BENTELER Group Reviews

Hubertus Benteler

1. Great place!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI

I have been working at BENTELER Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I work in a great department where my knowledge is welcomed and I am able to contribute freely. I have the best boss that is very understanding of the different challenges that our department faces. My salary is decent but I cannot speak to raises or the bonus since I have not yet been here a year. We are working on some interesting and exciting projects in the upcoming year and I am excited to be a high contributor. Most of my interactions with fellow employees have been positive. Overall, I have no real complaints and enjoy my time here thus far.

Cons

The vacation allowance is a bit dated.

Advice to Management

I have a great boss and do not have any advice for him except, "keep up the great work!" I have not had much interaction with upper management to comment except that some directors seems really open and others closed-off. The Executive Vice President is fairly new and has a motivating outlook on the business. The COO is fairly new himself, but also has a great attitude and is highly motivational.

Tough company.

I worked at BENTELER Group full-time

Pros

Strong international name and product line.

Cons

Too much over load of projects and programs. Not enough people. Turnover problems. Can't seem to fix things fast enough.

Advice to Management

Back off a bit. Everything appears to be critical.

You need us more than we need you.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Duncan, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Duncan, SC

I have been working at BENTELER Group

Pros

It's a weekly pay check.

Cons

High turn over. Very long hours. Need 3 8hrs shifts instead of 2 12 hrs. Too much favoritism in every department. Some don't get pay raises, some get 2 or more pay raises in the same year. Management doesn't have a weekly short meeting with assiocates to review the good and bad news of the week. They pick their favorites for certain jobs. Wrong team leaders on both shifts. Certain team leaders do not show enough respect to associates. Lack of good training. The list of problems with this company is just too long.

Advice to Management

Get off your butts and get on the floor. Listen to your people and not just your favorites. You need us more than we need you. Put on sone real work clothes and ppe and stand by us and help us, instead of standing around with your arms folded and complaining all the damn time.

High turnover in certain jobs. People in general do not seem satisfied with direction of company.

I have been working at BENTELER Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits compared to other companies. Human Resources is making a effort to improve them and make changes in a positive way.

Cons

People do not work well together. Most are working long hours, including management. Micro managed from German headquarters.

Advice to Management

Listen and implement improvements. Stop expecting the impossible. Empower your people to actually make improvements.

Management needs to learn how to manage

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI

I worked at BENTELER Group

Pros

None that I can think of.

Cons

Those in charge have no idea what they are doing. I have no idea how on earth they got their positions. They are afraid of those who are too smart. They don't know how to manage those who are too smart for their positions.

Advice to Management

You need to learn how to communicate with those under you, and learn what is frustrating them.

7. Nice place to work

Former Employee - Machine Operator in Galesburg, MI
    Former Employee - Machine Operator in Galesburg, MI

I worked at BENTELER Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Nice place to work. Company values employee, treats you well. Supervisors, managers treat you well. Worked here for 5 years with no complains.

Cons

It was a factory environment so lot of standing. High noise level so need to wear earplugs. Hands on work so get dirty but it was worth it.

Appreciated by colleagues

I worked at BENTELER Group

Pros

Friendly and family like environment. Open doors. Fairly seamless hierarchy within the company. Felt like everyones contribution and work was appreciated by colleagues and management.

Cons

Lack of employee training while still maintaining high expectations. Happens that you get stuck playing a guessing game of what your task at hand his.

Advice to Management

Focus on employee training and overall communication.

Account Manager

Current Employee - Account Manager in Auburn Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Auburn Hills, MI

I have been working at BENTELER Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good product line and diversity in multiple product groups.

Cons

Management leaves you on an island. You have to really fend for yourself. Director level people that have been there a while are somewhat arrogant and usually just look out for thier own well being.

Advice to Management

Engage your people. Also, several Director level managers had "office hours". Really!! Office hours. It was impossible to talk to some of them for any direction. Advice to management, fire them!

Very difficult place to work for......

Former Employee - Manager in Auburn Hills, MI
    Former Employee - Manager in Auburn Hills, MI

I worked at BENTELER Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Wages and benefits are attractive, however that is because turnover has been so high that salaries have had to been upgraded in order to keep people.

Cons

it is a matrix organization that results in departments being pitted against each other - plant managers do not report to the head of someone in the US but rather report to a group executive in South Africa. Company has not grown organically (in spite of the strong auto industry sales in the US) but rather gains have been made only by reductions, expense slashing and restructuring - it is not growing based on new business - quality problems with production mishaps are due to the lack of investment in new equipment

Advice to Management

embark on a capital expense program that will upgrade plant equipment. eliminate the constant infighting between departments

11. Could be great facility.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Goshen, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Goshen, IN

I have been working at BENTELER Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good pay, was better before double-time on Sundays and holidays was revoked. Still good benefits. Some very talented skilled tradesmen.

Cons

Poor work-life balance. Chaotic, cathartic atmosphere precludes any orderly development of planning or individual growth. Politically driven culture. Failure to address the real issues thwarting smooth production, and adoption of "flavor of the day" fixes without quantifying successful results.

Advice to Management

Will offer none since it has not been heeded in the past.

RSS Feed </> Embed