BMW

Updated July 24, 2014

3.9

BMW Chairman Management Board Norbert Reithofer
Norbert Reithofer

Pros
  • working on premium products, great research equipment, work-life balance, friendly collegues (in 10 reviews)

• great colleagues, great products (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Very structured and the work/life balance should be redone totally (in 4 reviews)

• Very big company with to many processes (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

An amazing experience with ability to work without micromanagement.

Former Employee - Quality Assurance Intern  in  Spartanburg, SC
    Former Employee - Quality Assurance Intern in Spartanburg, SC

Pros

See new model vehicles daily and understand the production process behind such a great vehicle.

Cons

Plenty of the work is repetitive and many people are comfortable within the old processes.

intern

Current Employee - Intern  in  Fort Wayne, IN
    Current Employee - Intern in Fort Wayne, IN

Pros

great company great cars. I spent most of my time there really contributing alot to and learning about the process of production of cars

Cons

no down sides. The faculty is great. The managment actually cars about the quality of your work. Great work environment.

charge person number illegal

Former Employee - Production Worker  in  Greer, SC
    Former Employee - Production Worker in Greer, SC

Pros

I have no good things to say about this company but my friends are only ones who know the truth.

Cons

I am a white female in her twenties, an US citizen and I vote. Bmw and Mau have been hiding an identity fraud for over a year. This might be the first a Bmw supervisor and Mau Hr were allowed to but it happen switch my perfect good work record and identity number inside the Bmw plant without my knowledge or signature and replaced it with false number and work record. In this time after the switch they harassed and told awful lies about me. This went on for two months till they built enough lies; than they walked me out the door. In this time period I reported a problem of my number to an offline and Mau Hr was informed of my mistreatment. It was like they laughed in my face and nothing was done or looked into. My Identity is very badly messed up at this time and it can take a few years to set back my rightful identity. Bmw or Mau have never tried to make this right or find out who or where my identity went inside the Bmw plant. All my other bosses and team workers on both shifts knew I was hard working despite an injury I had gotten never missed a day with this. I was respectful, honest, and helped others in and out of work station and worked beyond my required job. I learned very quickly and I always made sure my job was done right. Why this Bmw supervisor and Mau Hr decided to do this I have no idea. I don’t wish this on anybody and with my identity so messed up, and my good work record destroyed, it is hard to obtain a job until my identity is restored. If it happened to a Bmw boss or Mau they would have had someone arrested. Why haven’t they came forward and made this right, they have all kinds of proof Bmw and Mau. One other thing when this switch happened I was hired and fired the same day and I was working my job and didn’t even know this. It didn’t show up till after I was walked out and got last paycheck.

Listen to worker because may be tell you the truth about who they are?

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

BMW

Current Employee - Production Specialist  in  Greer, SC
    Current Employee - Production Specialist in Greer, SC

Pros

Good benefits, best employer in the area.

Cons

Large corporate environment, easy to be lost in the shuffle if you aren't a political animal.

Develop your management team not just your recent collage grad new hires.

needs to care about others time

Former Employee - Production Manager  in  Greer, SC
    Former Employee - Production Manager in Greer, SC

Pros

the pay was great as well as the insurance.. and it was also nice getting raises

Cons

I put in almost 5 years as a contractor and never got hired on and right after coming back from being on workman's comp I got fired.. So do not take workman's comp if you want to keep your job..

Take more consideration into another time, if you feel that the person is qualified enough to still be working at the company for 5 years then they should be qualified to become a permanent BMW ASSOCIATE

German culture domination; Nice brand but no career

Former Employee - Logistics Intern  in  Greer, SC
    Former Employee - Logistics Intern in Greer, SC

Pros

Great brand, awesome car, and nice work-life balance

Cons

German culture pervades everywhere. Very harsh and top down culture; If you're not German, forget about working here. I worked in Spartanburg, SC and that might possibly be the worst town to live in in the USA; Pay is not competitive

Hire more diversity

Great Company to work for

Pros

The people are great to work with
    Lots of Diversity
    You can learn a Ton about the products
    substantial pay

Cons

not much room for improvement

Ad Agency Account Director for BMW Southern Region Dealer Group.

Former Employee - Group Account Director  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Group Account Director in Dallas, TX

Pros

Smart, nimble company always innovating for market leadership
    Strong leadership across the board
    Free cars to drive!

Cons

Frequently have to relocate to advance

BMW Salesman says its good

Current Employee - Sales  in  Maywood, NJ
    Current Employee - Sales in Maywood, NJ

Pros

Best auto company to work for

Cons

long hours, commissions should be bigger

have us work shorter shifts, and bigger shares of the profits on these expensive cars because we are the ones selling them

Acceptable employer, but get tighter w/ compensation and benefits.

Current Employee - Field Manager  in  Woodcliff Lake, NJ
    Current Employee - Field Manager in Woodcliff Lake, NJ

Pros

Car benefit and decent bonus. Still some decent upper management personnel (although in the minority).

Cons

Germany taking more and more control and squeezing for more profit. Advancement opportunities also becoming harder to come by. Continually ask employees to produce more and more while reducing the resources (headcount and budget) to support growth.

Don't hire your friends or family. If you ask for honest opinions, don't penalize those who give it to you.
    Remember your employees are people....not assets.

Worked for BMW? Contribute to the Community!