BHGRE Metro Brokers

Updated November 17, 2014
Updated November 17, 2014
3.6

Kevin Levent

The best Real Estate Company to Work for. Tons of Training & Support from Home Office

Former Employee - Realtor in Roswell, GA
    Former Employee - Realtor in Roswell, GA

I worked at BHGRE Metro Brokers full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

For anyone thinking of entering Real Estate, BHGRE Metro Brokers will assist from the beginning. Quik and easy Pre-License training helped me ace the GA Real Estate License test on the first try. The Post-License training gives you all the tools to get started, and having access to all 22 metro area offices allowed me to do business and meet clients wherever they wanted to look in the Metro Atlanta area. Plus the office managers (in field) and the Home Office support at Glenridge is top -notch. There are so many Continuing Ed opportunities (free ) to keep your business going, and all of the agents I worked with would actually take the time to HELP YOU. The mood of the company is very positive and motivating. They really want you to succeed whether you are a new agent, or seasoned and want to grow your business. Plus you are not limited to just residential real estate. They have a Commercial division, Elegant Homes division, and New Homes division if you opt to specialize in other areas. Happily worked as a Residential Real Estate agent for 9 years and would never go anywhere else. Plus the best splits in the business. Agents have low monthly fees, and do not pay the annual cap unless they are closing. Fees come out when you close, so you don't have a high initial investment and you aren't paying Broker fees if you are not closing.

Cons

None with the company. Real Estate in general took a dip during the 2007/2008 mortgage crash, and many other firms closed their doors. BHGRE MetroBrokers did manage to make it thru the lean times, and now business is back up and booming. For a new agent, it may be tougher to make enough commission to do this full time. I eventually left when I couldn't make enough part time while being a stay at home mom. Although now I'm told the agents still there are doing a lot more business.

Management is top notch. Positive and always values serving the Internal customer. Loved the fact that the home office team and office managers all worked from the same philosophy. They are only successful if their agents are successful. Everything they do is to support the agents in the field. I only wish other companies put so much time, effort into the employee services, training, and motivation as this company does. I always refer people to pick BHGRE Metro Brokers when they are thinking of becoming real estate agents.

Ridiculous

I have been working at BHGRE Metro Brokers

Pros

Not many that I can think of

Cons

No structure, no quarterly reviews, no opportunity to move up the ladder

Go to management training

Supportive, fantastic company

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at BHGRE Metro Brokers as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

The support from Management is fantastic. Plenty of up-to-date tools to maintain client satisfaction, modern contract writing, easy access to office staff, and always available new training.

Cons

Challenges only related to current real estate market trends.

Sales

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at BHGRE Metro Brokers

Pros

Great training. Smart People lot of offices. Close to all areas.

Cons

Cost to much for dues. Took out to much. Could not do BP without giving them 20%

This is an amazing company with a lot of agent support. Brokers are easily reachable for all questions.

Former Employee - Realtor in Atlanta, GA

I worked at BHGRE Metro Brokers full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Broker support and continuing education. You can use all 26 offices!

Cons

No real cons, I had a wonderful experience.

Wonderful Company

Current Employee - Realtor
    Current Employee - Realtor

I have been working at BHGRE Metro Brokers full-time

Pros

Lot's of continuing ed and training

Cons

None that I can think of

none

Lots of company support

Current Employee - Real Estate Agent in Buford, GA
    Current Employee - Real Estate Agent in Buford, GA

I have been working at BHGRE Metro Brokers as a contractor (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good company to work for with offices all over this city.

Cons

Office fees are too high for part time agents

nice people

Current Employee - Real Estate Agent in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Real Estate Agent in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at BHGRE Metro Brokers as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

there are a lot of nice people

Cons

it is very unpredictable and stressful

be more hands on and practical.

Fees, Fees and More Fees

Former Employee - Realtor in Atlanta, GA

I worked at BHGRE Metro Brokers as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Some Free Training
    Great Broker Support
    Polite and Courteous Call Center Answering with transfers to your cell phone
    "Free Marketing Kit to Start"
    Various Office Locations with Secure 24/7 entry
    Various groups to join, if you're accepted.

Cons

There are fees on top of fees. Royalty Fees before you get your commission.

30 days advance notice to transfer. You may transfer sooner however you will still be billed for the 30 days and if not paid it will be placed on your credit report.

Calls for your listings are given to other agents if you don't answer your calls from the call center, if you miss a call from the call center you won't know who calls if they don't leave a message

If you leave before a year you will be billed for the free marketing materials provided. Read all of the small print in the contracts you are signing upon connecting.

After being their several months I finally met the owner at a office meeting. He seemed uninterested to know who I was. I gave him the benefit of the doubt. He was the same on other encounters.

Ensure what you're told upon interview is in writing. Once you've signed you're stuck to whatever is in their contract.

The groups you join to get referrals have additional fees you pay for getting that referral. In todays economy and with properties selling as low as they are your commission can amount to working for FREE.

The owner has financial interst (gain) in many of the subscriptions he gives. Also tried to destroy another company who was taking less from their agents.

Show care for your agents by lowering your splts. Also be more personable. Have a welcome meeting for joining agents monthly or quarterly and get to know the agents.

I had a very positive experience working at this company!

I worked at BHGRE Metro Brokers

Pros

The best reason to work at BHGRE is the fact that they have a really big market share in Atlanta. In addition to this, they have over 20 offices that are all over metro Atlanta that any Realtor with the company can access.

Cons

You have to pay $80 per month and $400 a year in professional dues.

Being that the economy is so bad, I think the leadership should try to get some of the professional fees lowered.