BGT Partners Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.7
None

Pros
  • The benefits are outstanding and BGT places great value on a work/life balance (in 8 reviews)

• We work hard and play hard (great happy hours, company events (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • NO ONE knows what account managers do at BGT (in 3 reviews)

• More options for flex schedules, and remote work hours should be considered for continued emphasis on work/life balance (in 2 reviews)

1. Sorry to leave

Former Employee - Project Manager in Hallandale Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Hallandale Beach, FL

I worked at BGT Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great People
    Unique culture
    Amazing office space
    Management really tries to connect w/its employees
    9a-6p job...unheard of in this industry
    Amazing health benefits - much better than much larger, corporate companies I've worked for
    Lot of free food / random treats / drinks

Cons

The company is going through some changes transitioning from a small-sized company to large...with that comes team re-orgs, new processes and systems to learn and get used to, and lot of new people. Basically standard growing pains, but it seems like there's an end in sight and really, the growing pains are pretty normal work stuff you encounter and any company on some level. At the end of the day, this is still work, but by far the best environment I've been in compared to 5 other companies in my work history.

Advice to Management

Try to have more 1:1s with your team members...encourage them to share their fears and concerns w/o fear of consequence. Find the employees who complain the most and ask them point blank to explain what the problem is and offer some solutions. It's unfortunate that a few unhappy employees who cannot appreciate a wonderful work environment because they have nothing to compare to make it seem like this is a horrible place to work. Our CEO and management do their best to share what's going on with the company - certainly more than they need to.

Good people and average work

I have been working at BGT Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

BGT Partners (now PwC Digital) is a company with good people. From senior leadership to associate level, most people are nice peeps.

BGT is becoming a more creative agency with good recent hires from sapient. Now BGT is focusing more on delivering great creative work and less time analyzing and over engineering

The company rewards high-performers and the "inner-circle". They have a couple of superstars that you can learn from.

Being part of PwC is good, insurance, benefits, 401k, decent salaries etc. PwC also carries a lot of weight and looks good on your resume

Good work/life balance. I get in at 9.00/9.30 - leave at 6pm and rarely bring work home.

The office space is nice, artsy, modern and collab friendly

Cons

There are limited opportunities for career growth. Few people move up the ladder...

Most managers/directors have been there for a long time. That's how they got promoted. They are nice people, but they are not good leaders.

Client retention is bad. Most only stick around for one project and leave because they are unhappy with the work.

There’s no accountability. When projects go wrong (client exit) senior management ignores underlying issues and quickly moves on to the next one.

You can never work from home. NEVER.

A lot of people are idle. I think this is because of the acquisition, but it’s weird and some people are anxious.

BGT is an average digital agency. They do basic web stuff but tells everyone that they are an innovation company. Sapient and razorfish are stronger

NO ONE knows what account managers do at BGT. Also, most PMs are clueless paper pushers.

Projects go over budget. All the time. Departments (design, dev, ux etc) don’t work well together and projects take too long to deliver.

Coming from an agency background, being part of PwC is weird. They force you to watch annoying compliance videos, do a lot of mandatory training, and they are so corporate. Takes time to get used to.

Advice to Management

read my pros/cons??

Downhill

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hallandale, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hallandale, FL

I worked at BGT Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are still some talented people working there. However, most have left looking for a place where management has a clue of how to manage a digital technology company.

Cons

It is only a matter of time before PWC realizes the levels of ineptitude present at BGT. Extreme disorganization and rampant mediocrity abound in most of the upper management employees coming from before the PWC acquisition. Real talent and expertise is rare at BGT at the moment, as proven by all the high profile clients that ran for the exit after 1 or 2 small projects. I predict many more employees leaving at the end of this year. No one is happy. No one cares. I know it for a fact. Good employees will continue to abandon ship at the same or higher rate than in the past.

Advice to Management

There is an imperative need to root out the clueless directors and management employees that have lingered for years without any accountability. PWC truly is a powerhouse with a long tradition of innovation and excellence. BGT stopped being a good digital agency years before the acquisition. Drastic management house-cleaning is imperative, starting from the top down.

BGT has potential if upper management would get its act together

Current Employee - Program Manager
    Current Employee - Program Manager

I have been working at BGT Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Beer cart Fridays and group activities. The opportunity to learn other aspects of the business.

Cons

Management was clueless. They would make outrageous proposals to clients then make the staff work late just so they could meet an unrealistic schedule. Management would steal all the glory from the people who actually did the work.

Advice to Management

Get your act together. Stop changing the rules and stick to one set of ideals. Set realistic deadlines and give the people who do the actual work credit.

Great Learning Experience, Smart People, Lacking in Loyality/Dedication Recognition

I worked at BGT Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great agency environment, complete with beer cart Fridays, happy hours, bagel tuesdays, etc.
    Incredibly smart people (for the most part) who are young and open to sharing knowledge
    Lots of opportunity to learn and grow

Cons

Does not (did not) reward loyalty, dedication, long hours
    Positive work/life balance is only appearance / skin-deep
    Uses "agency" environment (free food) to reward - growth should go deeper than that
    Anti-certification beyond what's immediately necessary

Advice to Management

Better reward your employees that work hard and well for you. You've lost many of your best already, and with the PWC buy-out, you'll only lose more unless you give people what they need - the motivation to dedicate even more. That comes from personal recognition, promotions, autonomy, salary increases. If you don't do this, you'll continue to get young inexperienced people who once they learn, leave BGT once they realize the lack of room for true growth. Growth should not be limited to the 10 people that have been around for 10+ years... it should be open to ANYone who can show the capacity to improve the company, are loyal and dedicated, and prove those things.

Appearance ain't everything

I worked at BGT Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits, colleagues, atmosphere, office, location

Cons

Clueless Upper Management, Career Path

Advice to Management

Provide employees with a clear growth Path

Not a Great place to work

Former Employee - Business Development in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Business Development in Chicago, IL

I worked at BGT Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lunch is provided every Friday and there is one happy hour a month.

Cons

Employees have desktops instead of laptops and are expecting to always work from the office. Some good customers. The under cut competitive software partners to favor the one that provides kick-backs

Advice to Management

Hire some smart people and provide better benefits no need to be so cheap

BGT claims to train and love their employees..."

Current Employee - Project Manager in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Miami, FL

I have been working at BGT Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of activities, beer cart, house mom, food everywhere, smart people, the best Italian coffee maker ever

Cons

BGT management just doesn't pull through when it comes to setting all employees up for success and training as they say they do. They are constantly in flux, their process is never so solid, and despite having a 'don't be a douche bag' philosophy, plenty of management follows the lead on it and support it. It's all rainbows and glitter at first, but the turnover rate is ridiculous, the company is running too lean, and if you are way in over your head in work, don't think that they'll do anything to alleviate it the situation. Just do yourself and your career a favor and just look elsewhere.

Advice to Management

If you say you care about your employees and preach about it as the company's motto....then follow the yellow brick road.

BEST PLACE TO WORK

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I have been working at BGT Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am fairly new to BGT and have been with the company for just a few months now. My first impression was that there couldn't be a better agency to work for. Months later I still feel that way, as my coworkers are all extremely talented, the culture is nothing short of awesomeness (collaborative, fun, great mix of people, caring) and I learn something new every day. I feel like I am part of a family not a business, where everyone I work with is always willing to give me a helping hand when needed. We work hard and play hard (great happy hours, company events…even Yoga in the office) and from my observation and feedback from clients and colleagues, we deliver quality work on time and exceed expectations. I can see myself making a long-term career working for BGT, as they have given me the tools needed to grow and learn.

Cons

Just like with any growing company there are minor hiccups and bumps in the road, but it seems like they are always proactive about solving for things before they turn into major issues. They even have an internal system to voice your concerns, ideas and complaints. The CEO and executives review these anonymous posts and get back to you with feedback and offer solutions right away. There are days where some people stay late and even come in on a weekend, but there seems to be a really good balance so that you can enjoy your personal life and not get overwhelmed with work.

Advice to Management

Please continue to provide us with feedback on performance and the tools to learn about other areas of the business. I really enjoy having the ability to cross-train and see how people in the UX and analytics departments operate.

A Great Place to Work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hallandale Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hallandale Beach, FL

I have been working at BGT Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The environment at BGT is positive and energetic! I appreciate the work like balance and the kid friendly environment. I actually enjoy coming to work because my efforts are recognized and appreciated.

Cons

I don't think employees really value all the extra perks. It seems like the more BGT offers the more the employees complain.

Advice to Management

Continue to maintain the corporate vision and goals. Don't lose the direction because of negative feedback.

RSS Feed </> Embed