BMW Financial Services

BMW Financial Services Reviews

Updated October 5, 2014
Updated October 5, 2014

Ed Robinson

Great work life balance, lots of opportunities to learn!

Current Employee - Analyst in Woodcliff Lake, NJ
    Current Employee - Analyst in Woodcliff Lake, NJ

I have been working at BMW Financial Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing company car program. The work is pretty interesting and challenging as the business evolves. Opportunities for exposure to upper management is very high. Collaboration with colleagues in the office and other markets is encouraged, which leads to exposure to different parts of the business. Employees are encouraged to take a paid day off per year to volunteer for the community. Family oriented culture and colleagues are very nice and friendly.

Cons

There are not many cons about the company off the top of my head. One unofficial rule is that you should stay in a position for 3 years before moving onto another role. Lastly, the pay is relatively low compared to the market.

Frustrating

Current Employee - Customer Relations Specialist in Hilliard, OH
    Current Employee - Customer Relations Specialist in Hilliard, OH

I have been working at BMW Financial Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great company, benefits and perks.

Cons

Schmooze culture, nepotism and lack of direction

Be professional, offer mentoring and care about retaining employees and career direction. Can't believe they won best place to work

Great company, friendly people!

Current Employee - Executive Administrative Assistant in Ontario, CA
    Current Employee - Executive Administrative Assistant in Ontario, CA

I have been working at BMW Financial Services part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great working environment, supportive management.

Cons

BMW NA and BMW FS are both terrific companies to work for. The only con I can think of is that they no longer hire direct administrative staff. All admin staff are now contracted/temp through staffing services.

great product but horrible management skills

Former Employee - Customer Relations Specialist in Hilliard, OH
    Former Employee - Customer Relations Specialist in Hilliard, OH

I worked at BMW Financial Services part-time (less than an year)

Pros

If you get the opportunity to move to one of the specialty teams take it, or volunteer for one. access to employee car program, weekends off, and fellow workers from tier 1 and tier 2 are wonderful to work with, but that's where it ends!

Cons

if you take this job don't stop looking elsewhere, management only cares about who is brown nosing with them, and if you aren't then you're not worth keeping. Extremely high turn over rate, don't be surprised when 1-3 people quit/get fired every WEEK! One of the male team leads sexually harasses all of the women in the office, trying to flirt with them, and when the men stand up for them or when they stand up for them self's. the team lead will harass them non-sexually until they quit from the stress or get fired for stupid stuff. The training isn't really there (4 weeks) you active listen to awhile and some death by power point and then they throw you on the call line to see how you do. No time frame to be hired on by the company, but brown noses are always first in line even if they are bad at their jobs. they will hold a company trip hover your heads to attempt to keep you working there but its still not worth it.

offering free food to thank the department doesn't go very far to raise morale. its all about the atmosphere in the office and when you mess with that just cause you don't like a person, it kills the opportunity for others to succeed and causes a higher turn over rate. spend less time in meetings and more on the floor with you teams.

Way too German. And I'm German.

I worked at BMW Financial Services

Pros

Nice clean facilities. Get an ok discount on a car but watch out because...

Cons

If they randomly fire you, you've lost your job and your car. When I worked there, they decided to fire myself and 13 other people for dubious reasons. Thankfully, I hadn't leased one of their cars. My colleagues' cars and jobs evaporated and they were escorted out to call a taxi! Most of us got unemployment benefits because the terminations were unsupported.

Be less German about schedules. Docking us for being late from a (scheduled) 15 minute break was the same penalty as being late to work. Really? Some flexibility would serve BMW well. Felt like a resource to be managed rather than a person.

Boring work

I worked at BMW Financial Services

Pros

car perks/discounts, cafeteria, nice facilities

Cons

Same boring tasks everyday, no challenge.

Not what it seems

Current Employee - Lease End Specialist in Hilliard, OH
    Current Employee - Lease End Specialist in Hilliard, OH

I have been working at BMW Financial Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Car program was the only good thing.

Cons

Management have no idea what direction they are heading in.
    Lack of leadership and development.

Get experienced managers with leadership skills.

Great Culture, Great People!

I have been working at BMW Financial Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Collaborative environment, GREAT benefits, good work/life balance, strong leadership team with focus on providing an excellent customer experience. Financial Services is like a small company inside a big company, so there is opportunity to be innovative and entrepreneurial and to see the impact you are having on the organization.

Cons

Promotions are mostly from within, so if you've come in from the outside to a professional role, be prepared for it take a while to earn the respect of the existing team. Once you do, you'll have a lot of opportunity.

Great organization focused on doing the right thing

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I have been working at BMW Financial Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good people and a focus on continuous improvement. Solid management team. Great benefits. Overall a very strong company with a great product - wonderful cars that everyone loves to drive!

Cons

BMW Financial Services North America gets significant input from Germany which may impact company direction. When I was there the opportunities to advance were limited, as a plus the company did large amount of job rotation.

Pretty simple, continue to support and develop the employees.

As far as a corporate office goes, this place tries very hard to provide a positive and engaging environment

I have been working at BMW Financial Services as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Forget about people telling you you won't get hired if you have a tattoo. Those days are over, at least at BMW.

Plenty of events to keep morale up and add interest to your day: we've had a van full of kittens and bunnies visit, Ride and Drives where you can drive a BMW, Basketball tournaments, and even a food truck festival with free wine, beer, and food.

If you aren't hired through a temp agency, but with BMW, there is a car program making BMWs and Minis very affordable and insurance and maintenance is included.

Also, if you aren't hired through a temp agency (like I am) you have access to a health center in the building which is very nice. All associates have access to the Fitness Room with group classes and open gym hours

Free popcorn every day

Cafeteria with a pretty great salad bar

Cons

Most entry-level positions are through a temp agency. Temps only earn 2 days of PTO every three months which makes it impossible to get any time off if you ever want to go on a trip.

Scheduling can be very inflexible due to needing appropriate staffing on the phones to provide service.

Benefits are pretty good but that means pay is not great

PTO policy for temp workers is very discouraging. It encourages me to come to work when I am sick and at other times so I can cling to every minute to have a trip later in the year either for the holidays or the summer. I have had TLs who are nice about taking 30 min lunches or working late so I don't have to dip into my meager PTO for things like doctor appointments, since I am in an admin position, and others who are incredibly inflexible and not understanding and it does not make me feel good at all to never be able to have a break here for fear I won't have enough time off to go out of town with my family.