BLJC

Updated Jun 30, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Gord Hicks

Excellent place to work at...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLittle red tape. Little red tape

ConsWork life balance not as good.

frustrating

CAD CAFM TECH (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

Prosgood benefits, flex hours, work from home, fun socials

Consthe management stifles growth, a few prima donna's

Advice to Senior ManagementListen and be fair

Very disrespectful

ProsClients are great to work for

ConsNeed to hire people with applicable background

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to educate upper management

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Former Employee

Coordinator (Former Employee) Markham, ON (Canada)

ProsThey do a good job of mentoring you if you are starting you career. However, this doesn't apply to all departments.

ConsThe pay is well below average. The senior management team could be very cold and arrogant. They pass you in the hall way or even see you at events and ignore you. Unless you've got a top job, you can be made to feel very inferior.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be good idea to share profits with all the employees via salary increases. Really need to value and pay employees fairly...

Not Recommended

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Markham, ON (Canada)

ProsGood benefit package if you have a family,Salary is comparable to what you will get doing the same job in the rest of the FM industry

ConsWork environment in HQ is horrible, it’s an open office and it is packed. No room to take a private call at all, you need to walk out of the entire building if you need any privacy. Many long-time employees who are not qualified for what they are doing…Generally fairly low tech across the entire company. Some top management people could be very arrogant. For example, if you meet some of them in the corridor, don’t expect they would say "hi" or smile back to you. Very political environment in HQ, you have to be careful what you are saying even in the washroom. Recommend wearing a formal outfit every day,

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat well performing and qualified employees with more respect and be less hesitant to deal with those who are not qualified.

Nice team, but too many bullies in senior management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSome really nice people in head office and on site. Good parties. Pays their employees well. Free fruit, bread and cakes.

ConsNo work-life balance, and you'll be chastised for not getting work done when you are working 24/7. Lots of bullies in senior management who go unpunished and more the to the point, rewarded.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the arseholes and hire enough people to do the work.

It is what i expected to be...

ProsThe company has good benefits and offers various opportunities to grow further in your career.

ConsI don't like the schedule or the cafeteria. There isn't a place for people to connect.

Excellent environment and employees.

Tech III (Current Employee) Markham, ON (Canada)

Pros- highly value your safety and well-being
    - potential to move up in the company
    - good benefits

Cons- the pay is reasonable but on the low side.

Great work life balance.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Markham, ON (Canada)

ProsWork from home option, company helps you with career development, and generally a great company to work for. They are also environmentally conscious which is a plus!

ConsSalaries are lower than industry standards, from my experience. Difficult to move from one department to the next. Lack of rewards and incentives.

Good Company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Vancouver, BC (Canada)

ProsDue to the nature of the company most people work at home, which allows for a great work life balance. Great benefits package, good overall compensation. Interesting work.
    Big push for a safe work culture, strong focus on corporate social responsibility, one of the best companies for green initiatives.

ConsThe HQ is in Ontario.. making this a very Ontario-centric organization. Sometimes the senior management has a knee jerk reaction to things.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember the organization spans the whole country not just Toronto! Having a strong safety culture doesn't mean there are never going to be accidents... sometimes it just happens.. don't have a knee jerk reaction adn punish your managers for it.

Worked for BLJC? Contribute to the Community!