BGT Partners
www.bgtpartners.com Miami, FL 150 to 499 Employees

BGT Partners Reviews

Updated Jan 29, 2014

David Clarke

Pros:
  • "The benefits are outstanding and BGT places great value on a work/life balance"
    in 7 reviews
  • "It's a growing business that spends a lot of effort to make the employees want to come to work each day"
    in 5 reviews
Cons:
  • "Unfortunately, it has resulted in some growing pains"
    in 6 reviews
  • "great place to work or 95% retention of employees"
    in 3 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Challenging and Rewarding

I have been working at BGT Partners full-time

ProsChallenging environment working with great people. Focused on the people and the culture. Team work is encouraged and rewarded. If you are a person that doesn't like challenges or just wants a 9 to 5 job making the widget inside the widget, this place is not for you.

ConsDoes require talent and dedication. If you have those then there is nothing you cant do here.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to listen and communicate with the employees.

People are here for the family feel

I have been working at BGT Partners full-time

ProsFar less competitive internally than some of the other agencies in the South Florida area. They don't spend all day submitting to agency award shows. The company and top management legitimately care about the employees and make an effort to provide a good culture. This truly has a family feel and relaxed vibe. They constantly ask for ways to improve our employee experience through anonymous surveys, polls, and digital comment boxes that go directly to HR and management, but sadly others prefer to take cheap shots in public forums to air grievances simply because they know that management reads them.

ConsNothing above what's expected at ANY place of employment. The perceived problems here pale in comparison to those in any other South Florida agency (or corporation). I guess when you offer lemonade, there will always be someone who'll complain about it being to sour. You can't always please everyone, but at least this company tries.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone at the moment.

Easily the best company I've worked for

I have been working at BGT Partners full-time for less than a year

ProsThis is a unique place to work with a culture among the employees you'd be hard pressed to find anywhere else. It's a growing business that spends a lot of effort to make the employees want to come to work each day. With perks like beer cart Fridays, free lunches on Fridays, holiday parties, movie screenings before they are released, week-long employee appreciation events, ability to work for a month in one of the other BGT offices, casual dress, cool office space, free snacks and espressos, among many other perks, people actually do look forward to going to work while also feeling challenged and not wanting to disappoint their coworkers.
If you are fortunate enough to get a job offer to work year, don't hesitate to accept it.

ConsThere are some junior managers in need of training.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo your best to maintain this culture while we grow. It'd be a shame to become a big, boring agency.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A lot of hype, a little bit of follow through

Project Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at BGT Partners full-time for less than a year

ProsThe experience here is one of polar opposites. If you're one of the fortunate few that has a very good manager, then you will learn a lot and be nurtured. The same is true of client accounts. If you are on a good one, it can be great.

ConsThe good clients are few and far between. The big names (like GE, Sony, etc) are actually tiny clients. The bulk of the client work is on dull brands that no one has ever heard of before.

The good managers are few and far between. They used to justify the lack of qualified management by claiming it was part of being a "flat" organization, but that charade only placates people wanting coach, mentoring, and feedback for so long.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest with yourselves. BGT isn't great, but it could be if you could acknowledge your shortcomings and work together as a team to make things better. And get a new CEO.

It is fun, but the rest is missing

Developer (Former Employee)

I worked at BGT Partners full-time for more than a year

ProsThe younger coworkers are definitely a good crew. It is like working with all your bros, and who doesn't like that?

Also, the office is in a race track. Seriously. If you get bored, you can take a 15 minute break to go and bet on the horses. That is a nice release when you need to get away from staring at code all day.

ConsThere is a general lack of solid management and organization. You can tell that they are actively trying to get better, and you have to give them credit for that, but it just is not there yet. Maybe in a few years, they'll have things sorted out, but right now you're basically on your own unless you screw something up, then you have 13 managers telling you everything you did wrong.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou're on the right path, just go faster and hire more experience, professional management.

I did not like BGT

Project Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at BGT Partners full-time for more than a year

ProsIn a South Florida market with fewer and fewer digital agencies and digital agency jobs, BGT is certainly hiring a lot of people across all sorts of disciplines. It is located in Hallandale, which makes the commute super easy if you live in Aventura.

ConsSo all that hiring? It is not just because of growth. BGT fires more people than I have ever seen. It seems like every week, someone else is getting canned. In the last year I was there, they fired almost 20 people. That's more than 10% of the workforce! While some of them were predictable, other people never saw it coming. Makes it hard to ever feel secure.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire better. Work more with growth instead of simply giving up on people.

The Culture Makes BGT a top employer

I have been working at BGT Partners full-time for less than a year

ProsYou are given the opportunity to have a career, not just a job.
The culture is second to none. You feel the electricity of it from the moment you walk in the lobby. a
The most incredible people I have ever worked with.
Leadership really cares.
Standard benefits are top notch, and they have all sorts of other benefits that other companies don't even think of offering.
There is an atmosphere of camaraderie that makes you want to come to work each day.

ConsGrowing quickly and it is hard maintain BGT's unique culture, but BGT leadership is committed to it, so I don't really think this is an issue either.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you do best, creating an atmosphere where clients and employees love you.

It has set the bar for what I look for in other companies

Project Strategist (Former Employee)
Miami, FL

I worked at BGT Partners full-time for more than a year

ProsI found mentors, was given the chance to prove to myself and my team what I was capable of doing. Room for growth. An excellent work environment, fun, respectful and hard-working. You feel part of something that is growing and you grow with it. A+ in all aspects.

ConsYou need to be flexible and ready to work under stress. Projects and plans may shift from one day to the next and extra hours may be required to meet deadlines.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on inspiring, mentoring and making each person feel proud of being part of a great team and organization.

Great Company with Great Opportunities!

Hallandale Beach, FL

I have been working at BGT Partners full-time for more than a year

ProsBGT isi an awesome company to work for! BGT is a collaborative family type environment! I actually enhoy getting up and coming into work everyday!

ConsBGT is growing and experiencing many growing pains. With all the rapid growth theres a lot of change that can in turn be hard to keep up with. We are definitely becoming a fast paced agency!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work! Continue to focus on your teams growth and engage in the process to offer mentorship, guidance and training!

Incredible People, Smart Leadership, Overall Great Place To Work

Project Manager (Current Employee)
Miami, FL

I have been working at BGT Partners full-time for less than a year

Pros- Micro-management does not exist
- Leadership ALWAYS has an open door policy
- Incredible atmosphere
- Fun place to come to work everyday

Cons- some growing pains but nothing unexpected

Advice to Senior ManagementNo matter how big we get, please keep the non-big agency feel! This place is special and I want to see it stay this way for years to come!

Worked for BGT Partners? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BGT Partners reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for BGT Partners CEO David Clarke. All 54 reviews posted anonymously by BGT Partners employees.