BNY Mellon Reviews

2.8
1,236 Reviews

BNY Mellon Chairman, President and CEO Gerald Hassell
Gerald Hassell

Pros
  • I also get to work from home when needed, making the work life balance easier to handle (in 116 reviews)

• Many good benefits, however, management was not proactive in developing talent (in 61 reviews)

Cons
  • There is no room for GROWTH and the PAY SUCKS OVERALL (in 25 reviews)

• All the hard works we done are not appreciated by the senior management of the company (in 49 reviews)

More Highlights

Global Bank that continuously innovates.

Current Employee - Financial Sales  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Financial Sales in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at BNY Mellon full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Company values their employees and treats them with respect. Company has several course trainings available to enhance career development skills. Encourage employees to maintain a healthy lifestyle and offesr good work life balance.

Cons

Headquarters and operations are primarily based in NY and PGH so opportunities are not as abundant at other locations. Business restructuring is common.

You are the director of your own career path here. Always helps to have a mentor along the way.

Investor Relations

Former Employee - Investor Relations  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Investor Relations in New York, NY

I worked at BNY Mellon full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good place to learn the business of alternative investments. Was very lucky to be on a team with great coworkers.

Cons

Tough to move up. Most of the managers have been there for a very long time. Heard the company is downsizing drastically.

Company is facing challenging times.

I have been working at BNY Mellon

Pros

Co-workers, time-off, flexible, exposure to financial services industry

Cons

Expense challenges, lack of new business, slow growth

CEO and executive management should focus on retaining their talented employees.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company, but awful job

I have been working at BNY Mellon

Pros

Large company with relocation potential

Cons

Early hours, mindless work, no promotion potential, poor salary, poor mid-level management

Train managers to deal with employees, implement pay increases for those who work hard and allow for employees to apply for other jobs within the company

Asset Servicing Shareholder Specialist

I worked at BNY Mellon full-time for more than a year

Pros

Exposure to other departments in within the company
    Insight the Market and Mutual Funds
    Great place to learn about securities
    OVERTIME during tax season

Cons

High Turnover
    Low Pay
    very gloomy environment
    maximum supervision

pay more

remittance processor

Former Employee - Mail Process  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Mail Process in Atlanta, GA

I worked at BNY Mellon full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

friendly,productin,quality,hard work,honest good working condition open communication etc the management co operative,better benefit also there,mangement is communicate the work changes,experienced work people can perform well

Cons

high performance work as a family quality is must management is current co operative,some productive work training there,benefit and bonus with productive,hard work ,honest,ethics,quality the employee value also motivate all

better benefit

I have enjoyed my time spent at BNY Mellon, just looking for the next professional step in my career development.

Current Employee - Client Service Associate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Client Service Associate in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at BNY Mellon full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

My team I worked with was very encouraging and positive.

Cons

The health benefits were a disappointment when they switched to HSA.

Step up your compensation game

Former Employee - Ops  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Ops in New York, NY

I worked at BNY Mellon full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Work/life balance, friendly people, 401k match

Cons

Too many levels of management, stimulating environments tough to come by, poor compensation

Pay someone

Benefits are good, but not much else.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at BNY Mellon full-time for more than a year

Pros

Starting off you get 2 weeks of vacation, unlimited sick days, 7% match on your 401K, work-life balance is great, the atmosphere is very laid back. Most of the supervisors I've met and worked with have been young, friendly, and helpful.

Cons

It is expected that you take on more work but are rarely rewarded for it. The health insurance is a joke if you are somebody who has a medical condition and needs medical coverage. The pay is well below average for the area and raises are very tiny. This is a good place to start your career to gain experience, however the job is so specific I feel it won't help me advance my career. They are also making it much harder to move around within the company.

BNY Mellon Review

Former Employee - Senior Trust Administrator
    Former Employee - Senior Trust Administrator

I worked at BNY Mellon full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good benefits (medical/dental/vision); 401(k), ESOP; Hours are good; Some employees have a team-like attitude & good attitude to do their job

Cons

Workload can be heavy, stressful at times and may be expected to handle a load that is more than one person can do. Some new employees hired to do the job have no interest in learning the job & want to be told exactly what to do instead of taking the initiative to learn it. Experienced employees were laid off & replaced by new ones with no experience during a time when it may have been wiser if the experienced ones stayed.

Operating module was changed but it didn't seem to be working very well. Such as: New issues were taking too long to set up; Relationship Manager may not be doing their job which delayed new setup; CSD dept. didn't get all the info they needed when new issue closed or new setup not done in timely matter so debt service or principal payment was missed; department that did invoicing did not send out debt service invoices or did them wrong; CSMs were expected to do double the work with no admin assistance. Certain tasks from all offices were given to another group to do & those employees had no knowledge of the accounts or anything so things were missed.

When employees had to decide what role/dept. they wanted to be in under the new operating module upper management stated that it did not matter what role or city you were in. However, it did matter as in 2012 employees were told they would be laid off as location strategy was to close satellite offices & move certain positions to core cities. So management does not always communicate fully or truthfully about things that would affect employees' job.

Communicate more fully when changing things especially when it affects people's jobs and being laid off or not. Value experience employees more; state clearly and accurately how changes will affect people.

Worked for BNY Mellon? Contribute to the Community!