BMC Software

BMC Software Reviews

Updated Apr 18, 2014

BMC Software Chairman and CEO Bob Beauchamp

Bob Beauchamp

Pros:
  • "Good benefits and work environment allows for appropriate work/life balance most of the time"
    in 35 reviews
  • "Work from home facility is available" Good food is available at canteen"
    in 20 reviews
Cons:
  • "Work Life balance was a problem to some folks"
    in 7 reviews
  • "Some groups are run like family business - senior Management is not aware of reality on the ground"
    in 10 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Inside Sales

Senior Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee)
Raleigh, NC

I worked at BMC Software full-time for more than 3 years

Prosexcellent product... excellent vision of future industry needs...

Consextremely high turn around in sales management. Job expectations are sometimes hard to follow and manage.

Current employee, am enjoying my time here.

Platform Systems Administrator (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

I have been working at BMC Software full-time for more than 5 years

ProsColleagues are professional, courteous, and intelligent.

Home/office life is well balanced.

I personally work from home 3 out of 5 days every week.

ConsAmong others, the workload is a big challenge. Projects are often delayed due to time/money constraints.

In the last five years, there have been at least five reorgs. Lots of movement consolidating managers under directors, etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementI couldn't ask for more from my current management team.

Keep up the hard work and develop strong relationships.

Outstanding Company - Exceeding my expectations!

Enterprise Sales (Current Employee)
Winnersh, England (UK)

I have been working at BMC Software full-time for less than a year

ProsThe Sales Culture is World-Class! BMC UK Sales is backed by an amazing Sales process and super talented colleagues. The guys in the UK really care about their work and know what they're talking about. I know I've joined a winning team - they're leaps ahead of other sales guys I've worked with in other firms. Certainly work hard but have fun doing it.

Although, I've been thrown in the deep end, I've had some great training and support to make the most of. They've given me a realistic quota, some great clients to work with and enough freedom to get on with it. I have learnt so much in such a short period of time.

The products are well thought of on the market, as is the BMC brand/reputation. Although there are the odd disgruntled customers to convert, generally speaking the C-level stakeholders are keen to hear from BMC.

I'm excited to hear how the VC owners are going to shape the new FY.

ConsThere is a huge amount to learn. Unless you're a pro-active and driven/hungry individual that wants to make a difference, you'd find it hard fitting in.

We could do with some more marketing support for the UK but I guess that's the same at every company..

The interview process was pretty brutal but it's given me the reality around the challenge and opportunity in front of me.

The accelerators although very generous can be complicated to calculate.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake communication to the business more regular.

Great place to work

Account Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at BMC Software full-time for less than a year

ProsThe best reasons to work for BMC from a selling perspective is to develop your sales skills and make money. You have a lot of freedom to how you run day to day business with great coaching and guidance from sales management. The people at BMC are great to work with, driven, focused and highly motivated.

Short summary would be: earn, learn and have fun.

ConsNot enough investments in marketing to get the BMC message out to our customers

Advice to Senior ManagementTop management should prioritise more resources to marketing to bring more awarness to the market of what BMC could do for our customers.

Great Experiance

Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee)
Houston, TX

I worked at BMC Software part-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat People. Good working environment. Loved working with them.

ConsSometimes hard to communicate with upper management and getting pulled in too many directions.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to communicate more with the lower people who are doing a very good portion of the brunt work. It's always nice to get an affirmation of good work or just a thanks.

Awesome people, great benefits, challenging, but overall a good place to be.

Senior Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at BMC Software full-time for more than 8 years

ProsBest industry training opportunity you will ever have as sales professional. Work Hard Play Hard mentality which is great. Focused and challenging your skills every day to get the job done, its not easy but who wants easy?

ConsLast year has been challenging with internal change and going private with new owner. Messaging has been consistent but cloudy. Wait and see the plan is not enough to retain the top talent makes it hard on the rest of the team.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior Vp's and C level exec's need to get out and visit the people in the field. Stop the email communication, video chats etc. Jump on a plane and go talk face to face with the people who make your company tick. You can deliver the same BS line you do in the video, "Wait and see", but at least show you have the stones to stand up in front of us so we can look you in the eye and decide if we want to continue working for you or not.

Great company, wonderful people

I have been working at BMC Software for more than 3 years

ProsOpportunity to work with a sense of purpose
Great colleagues, I share excellent camaraderie with my colleagues
Good quality work & great leadership team

ConsThere have been frequent changes in the last few years, however given that the global economy is in a state of flux, I would have been surprised if those changes were not happening.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou guys rock.

very good experience over the time

Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee)
Paris (France)

I have been working at BMC Software full-time for more than 10 years

Prosbenefit, balance between work and life

Consno real downside to this job

The best place to work for in Pune!

Senior Consultant (Current Employee)
Pune (India)

I have been working at BMC Software full-time for more than 3 years

ProsExcellent People Practices. Very high bar on recruitment - the best & capable are hired here.
Respect for individuals across experience ranges.

Very efficient and forward looking leadership team.

Excellent range of technology & products

Several Meaningful initiatives are being run here. A lot of CSR and employee engaging activities are done periodically. One wouldn't want to quit this company - high performing people find their space to innovate and use their full potential.

ConsCommunication & Collaboration between teams can improve

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on what's going well - and everything else should fall in place. Mid-level managers should sharpen their skills.

BMC Software provides excellent products, training, growth and financial opportunity, people and culture.

Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at BMC Software full-time for more than 8 years

ProsCompany stability and presence in market, excellent leadership and growth opportunities, team culture

Consinternal process inefficiencies, information not disseminated effectively

Worked for BMC Software? Contribute to the Community!

BMC Software Videos

BMC Software – Why Work for Us?

Are you motivated and inspired by innovation? Are you ready to join a company that puts technology at the forefront of business transformation? If so, you’re the kind of person we’re looking for. Being an Innovation… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BMC Software reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for BMC Software CEO Bob Beauchamp. All 402 reviews posted anonymously by BMC Software employees.