BMW of SF

2.9

CEO

Needs better structure

I worked at BMW of SF full-time

Pros

Management tries to do their best with improving processes, however, things tend to get scattered and unorganized. Benefits are decent; competitive if you compare to other dealerships. HR Department is kind and approachable. I feel the HR Manager holds down the office the best. And definitely there are opportunities for growth if you really show top work ethic and reliability.

Cons

LOTS of employee turnover... but then again that is the nature of the auto industry. Salaries aren't great. And internal processes tend to get confusing.

Try to encourage more performance improvement programs. Some phenomenal employees have left that some customers depended on.

I always be aware what you do.

Current Employee - Parts Driver in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Parts Driver in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at BMW of SF full-time (more than an year)

Pros

like being organize and being busy

Cons

every month you got to do inventory count.

A good but challenging opportunity.

Former Employee - Service Valet/Porter in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Service Valet/Porter in San Francisco, CA

I worked at BMW of SF full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The prestige of working with BMW, comprehensive medical coverage, and the initial warmth of the company are great. If you are a complete novice, you will learn alot about auto maintenance.

Cons

The company would like to say its culture encourages inter-employee cooperation, but the way it conducts business doesn't. In order to preserve its bottom line, everyone is rushed to get the job done. Further, service is made to look incompetent when sales or phone personnel are not on the same page regarding what can and can't be done.

It would be great to have transparency and communication between all the company's verticals so that promises aren't made to customers that can't be kept. Value the contributions of the little guy-- valets and carwash guys seem to get overlooked. Adopt a company culture where there is wiggle room in the hectic schedule so that "I'm too busy" becomes, "sure, I can help you out with that question."

good chance to make money

Former Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I worked at BMW of SF

Pros

Small family oriented company culture. Good pay and benefits. Management always willing to listen.

Cons

Long hours. Some of the customers can really drive you crazy with their demands.

Understand when you've got good employees and what you need to do to keep them.