BMW

BMW Reviews

Updated Jul 1, 2014

BMW Chairman Management Board Norbert Reithofer

Norbert Reithofer

Pros:
  • "working on premium products, great research equipment, work-life balance, friendly collegues"
    in 9 reviews
  • "Very good company with great products and a nice working environment"
    in 9 reviews
Cons:
  • "Very structured and the work/life balance should be redone totally"
    in 4 reviews
  • "Externals are quite limited in the decision making"
    in 3 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great Internship

Aftersales (Current Employee)
    Woodcliff Lake, NJ

Proslots of exposure, and lots of new things to learn. Cool cars. Its a big name so that will open some doors in the future.

ConsLow pay. Hard to get in. and most of the times to move around the company or to start you need to know someone.

Advice to Senior Managementfocus on the benefits of the workers. They need to feel like the company actually likes them.

It was an exciting position

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe process of making things better.

ConsWatching the robots do their job.

Pretty cool intern program, depending on your department

Quality Engineer Intern (Assembly) (Current Employee)
    Spartanburg, SC

ProsReal-world experience
    Great projects (in assembly at least)
    Most people are helpful
    Work around a cool product all day
    Manufacturing process is fast-paced compared to other industries like power generation

ConsTypical corporate political issues
    Don't get to participate in lease program :(

Advice to Senior ManagementPay the interns more competitively - I was making 2/3 what I could have made at pretty much any other company in a technical/engineering intern position

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

VIP Services

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEurope wide good travelling experience

Cons24/7 availability no holidays plannable

Advice to Senior ManagementDo more good to your workers

Customer Service

Customer Service (Former Employee)
    Escondido, CA

ProsSteady work; fair amount of employees, dealer felt not too big not too small

ConsToo many young people, family owned dealer so it always felt like they where being cheep with reagrds to everything!

Advice to Senior ManagementDont be cheep, give steady raises, even if mininal..

okay

Bmw (Current Employee)
    Rockville, MD

Prosget to drive bmw m3

Consdo not get paid enough, no overtime

Advice to Senior Managementpay better

Well, It is BMW

Client Advisor (Former Employee)
    Roseville, CA

Prosgetting to drive the cars

Conslong hours, pay is never consistent

Advice to Senior Managementtrain your employees

It's been okay.

Lot Staff (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsI would start by saying I never intended on moving up at BMW, I started their while at school as lot attendant at a dealership just to make some money. They have been very flexible and for the most part, people respect the hard work I've done. They have offered to move me up before to a better position, but as it is not where I want to be, I haven't taken up those offers.

ConsA little too much drama between gossiping employees and a couple of managerial changes later, I am lucky to be here still I guess.

An amazing experience with ability to work without micromanagement.

Quality Assurance Intern (Former Employee)
    Spartanburg, SC

ProsSee new model vehicles daily and understand the production process behind such a great vehicle.

ConsPlenty of the work is repetitive and many people are comfortable within the old processes.

charge person number illegal

Production Worker (Former Employee)
    Greer, SC

ProsI have no good things to say about this company but my friends are only ones who know the truth.

ConsI am a white female in her twenties, an US citizen and I vote. Bmw and Mau have been hiding an identity fraud for over a year. This might be the first a Bmw supervisor and Mau Hr were allowed to but it happen switch my perfect good work record and identity number inside the Bmw plant without my knowledge or signature and replaced it with false number and work record. In this time after the switch they harassed and told awful lies about me. This went on for two months till they built enough lies; than they walked me out the door. In this time period I reported a problem of my number to an offline and Mau Hr was informed of my mistreatment. It was like they laughed in my face and nothing was done or looked into. My Identity is very badly messed up at this time and it can take a few years to set back my rightful identity. Bmw or Mau have never tried to make this right or find out who or where my identity went inside the Bmw plant. All my other bosses and team workers on both shifts knew I was hard working despite an injury I had gotten never missed a day with this. I was respectful, honest, and helped others in and out of work station and worked beyond my required job. I learned very quickly and I always made sure my job was done right. Why this Bmw supervisor and Mau Hr decided to do this I have no idea. I don’t wish this on anybody and with my identity so messed up, and my good work record destroyed, it is hard to obtain a job until my identity is restored. If it happened to a Bmw boss or Mau they would have had someone arrested. Why haven’t they came forward and made this right, they have all kinds of proof Bmw and Mau. One other thing when this switch happened I was hired and fired the same day and I was working my job and didn’t even know this. It didn’t show up till after I was walked out and got last paycheck.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to worker because may be tell you the truth about who they are?

Worked for BMW? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BMW reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for BMW CEO Norbert Reithofer. All 112 reviews posted anonymously by BMW employees.