BLAZE PR Reviews

Pros/ Cons

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at BLAZE PR as an intern

Pros

If you step up and do what is asked of you well, they will give you a lot of responsibility. I left my internship feeling ready for an entry level PR job-- in a few short months I went from knowing nothing about maintaining client relationships to having a solid knowledge base and some solid media contacts.

Cons

The clients aren't that exciting. If you're looking for a "cool LA internship" where you get to go to help run exciting events and meet celebrities this probably isn't for you. Also, I've heard they let a lot of their account managers go which is a shame-- they were great mentors.

Advice to Management

I really don't have anything bad to say about their management skills-- everyone in upper management went out of their way to be nice to me even though I was an intern. They listened to what I had to say and even took my advice on several occasions.

2. Great learning experience

I worked at BLAZE PR full-time

Pros

Clients that fit my lifestyle and fun environment. Team approach, good learnings and ability to be creative. Travel to Santa Barbara office was great and Santa Monica location was ideal.

Cons

Not enough national travel. Wearing to many hats.

Advice to Management

Keep growing new clients.

AMAZING exposure as an intern!

Former Intern - Intern in Santa Monica, CA
    Former Intern - Intern in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at BLAZE PR as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Interns are exposed to really amazing opportunities and are given meaningful work. You learn a lot and if you ask for it, can receive amazing mentorship from the team. Chelsea was an amazing intern supervisor and gave great feedback and interesting and exciting work.

Cons

Very small agency--means that a lot of work falls on you as an intern. You do not receive a ton of training initially, which can make this very stressful.

Interns are not paid very much--they are doing the work that a coordinator or AAE would be doing in a large agency but are paid a stipend.

BLAZE PR Response

Apr 24, 2015VP of Operations

Thank you for your input, Blaze is always looking for ways to improve and the feedback is important to our development as an agency. We view our interns as part of the team, and recognize that in ... More

5. Media Relations Intern

I worked at BLAZE PR

Pros

Great learning experience. Had the ability to staff many events. Made great connections with local and regional media and ended up with several pieces of coverage.

Cons

The working environment was very dull.

BLAZE PR Response

Apr 24, 2015VP of Operations

First, we want to thank you for taking time to provide feedback. We truly value our interns and much like our staff, our interns help shape company culture during their time with us, despite only ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed