BMM Transportation

Updated October 7, 2014
Updated October 7, 2014
3.9

Mark Stan

Growing company with great opportunities

I have been working at BMM Transportation

Pros

The company is family owned and the management is very involved with helping you to succeed. The unlimited earning potential makes the hard work very rewarding. The working environment is fun and laid back.

Cons

The industry is very tough and is not suitable for everyone. Lot of hard work required and the hours can be long.

Continue to stay closely involved and connected with your employees. The benefits could be improved upon.

Great place to make money determine your own success - growing rapidly

Current Employee - Contracts in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Contracts in Chicago, IL

I have been working at BMM Transportation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

For sales/brokers there is no limit to how much money you can make. The owners don't cap commission and they pay out commissions quickly. They want everyone there to succeed and make money for themselves as well as for BMM. Owners and managers are willing to take time to train one on one. If you want to improve you just have to ask for guidance.

For salary employees (like myself) hours are stable and responsibilities are CLEARLY outlined. Everyone has their own job to do so there isn't any office drama or one person dumping work onto another.

Cons

You definitely need to get work done. If you are not completing work but have time for smoke breaks or using your cell phone they will call you out on it. If you're getting work done no one will bug you.

Management is great. They are always willing to take time to help/train you. They are also very focused on growing the company.

Fast paced, room for growth

Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL

I have been working at BMM Transportation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The 2 owners work harder and longer than anyone else. They have clear expectations and are willing to train you to be as successful of them. If they have an issue with you they give you a chance to improve. They want people to stay at BMM, make as much money is possible (they do not cap commissions) and want sales associates to be promoted to management. The company has doubled in size/# of employees since I started and will continue to grow.

Cons

Work days are very long but that's industry standard.

Awesome management/owners!

Broker/ Sales

Current Employee - Sales Sales Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Sales Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at BMM Transportation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I worked for BMM 4 years.... started at BMM Transportation as an intern, was promoted to full time sales, then promoted again to sales manager. I learned from the CEO himself (Mark) who took time to train me. I loved the fast paced sales environment and there is no limit on commission or growth with company. I made a KILLING in commission and they pay right away. I managed for a while then had to move out of state this summer - wish I could have stayed! 1000 times better than my current sales job...

Cons

Work life balance is good if you live in the city- office is in the Loop. Days are long if you have a commute.

Keep it up! Owner/managers work hard to keep the business growing and are great examples.

CSA

Former Employee - CSA in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - CSA in Chicago, IL

I worked at BMM Transportation full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Wear what you like to work. It's commission driven. Room for growth. Located across the street from CBOT! Work hard play hard. Has trucks make job a lot easier. Great benefits , included health insurance , vacation, gym membership , Starbucks, basketball company teams , and my favorite happy hours!

Cons

Long hours, but you make a lot of money. Stressful meeting customer demands, talking to truck drivers is a drag. A lot of energy in a small space . Goals are set high. A lot is excepted of you

Location is great ,bigger space needed, growing to fast, owners are focused on growth.

If you take one day off you're fired!!

Former Employee - Inside Sales in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Inside Sales in Chicago, IL

I worked at BMM Transportation full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I have worked at several sales companies this job sucks!!

Cons

You work over 50 hours a week. You are not paid on a salaried scale because if you take a day off they dock you eight hours. They like pushovers not real professionals. They also are not a true transportation cmpany because they don't have trucks. They are strictly a logistics company.

You guys down their need to put a real system in place for your sales people. Also you need to write up an attendance policy so that every employee will know what is expected of them before you fire them.

BMM Transportation, the ultimate smoke screen

Former Employee - Carrier Representative in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Carrier Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at BMM Transportation full-time (less than an year)

Pros

If you're happy making no money, working 50+ hrs for peanuts, and being put down everyday. Then this job is for you!

Cons

Owners are extremely shady and do not speak in english half of the time. You are working out of a smelly basement, kiss the Sun and happiness goodbye! Lowest salary and commisions in the industry. The owners will put you down and talk bad about you behind your back, when you quit they will tell all your clients they fired you. They do not work as a "team" and will turn the guy next to you against you. Best advice I can give you is to never start. They do not care about you, and will throw you under a bus the first chance they get. They do not pay on time, and more than 50% of the time its the incorrect amount.