BMC Software

BMC Software Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

BMC Software Chairman and CEO Bob Beauchamp

Bob Beauchamp

Pros
  • Good benefits and work environment allows for appropriate work/life balance most of the time(in 42 reviews)

• Work from home facility is available" Good food is available at canteen(in 25 reviews)

Cons
  • Bad work life balance as per my personal experience but apary from it all good :)(in 12 reviews)

• Some groups are run like family business - senior Management is not aware of reality on the ground(in 10 reviews)

Fantastic career possibilities and great training

Account Manager (Sales) (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsGreat career progression opportunities (last 4 years have been fantastic in terms of progression for me) - long may it continue!

Excellent coaching and open learning culture with the organisation with fantastic support from the business as well as sales management

Products are good - very competitive and lots of innovation taking place with the new organisational alignment.

Great start-up mentality at the moment with the move to a private company.

Life changing earning potential - I think BMC have to one of the, if not the best payers in the business.

ConsNo major cons.

Hours can be long - but then this is largely self inflicted - I'm in sales right? :-)

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up!

Hard-working, rewarding culture and great technology

Sales (Current Employee) Winnersh, England (UK)

ProsReally bright people. Lots of training and mentoring. Management genuinely cares about employees' success. Customers very positive towards the company, probably down to high focus on ensuring customers actually achieve the benefits BMC promises.

ConsWhen a deal is happening working hours can be long. Regular multi-day training requires either long days after the training to handle customer actions, or good planning.

The Most Productive and Intelligent Sales Force I Have Ever Worked Within

Territory Account Manager (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsPowerful top to bottom messaging that resonates through every employee.
    Great Personal growth opportunity due to a fantastic level of maturity within the internal community and business.
    Huge lessons in true process and technique with amazing results.
    Great Product lines to compliment great work ethics = outstanding results.
    Great facilities and support throughout the business.
    Great Benefits and rewards schemes.

ConsFast paced no time for slacking

Advice to Senior Managementnone to give

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A great place to be

Specialist (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsGreat local and national sales leadership. Great future vision. Renewal of customer focus now with the company going private behind them.

ConsNone company is great. Only the best will get better

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing

Awesome people, decent benefits

Senior Manager (Former Employee)

ProsStart with 3 weeks time-off which increases with time in the company. Compensation is amongst the top 25% in the industry but you have to negotiate and get it

ConsHealth benefits are getting poorer. With the company going private, they have not replaced the ESPP with an equivalent benefit

Great people, Professional Environment and great place to work

Senior Pre-Sales (Current Employee) Winnersh, England (UK)

ProsReally interesting job with a wide array of industry leading software to work with. Constantly innovating to maintain dominance in multiple markets.

A great, A player, team of people to work with in a comfortable yet challenging environment – a very fine balance that is perfect for ambitious individuals.

Energetic environment where employees are well rewarded.

ConsNone that I can think of.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing

Its great

Collections Specialist (Current Employee) Pune (India)

ProsEmployee care, benefits and satisfaction

ConsNothing has been found so far

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing, everything is just great

Great corporate culture and ethics.

Senior Software Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsNew owners seem committed to long-term investment/growth.
    Great work-life balance. Flexible hours and time off.
    Excellent remuneration.
    Good professional development opportunities.

ConsDecisions can be very USA-centric; sometimes results in square pegs being forced into round holes in other regions.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to refresh our value and messaging around business service management; the transition to product pillars appears to promote competition rather than cooperation.

Have enjoyed being part of this company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Pune (India)

ProsSmart people, great leadership team- both globally as well as in India. India seems to occupy prime space in the minds of the HQ and there seems to be a lot of investment flowing in. Some of the benefits and practices are significant better than most of the industry. My friends envy my being here at BMC and aspire to work for a company like this which not only takes great pride in trying to be the best in its technology space, but also offers a great work environment, a strong & collaborative work culture and clean and transparent communication by leaders. Bounced back sharply in the last two quarters showing tremendous resilience when faced with difficult times.

ConsThere is a lot of change but mostly on expected lines given the fact that the company went through a turbulent time not too long back.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou guys do a fantastic job.

Great Company

Senior Product Developer (Former Employee) Lexington, MA

ProsGreat product, Great benefits, and Good work life balance

ConsNo cons to discuss, no compliants

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the work what you are doing

Worked for BMC Software? Contribute to the Community!