BOXX Technologies

Updated June 12, 2014
Updated June 12, 2014
3.2

Rick Krause

I came back for a second round of employment, so it must be good!

Current Employee - Marketing Manager
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager

I have been working at BOXX Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

Unique products, company extremely well structured and yet agile enough to out-maneuver the big guys, great people. BOXX has excellent benefits (health care, 401K matching, etc) and salary booster program, plenty of observed holidays, and is truly invested in the happiness of the employees. This is my second employment stint at BOXX, and it's amazing to see how the company has grown and succeeded over the past 10 years. I'm more jazzed to be here now than I was the first time around, and that's saying something!

Cons

Any company that's been around for a while may have little things here and there that can be improved upon, or quirks that have developed, but BOXX is very committed to improving upon any shortcomings that may be brought to light, which they are always open to discussing. I don't consider there to be any "cons" worthy of note.

Stay nimble, stay creative, stay hungry, stay disciplined!

BOXX Technologies Response

Jun 16, 2014Human Resources Mgr.

Thank you for your positive comments. I too came back for a second round here and so did one of your co-workers in your department so I have to agree that we wouldn't be seeing people coming back if ... More

I have been at BOXX over 4 years and I love it!

Current Employee - Sales  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Sales in Austin, TX

I have been working at BOXX Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I love working with my colleagues and my manager. They have a fair compensation plan for sales reps.

Cons

Need more flexibility with work hours.

BOXX Technologies Response

Jun 5, 2014Human Resources Mgr.

As part of our sales team, I'm happy to hear you are still lovin' it after 4 years. That's a true compliment to the company and I thank you for that. As a small company, we do like everyone to be ... More

BOXX Technologies ROCKS!!!

I have been working at BOXX Technologies full-time

Pros

BOXX offered me the opportunity to specialize in an industry that is mostly supported by generalists.

Cons

There are only 5 business days in the work week.

Keep up the great work!

BOXX Technologies Response

Jun 5, 2014Human Resources Mgr.

Thank you for your feedback. I love the con!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Miserably inept employer

Current Employee - Engineering  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Engineering in Austin, TX

I have been working at BOXX Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

None
    There are absolutely no Pros that I can think of

Cons

Inept management
    very bad morale among peers and management
    unprofessional conduct among both peers and management

Replace everyone

Like working at an old-schLike working at an old-school messy computer store.

Current Employee - Worker  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Worker in Austin, TX

I have been working at BOXX Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Freedom in projects, decent pay, encouraged to take the reins on certain things.

Cons

Disorganized, strange club of few employees that have worked there for +10 years. Employees being constantly and rudely harassed, mostly by other employees who are hung over and and expect everyone to take their garbage. Old-School tech company. Creepy staff full of paranoid gossips and bullies.

Ship-Up. The place is a mess, the communication is not only bad, it is purposefully vague and sets up others for failure followed by nitpicking and harassment.

Great People and Products

I have been working at BOXX Technologies

Pros

Inovative Products. Loyal long term employees. Employees rewarded if quarterly corporate sales goals are met. Fun activities, i.e. potlucks, off site events, parties, etc.

Cons

Cross departmental initiatives need more leadership. It would help when trying to fix broken processes.

Although monthly company meetings are good - they could have more information and be more organized. Get the ping pong table you promised already!! We need it.

BOXX Technologies Response

May 12, 2014Human Resources Mgr.

Thank you for your positive review. To provide teams an opportunity to fix broken processes, we have opened up the option of setting up your own BOXX Lunches where we pay for the team's lunch ... More

Dysfunctional and don't value their employees

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at BOXX Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The monthly free donuts and holiday potluck.

Cons

Management is top heavy and fight with each other. You can hear screaming throughout the office during weekly management meetings. They are sales driven and live pay check to pay check. They don't plan anything, they just react to sales dipping. They figure throwing out a new eblast announcing an upgraded product and posting a new index banner will solve their sales woes. They don't have an HR rep. The CEO is assuming the role and is biased. There have been several issues with employee harassment and discrimination. The workers who complained were laid off as a result while the harasser was promoted and still works there. They don't give raises or promotions no matter how great of a job you do. Their health benefits are expensive. You can purchase personal insurance for cheaper. The CEO tracks when you clock in and out of the office.

Reduce the number of managers. Work on improving relations between employees and management. Listen to employees complaints with an open mind and punish the people who actually deserve it.

BOXX Technologies Response

Apr 3, 2014Human Resources Mgr.

Thank you for your post. Although this review was 1 1/2 years ago, we want to respond with the many thinigs we are now doing to make this a great place to work.

Each year in November we have BOXX
    ... More

Don't work there!

Current Employee - Marketing Manager  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at BOXX Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

Most of the workers get along and are knowledgeable.

Cons

High turn over rate. Most employees leave pissed off. Upper management is old fashion and more concerned about the time an employee works rather than completing projects. Management opposed to telecommuting or working at home for an afternoon.Not family oriented or offer flexible schedule. Health benefits are terrible. Max two weeks vacation, 2 personal days and 5 sick days (which you must be sick with doctors note in order to take). Unequal pay scale. Male dominated. Women treated unequally. Minimum holidays.

BOXX Technologies Response

Nov 7, 2013Human Resources Mgr.

To clarify -- we've had 2 employees leave the company in the last year. Our insurance benefits are excellent, i.e. 3 health plans, 2 dental plans, vision, life, voluntary life, AD&D, STD/LTD, EAP ... More

Worked for BOXX Technologies? Contribute to the Community!