BP

BP Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

BP Group Chief Executive of BP Robert Dudley

Robert Dudley

Pros
  • The work environment is fairly relaxed in most cases and the work life balance is decent(in 109 reviews)

• Great environment and locations to work at Great pay and benefits as well as 401k(in 30 reviews)

Cons
  • Some position will require a lot of commitment, resulting work-life balance problem(in 19 reviews)

• The senior management is a bit of a joke, its like lions being led by donkeys(in 16 reviews)

Mixed Experiences

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsFlexible work schedule, great benefits, tuition support, strong brand name.

ConsLack of overall direction at times, uncertainty about long term success of business.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

No Advancement, No Benefits, No Raises for 4yrs need new job.

Gas Station Attendant (Current Employee) Bronx, NY

ProsI like the fact that you are in control of business while your working there is no one over your shoulders but your responsible for everything.

ConsPeople not coming in on time always late when it's my time to be releaved. Again no insurance or benefits for 40 hrs worker I thought you were to get benefits for full time workers

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your employees some of them really care for jobs and we are treated like we don't exist.

intern

Intern (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGood company culture. You always get the opportunities to network with other people in the industry.

ConsSome position will require a lot of commitment, resulting work-life balance problem.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Amazing Opportunity

Reservoir Engineer (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsInterned twice at BP, went full time. Now working elsewhere. Got fired for something I deserved to be fired for.

If you get an offer at BP, take it. Period. The work environment is so amazing that it sounds too good to be true to your friends. Big projects, big money, big opportunities. Just incredible. I never met a single jerk at BP. People were willing to put down their work and help you so often. Great gym, great campus, just awesome.

ConsThe only con is that the HR department drags their legs on everything. They make promises they won't keep, but that's honestly pretty common at Fortune 500s. DO NOT LET THESE CLOWNS KEEP YOU AWAY FROM THIS AMAZING COMPANY!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work

Great company that rewards you for good performance

ProsSurrounded by good people, supportive of work-life balance, competitive compensation and benefits package

ConsStill working towards being "OneTeam". There's opportunities to consolidate and leverage across the various business units, but everyone is too busy doing their own thing, without a desire to collaborate.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter communications, all the way down to the front line, particularly for communications pertaining to the state of the business.

Happy but very busy work tempo

Senior Associate Consultant (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGood salary, company reputation, smart colleagues

ConsWorkload is high, busy traveling

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Great place to work

SCM (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThey care about their employees.

Conshard to get around facility

Better then average place to work

Project Development Manager (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGood group of people, good pay and benefits. There is a lot of flexibility with schedule and if you want to travel the opportunity is always there.

ConsThere can be a lot of politics involved, and promotions are sometimes solely based on politics and who you are friends with. The system / company regulations can sometimes be.....frustrating.

People are important

ProsIndividually people are valued by their co-workers and managers at this company. Poor performers do exist but not without notice and full out efforts to improve performance. Those who perform well are give opportunities to enhance their careers.

ConsThere is a lot of negative press about BP and sometimes it's hard to escape.

Great company to work for, would rate overall 5 star.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBest reason to work for this company is they value the employee. Provides opportunity for personal professional growth.

ConsLike any large corporation, things tend to move in a very slow pace.

Worked for BP? Contribute to the Community!