stops. Even most of the good ones lacked proper training.

Cons

I filled this space and then erased it all because I know I would not be "anonymous" and don't want to get sued. Suffice it to say that this is not a good place to work.

No advice to upper management because they are the ones who condone and approve of the unethical conduct of the local management. It all boils down to more money in their pockets.