BNY Mellon Reviews in Nashville, TN

2.8
1,228 Reviews

BNY Mellon Chairman, President and CEO Gerald Hassell
Gerald Hassell

Pros
  • I also get to work from home when needed, making the work life balance easier to handle (in 116 reviews)

• Many good benefits, however, management was not proactive in developing talent (in 61 reviews)

Cons
  • There is no room for GROWTH and the PAY SUCKS OVERALL (in 25 reviews)

• All the hard works we done are not appreciated by the senior management of the company (in 49 reviews)

More Highlights

3 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Started my Career

Former Employee - Senior Manager  in  Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Nashville, TN

I worked at BNY Mellon full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Tons of opportunities all over the world. Exposure to big business strategies, cutting edge technology, education assistance, good benefits, and international experience.

BNY Mellon was my school so to speak. I broke into the management game here, learned tons, was given opportunities to challenge mindsets, and introduce new ideas.

I was lucky enough to find a company that brought me on board with almost virtually no experience. I worked hard, smart, and networked smart. I was able to excel and grow as a professional.

Cons

The dollar rules all. There isn't as much investment in staff as I think is appropriate, and the executive management teams are very much old school New York. During my tenure, I saw years where raises and bonuses were frozen. In some of the firm's low cost markets, pay was exceptionally low, it was very difficult for me to hire High Caliber employees at the pay ranges we offered.

Re-Think how much you want to invest in your work force in low cost markets. It was the driving factor in why I left, and I know others have left for similar reasons. Re-Evaluate the return on investments when it comes to your employees. Happy employees will always outperform their unhappy peers.

Not For Me

Former Employee - Help Desk Analyst  in  Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Help Desk Analyst in Nashville, TN

I worked at BNY Mellon full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very friendly colleagues, as you would expect to find in any work environment. The pay wasn't terrible.

Cons

Very busy, micro-managed, very corporate environment, "supervisors" are very good at telling people what to do while seemingly not doing much.

Listen to your employees complaints, work with your employees needs.

Systems Specialist

Current Employee - Systems Specialist  in  Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Systems Specialist in Nashville, TN

I have been working at BNY Mellon full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

401k, Medical, Leading Technology, exciting projects.

Cons

60 plus hours per week is expected in some areas. Weekend work of 12 hours per day is common. Reprisal for noncompliance. Promotions, raises and bonus is not based on merit. Constant required meetings creates low productivity and which leads to long work hours.

Motivation and moral issues need to be addressed. Stop brow beatings and intimidation tactics.

Worked for BNY Mellon? Contribute to the Community!