- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I worked at BMWC Group full-time (more than 3 years)Pros
Work is fun, job is challenging. Micro managing is non existent, it is very easy to manage your own work and get things done.Cons
1. Upper management that is not on site seems disconnected from construction and does not have a good idea on what is happening on the site or what their employees rolls and responsibilities are.
2. employee development is weak. training is mandatory but not based on employees current knowledge or skills.
3. high turnover in estimating department, makes it difficult to get new work.
4. promotions and bonuses are based on tenure not on merit.
5. company is reactive not proactive on multiple frontsAdvice to ManagementAdvice
Spend more time on job sites, understand what your employees are doing and what their rolls are, walk down the sites and projects with the front line management.
Base raises/promotions/bonuses on merit alone.
trim the fatRecommendsNegative Outlook
I have been working at BMWC GroupPros
Ethically sound; good profit share programCons
Can get "stuck" in old ways to do things. Work/life balance is missing; some policies are antiquated with no desire to become more progressive.