BOK Financial

Be The First To
Add Photos

BOK Financial President, CEO, and Director Stanley A. (Stan) Lybarger

Stanley A. (Stan) Lybarger

Not what it was made to be

Consumer Banker (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

Proshas good products when compared to others in our market. over all very competitive, and there actual branch hours are good.

Conshorrible structure, technology is way out dated, commission is a joke. to perform simple tasks requires a rediculous process. overall not what was presented.

Advice to Senior Managementthe schedule issues seriously need to be addressed, many people are coming and going. through out my years here i have seen more people leave, due to frustration with the way things are.

Its not what you think it is

Consumer Banker (Current Employee)
    Oklahoma City, OK

ProsI like the laid back atmosphere

ConsIncompetent employees, Lack of professionalism, pay, lack of bonuses

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more competent employees, give holiday bonuses,

Great place to work

ACT Program (Former Employee)

ProsFriendly environment
    Decent pay
    Great hours
    Very talented people
    This company is the best when it comes to ethical behavior. When the SemGroup loss happened, I knew immediately that no one would find any fraud pertaining to the deal. Lo and behold, they didn't.

ConsThe environment is very laid back. If you're in the market for a fast-paced environment, you'll probably have to go to Dallas or NY.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work. BOKF is truly something to be proud of. If you want to be a banker in the state of Oklahoma, there is no better place to do it. Period.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Best place I have ever worked

Vice President (Current Employee)

ProsSmall company mentality with big company benefitsManagement in my organization id top notch, Senior leadershjip has done an outstanding job of leading this bank through the financial crisis. No TARP money here!!!

ConsIf you are willing to work hard and contribute then there are no downsides here at all

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up!!!

A great place to work!

Teller (Former Employee)
    Oklahoma City, OK

ProsThey are a great group of people, there are tons of contests and competitions to keep people motivated, and the pay is competitive. Even part-timers get full benefits... medical, dental, vision, vacation, and paid holidays. There is a ton of training you can complete to become very knowledgeable in your position. There are also a ton of opportunities to advance in the company. There are locations everywhere in Oklahoma City and Tulsa, and it is a very rewarding job experience overall.

ConsYou have to deal with a lot of people...clients who may often be upset about their account or money situation.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey are doing a great job! Keeping the bank steady in a time of financial crisis.

Come here if you want an easy job and time off, but willing to give up compensation for it.

Financial Analyst (Current Employee)
    Tulsa, OK

ProsBanker hours and vacation / time-off

Consnobody is ever in a real rush for anything - very laid back...not what I was expecting

Advice to Senior Managementfocus on business rather than attempting to get as much face-time in the Tulsa area as possible.

Dont work at a branch for Bank of Oklahoma

Consumer Banker (Former Employee)
    Tulsa, OK

ProsThe people were good to work with inside the bank. For the most part they are all 20 somethings. The benefits are pretty good and a decent amount of vacation time

ConsCustomers at the in store banks are awful. They are rude and usually very ignorant about banking. They will accuse you of messing up their personal finances. You have to work weekends sometimes. Not much room for advancement. If your in a branch thats where they want you to stay.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe only senior management i spoke with was our district manager. He was friendly but usually had unreasonable expectations

Good to start out but nothing else

Proslaid-back atmosphere
    one of the biggest employers in Oklahoma
    potential to move to a different group/department once you are part of the organization

Consthe worst outdated software and processes I have ever seen making many things more time consuming and inefficient than they should be
    lack of professionalism in many parts of the organization
    no accountability of personnel
    pay is not competitive and increases from where you start insignificant over time
    if people leave, it takes forever to get replacements making it hard on the people that stay
    no ongoing training, education
    bank's arrogant attitude about being the best employer in OK and therefore treating their people accordingly (low pay, low/no incentive pay, don't care about morale)

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove accountability for personnel and align goals with incentives that are placed on people
    reward the people that you'd like to keep adequately, I have seen many good ones leave because they weren't compensated for the work they put in and many are about to leave

Fine.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood Work / Life Balance

ConsLack of opportunity to move up.

Great

ProsStrong company with great internal support.

ConsSegmented so that markets have trouble keeping up

Advice to Senior ManagementMore regional opportunities

Worked for BOK Financial? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BOK Financial reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for BOK Financial CEO Stanley A. (Stan) Lybarger. All 22 reviews posted anonymously by BOK Financial employees.