BMO Harris Bank N.A.

BMO Harris Bank N.A. Reviews

Updated August 16, 2014
Updated August 16, 2014

Mark F. Furlong

Pros
  • Very Good Benefits that take effect immediately once you start working (in 13 reviews)

• Great benefits, four (4) weeks vacation from the git go, plus all the bank holidays (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Very Unrealistic "Sales Goals" yet they spin it as a "Customer Conversation" and not "product pushing" (in 5 reviews)

• Not customer friendly, policies and procedures are not customer friendly, SR management does not accept feedback very well (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Company, Low pay

Pros

it was a great company to work for

Cons

Pay was not all that great

Pay more

Working for BMO is the best opportunity I have ever had.

Current Employee - Service Representative  in  Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Service Representative in Milwaukee, WI

Pros

Pay, schedule, time off, benefits, opportunities.

Cons

goals, and not many raises.

Give at least a small raise every year.

Overall, a good place to work with good people.

Current Employee - Information Technology Specialist  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Information Technology Specialist in Chicago, IL

Pros

Sometimes big companies can be impersonal and difficult to find your place in, but BMO's very open and welcoming. Overall, the company has good people; and there is a definite leadership element where you can see that the company is striving to grow and engage its employees.

Cons

Compensation is the big one. There's a definite disconnect between industry standards and what is offered to employees here. There's also not all that much opportunity for advancement, depending on your department and the roles you're seeking.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company to work for!!

Current Employee - Credit Analyst  in  Brookfield, WI
    Current Employee - Credit Analyst in Brookfield, WI

Pros

Great benefits especially the amount of time off you receive as a new hire.

Cons

I feel like the on the job training could be better. Some of the online training does not pertain to my job position.

Having an on the job HR representative would be helpful at times.

Great benefits

Current Employee - Service Representative  in  Naperville, IL
    Current Employee - Service Representative in Naperville, IL

Pros

Paid vacations - even for part timers
    Sick pay
    Paid Holidays
    A lot of room to grow within the company
    School reimbursement for full timers

Cons

Sales focused
    Technology
    Goal requirements
    Referrals
    Need to meet sales

Less stress in sales

Burn out

Former Employee - Personal Banker
    Former Employee - Personal Banker

Pros

Company has great benefits and many employment opportunites

Cons

Sales culture is very cut throat. Management does not appear to value a good employee

Does not pay well for job description

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative Manager  in  Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative Manager in Milwaukee, WI

Pros

Good health and 401K benefits

Cons

Compensation
    Do not treat customers well

First Job

Current Employee - Commercial Banking  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Commercial Banking in Chicago, IL

Pros

I completed a comprehensive 5 month training program.

Cons

Hours were too long, no quick advancements or promotions, lack of novelty in work content (only did existing client reviews).

Pros

Revenue a month is the best if you are in the banker role of the bank. Working with customers is also the best part of the job and getting them in the right products.

Cons

Management is very hard to come by. If you can find a good group of employee your revenue will be easier to get.

Lots of talk about "Customer Service" with no follow through.

Former Employee - Universal Banker
    Former Employee - Universal Banker

Pros

- as a former M&I employee, some branches still embraced the M&I culture... which was actually "providing" customer service to our clients. These were the best branches for great work culture.

- legacy M&I managers are AWESOME, understanding, and very helpful. They roll their sleeves up and do the hard work with the branch team... they are caring about your career goals... this is no longer the full truth....

- the old M&I policy and procedure manual was gold. If you ever felt unsure about what to do next - the answers were right there in black and white. the tools were there to do our jobs... it was rewarding. i loved it.

Cons

- not giving employees the tools to do their job. training lacked when BMO took over M&I.

- no follow through on customer service requests. employees have the hardest time getting follow through on customer service requests for the customers... it gets lost in black holes and you have to send the customer off with a "HOPE this all works out the way we want it to!" and not really knowing if you were actually able to HELP the customer.

- bank fees on high money accounts (because "we" switch the account type on the customer")

- no more "work up the pipeline to success" in the workplace. felt very "stuck" in my position.

- # help line ... don't get me started... banker-line and customer-line phone service was like talking to a rock. i actually had a customer service rep tell me, the banker, that "this isn't M&I anymore, honey." when i was trying to understand the "new" way that we had to process the customer service request.... mind you my customer was sitting at my desk and had thousands of dollars of fraud on her account and i did not want to cause ANY delay in getting this taken care of for her. (again ... they talk big about customer service but they have no idea what customer service is!)

it is understood that M&I needed BMO to buy them in order to stay a float...i get it... but please, spend a week in the tellers and bankers shoes. actually try caring about giving the customers quality service. there are too many road blocks at the banker level to actually provide confident service to the clients. very unfortunate. what a great legacy of CUSTOMER SERVICE (M&I) going up in smoke. this is exactly why i could not work there anymore.

Worked for BMO Harris Bank N.A.? Contribute to the Community!