BNP Paribas

BNP Paribas Reviews in Paris

Updated Jul 6, 2014

BNP Paribas CEO and Director Jean-Laurent Bonnafé

Jean-Laurent Bonnafé

Pros
  • Really friendly place to work with a great approach to work life balance(in 42 reviews)

• Relaxed work environment with the opportunity to learn(in 25 reviews)

Cons
  • Not enough people to perform the necessary work; not a good work-life balance(in 15 reviews)

• Long hours (it's banking, what do you expect)(in 9 reviews)

49 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Real Estate & Private BAnking

Real Estate Analyst (Former Employee) Paris (France)

ProsStrong entrepreneurial culture, open-minded senior professionals

ConsLow pay, low infrastructure, bad work life-balance

Great Opportunities But Lots of Politics

Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) Paris (France)

ProsHuge opportunities, it is such an amazing bank probably the most global bank in the world with expertise in all financial domains. The salary is usually ok. The atmosphere is also generally nice and you do lots of passionate things with great people.

ConsNot always very diverse (especially management, all French) and to climb the ladder there are always lots of politics involved. Therefore you wonder how some incompetent people are not fired (don't wonder, ask who's who..). Also, when you end up in a team with incompetent people usually it also influences the team's efficiency and as a consequence your work/life balance because you end up having to catch up for the waste of energy.

analyst

Analyst (Former Employee) Paris (France)

Prosgreat benefits, and a lot of vacation (9 months in France) so work-life balance is great too.

ConsThe initial salary is good when you join the firm, but then evolution is very limited.
    Paris centric organization with very slow administrative processes

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage employee to be more pro-active and give them opportunity to be creative, and
    with that will come efficiency.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A sound global bank with interesting career opportunities in different geographies

Vice President (Current Employee) Paris (France)

ProsThe company has strong values and makes sure to transmit them to staff. There is a big ongoing investment in efficiency and decentralization which have been historical obstacles on the ability to take decisions quickly. Finally, the global footprint allows for cross-border deals and also career opportunities.

ConsVery hierarchical and there is still plenty of red tape. The compensation / bonus is not up there with other investment banks.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior management communication to staff needs to be improved.

Interesting experience although not optimal

IT Architecture (Former Employee) Paris (France)

ProsBalance work/personal life, friendly atmosphere most of the tilme

ConsSalary and fake international mobility since you need to resign before joining the destination organization, although part of the same Group. Unbelievable.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlign your salaries and measure reached objectives with associated incentives. You can do more or less, same treatment. Don't lie on international mobility or opportunities.

Good ambience and many opportunities

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Paris (France)

ProsIt is the biggest bank in europe. So it recruits a lot of people. It has a good working ambiance. We have plenty of internal mobility opportunities for us to choose projects we want to work on.

ConsEnglish is not quite popular. French is important. Kind of conservative. They are not quite open to foreigners. French people tend to have more promoting opportunities.

Intern in M&A in the Financial Institutions Group"

Intern (Former Employee) Paris (France)

ProsGreat reputation in France, first on league tables, strong values and good management of the interns.

ConsBad hiring opportunities, high competition between interns.

Great place to learn, not to develop, very bureaucratic culture

Associate In M&A (Current Employee) Paris (France)

ProsVery solid technical skills thoughout the business lines, very decent employers froma social perspective with better than average benefits

ConsSuper bureaucratic, poor management, zero capacity to think outside of the box

Advice to Senior ManagementRenew management, stop promoting the same type of people over and over again...not enough diversity at the top promotes an unpleasant "lets do what we have always done " type of culture. very boring after a couple years

Good for exposure but too bureaucratic and rigid

Analyst (Current Employee) Paris (France)

ProsBig bank with wide resources and support teams, very good exposure at entry level in terms of work done and different teams and departments.

ConsIts very bureaucratic where things move very slowly which can get very frustrating at times. Human resources are too helpful in terms of employee development.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo away with too much hierarchy and invest time and resources in employee development.

great

Financial Analyst (Current Employee) Paris (France)

Prosprofessional
    dedicated
    great leaning and application environment

Conslanguage prob as not so international ambience

Worked for BNP Paribas? Contribute to the Community!