BGT Partners Reviews

Updated May 21, 2014
Updated May 21, 2014

3.7

None

Pros
  • The benefits are outstanding and BGT places great value on a work/life balance (in 8 reviews)

• It's a growing business that spends a lot of effort to make the employees want to come to work each day (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Unfortunately, it has resulted in some growing pains (in 6 reviews)

• great place to work or 95% retention of employees (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

A fast growing shop with a unique culture

Current Employee - Senior Strategist  in  Hallandale Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Strategist in Hallandale Beach, FL

I have been working at BGT Partners full-time for less than a year

Pros

BGT Partners has a very unique culture for an agency. The CEO is passionately committed to the overall happiness and development of his people. This is apparent from the funky design of the office (street art covered walls and toys everywhere) to the full-time kitchen aid that spoils BGT'ers daily with home made snacks, Cuban coffee and a Friday beer cart. More importantly, as the company grows rapidly, personal happiness and job fulfillment have become a central part of their growth strategy. They listen to the employees and make changes to policies based on the team's feedback.

Cons

There are growing pains, but there's an opportunity to make your mark in the shape of the company because of it, which is exciting. They're finicky with hours (it is an agency after all) but sometimes this hyper focus on hours can make creative people feel like they have to constantly be working on a deliverable or they're going to get in trouble. Time for reading, writing, brainstorming outside of a specific client deliverable and having internal discussions about issues and trends in the industry are not as common as I've seen in other agencies. There are weaknesses around brainstorming.

Keep doing what your doing. I think the agency is moving in a positive direction and is ripe for even more growth. I think there's an opportunity for BGT to get out of their comfort zone and expand their offerings further within emerging digital spaces.

"It's a place to make a lifelong career at" says one of the fake reviews below.

Former Employee - Management  in  Hallandale, FL
    Former Employee - Management in Hallandale, FL

I worked at BGT Partners full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There is a handful of great and talented people working here. Unfortunately, they all want to leave.

Cons

With growth; bureaucracy, redundancy and simple inefficiency have come as well. This is not the same company it was 3 years ago.

Frustrated, talented people are leaving every month. Every time a negative review appears on one of these sites, 25 fake positive ones are written by the BGT pr office. Ive seen it done, in person.

There seems to be no logic to how the place is run, and the results show. Because of poorly done work, the company has lost great opportunities with huge clients such as Walmart, GE and many others.

The company is going downhill. It's a fact.

Use your head and remember that you need to be great to inspire great people, in order to do great work.

People are here for the family feel

I have been working at BGT Partners full-time

Pros

Far less competitive internally than some of the other agencies in the South Florida area. They don't spend all day submitting to agency award shows. The company and top management legitimately care about the employees and make an effort to provide a good culture. This truly has a family feel and relaxed vibe. They constantly ask for ways to improve our employee experience through anonymous surveys, polls, and digital comment boxes that go directly to HR and management, but sadly others prefer to take cheap shots in public forums to air grievances simply because they know that management reads them.

Cons

Nothing above what's expected at ANY place of employment. The perceived problems here pale in comparison to those in any other South Florida agency (or corporation). I guess when you offer lemonade, there will always be someone who'll complain about it being to sour. You can't always please everyone, but at least this company tries.

None at the moment.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Easily the best company I've worked for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Hallandale Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hallandale Beach, FL

I have been working at BGT Partners full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is a unique place to work with a culture among the employees you'd be hard pressed to find anywhere else. It's a growing business that spends a lot of effort to make the employees want to come to work each day. With perks like beer cart Fridays, free lunches on Fridays, holiday parties, movie screenings before they are released, week-long employee appreciation events, ability to work for a month in one of the other BGT offices, casual dress, cool office space, free snacks and espressos, among many other perks, people actually do look forward to going to work while also feeling challenged and not wanting to disappoint their coworkers.
    If you are fortunate enough to get a job offer to work year, don't hesitate to accept it.

Cons

There are some junior managers in need of training.

Do your best to maintain this culture while we grow. It'd be a shame to become a big, boring agency.

Challenging and Rewarding

I have been working at BGT Partners full-time

Pros

Challenging environment working with great people. Focused on the people and the culture. Team work is encouraged and rewarded. If you are a person that doesn't like challenges or just wants a 9 to 5 job making the widget inside the widget, this place is not for you.

Cons

Does require talent and dedication. If you have those then there is nothing you cant do here.

Continue to listen and communicate with the employees.

A lot of hype, a little bit of follow through

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Hallandale Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Hallandale Beach, FL

I have been working at BGT Partners full-time for less than a year

Pros

The experience here is one of polar opposites. If you're one of the fortunate few that has a very good manager, then you will learn a lot and be nurtured. The same is true of client accounts. If you are on a good one, it can be great.

Cons

The good clients are few and far between. The big names (like GE, Sony, etc) are actually tiny clients. The bulk of the client work is on dull brands that no one has ever heard of before.

The good managers are few and far between. They used to justify the lack of qualified management by claiming it was part of being a "flat" organization, but that charade only placates people wanting coach, mentoring, and feedback for so long.

Be honest with yourselves. BGT isn't great, but it could be if you could acknowledge your shortcomings and work together as a team to make things better. And get a new CEO.

It is fun, but the rest is missing

Former Employee - Developer  in  Hallandale Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Developer in Hallandale Beach, FL

I worked at BGT Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros

The younger coworkers are definitely a good crew. It is like working with all your bros, and who doesn't like that?

Also, the office is in a race track. Seriously. If you get bored, you can take a 15 minute break to go and bet on the horses. That is a nice release when you need to get away from staring at code all day.

Cons

There is a general lack of solid management and organization. You can tell that they are actively trying to get better, and you have to give them credit for that, but it just is not there yet. Maybe in a few years, they'll have things sorted out, but right now you're basically on your own unless you screw something up, then you have 13 managers telling you everything you did wrong.

You're on the right path, just go faster and hire more experience, professional management.

I did not like BGT

Former Employee - Project Manager  in  Hallandale Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Hallandale Beach, FL

I worked at BGT Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros

In a South Florida market with fewer and fewer digital agencies and digital agency jobs, BGT is certainly hiring a lot of people across all sorts of disciplines. It is located in Hallandale, which makes the commute super easy if you live in Aventura.

Cons

So all that hiring? It is not just because of growth. BGT fires more people than I have ever seen. It seems like every week, someone else is getting canned. In the last year I was there, they fired almost 20 people. That's more than 10% of the workforce! While some of them were predictable, other people never saw it coming. Makes it hard to ever feel secure.

Hire better. Work more with growth instead of simply giving up on people.

The Culture Makes BGT a top employer

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Hallandale Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hallandale Beach, FL

I have been working at BGT Partners full-time for less than a year

Pros

You are given the opportunity to have a career, not just a job.
    The culture is second to none. You feel the electricity of it from the moment you walk in the lobby. a
    The most incredible people I have ever worked with.
    Leadership really cares.
    Standard benefits are top notch, and they have all sorts of other benefits that other companies don't even think of offering.
    There is an atmosphere of camaraderie that makes you want to come to work each day.

Cons

Growing quickly and it is hard maintain BGT's unique culture, but BGT leadership is committed to it, so I don't really think this is an issue either.

Keep doing what you do best, creating an atmosphere where clients and employees love you.

It has set the bar for what I look for in other companies

Former Employee - Project Strategist  in  Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Project Strategist in Miami, FL

I worked at BGT Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros

I found mentors, was given the chance to prove to myself and my team what I was capable of doing. Room for growth. An excellent work environment, fun, respectful and hard-working. You feel part of something that is growing and you grow with it. A+ in all aspects.

Cons

You need to be flexible and ready to work under stress. Projects and plans may shift from one day to the next and extra hours may be required to meet deadlines.

Keep on inspiring, mentoring and making each person feel proud of being part of a great team and organization.

Worked for BGT Partners? Contribute to the Community!