BNY Mellon Reviews in New York, NY

2.8
1,232 Reviews

BNY Mellon Chairman, President and CEO Gerald Hassell
Gerald Hassell

Pros
  • I also get to work from home when needed, making the work life balance easier to handle (in 116 reviews)

• Many good benefits, however, management was not proactive in developing talent (in 61 reviews)

Cons
  • There is no room for GROWTH and the PAY SUCKS OVERALL (in 25 reviews)

• All the hard works we done are not appreciated by the senior management of the company (in 49 reviews)

More Highlights

234 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Very good

Former Employee - Wealth Management Analyst  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Wealth Management Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at BNY Mellon

Pros

Friendly atmosphere and easy work environment. YOu will never be in over your head.

Cons

Very boring atmosphere and not a ton of young people. You won't get paid very much but don't have to do much.

Just make it so there are more incentives to achieve above and beyond besides just the basic salary that is given.

Excellent place to bring experience, not to start

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at BNY Mellon

Pros

Pay is increased when bringing experience, perhaps your 2nd or 3rd job. Extremely stable company

Cons

Low pay for people just beginning, long way to climb, slow advancements.

Communication with lower staff can be better. Overall, the foundation is great.

friendly work place

Former Employee - Lockbox Clerk  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Lockbox Clerk in New York, NY

I worked at BNY Mellon

Pros

it great , if your coming out of college and looking for a place to work part-time, to gain work experience.

Cons

Everything you do is time, the lunch break is too short. the hours not enough to do all the work .

They have mostly part-time jobs available, not enough full-time jobs to tranfer to. The pay could have been better.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Laid back atmosphere but below average salaries

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at BNY Mellon

Pros

It is a low stress laid back atmosphere workplace. They are very flexible with time off and being able to leave early or arrive late when needed.

Cons

They don't pay well at all. They pay well below industry standards and are the lowest paying company in the mutual fund industry.

Increase salaries to meet market value standards. Promote people more. Many people don't get promoted no matter how well they perform. That's why people leave the company.

If you're there, get out, if you're thinking about BNYM - STAY AWAY !

Current Employee - Managing Director  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Managing Director in New York, NY

I have been working at BNY Mellon

Pros

Good pay for experieinced people, NY folks are great to work with, and the execs are trying to change the culture since the merger.

Cons

Technology is 20 years behind others, no joke! Pittsburgh employees are backstabbers, the IT folks in Pitt are mostly interested in Steelers vs. working - they are lazy, lack any real development skills, and mgmt seems to put women in key positions more often than not (all for it, as I am a woman myself)... way too many people in mgmt levels, lots fo $ being spent, but lousy technology and mostly a manual process to get anything. They have Lotus Notes E-mail ! HR is incompetent at best, they really are the worst I have ever seen in over 20+ years of working! They do nothing and contribute 0 to value-add. Try to work in NY i you have to work there, and avoid Pitt at all costs - they are lazy, backstabbers, and work at most 7 hour days - and way too many people in IT there - they should fire all of them!

Fire everyone in Pittsburgh for starters, get rid of the head of HR, ad get a new CIO who actually knows what he's doing!

Great career starter!

Current Employee - Associate Analyst  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Associate Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at BNY Mellon

Pros

Good experience out of college, and lots to learn. Many business areas within company which creates several areas to work and/or be promoted.

Cons

Poor pay versus similar companies, senior management is not candid enough with employees, management does not encourage and recognize hard work, poor bonus structure.

Spend money to make money and offer incentives to employees at all levels. Increase moral by encouraging and recognizing hard work from the top down.

It is good place to start, not to build a career on.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at BNY Mellon

Pros

It is good place for a person who just graduated.

Cons

Pay is very low. There is incredible amount of work to be done, in very unreasonable amount of time. People are leaving and the management is no hiring, hiding behind the "bad economy" reasons. We are stressed and tired. Getting promoted is pretty hard. They are stingy.

Hire more people! Give existing employees better salaries. Stop following business models of aquired companies.

I learned a lot, but the atmosphere was catty and I felt uncomfortable.

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I worked at BNY Mellon

Pros

Bank of New York Mellon has decent benefits and a good name. The location is very good and there are some really good people who work there.

Cons

The system is really disorganized and there are lots of inefficiencies. There is a lot of BS and not a lot of transparency. For instance, they were saying that we were doing really well financially compared with the other banks, then the next week, people were getting laid off.

Don't gossip about others in the office in front of other workers. It makes them wonder if you're going around and gossiping about them too.

Good Summer Internship

Former Employee - Intern Global Client Management  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Intern Global Client Management in New York, NY

I worked at BNY Mellon

Pros

Good introduction to the finance industry.
    Many programs for intern education.
    Friendly and relaxed work environment
    Very supportive management
    Great feedback from supervisors

Cons

The firm does not do a great job in hiring for full time positions from its pool of summer interns.

Re-evaluate the intern program and tailor it more as a training program for full time employees.

It could have been great.....

Former Employee - Project Leader  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Project Leader in New York, NY

I worked at BNY Mellon

Pros

At the time, the benefit package was excellent, the work week was normally 40 - 50 hours, and the co-workers were the best.

Cons

Within the group I was in, Senior Management was not trustworthy, staff was not treated equally (and obviously so), tempers tended to rage as though the employees were children....and this was tolerated by the next level of management.

Take a hard look at how people are treated...all people...and by whom they are treated in different fashions. Demand your management have the 'people skills' you are requiring your staff to have.

Worked for BNY Mellon? Contribute to the Community!