BP

BP Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

BP Group Chief Executive of BP Robert Dudley

Robert Dudley

Pros
  • The work environment is fairly relaxed in most cases and the work life balance is decent(in 109 reviews)

• Great environment and locations to work at Great pay and benefits as well as 401k(in 30 reviews)

Cons
  • Some position will require a lot of commitment, resulting work-life balance problem(in 19 reviews)

• The senior management is a bit of a joke, its like lions being led by donkeys(in 16 reviews)

A great company to work for

Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsGreat pay, benefits, and opportunities for development. The people I worked with were professional and valued my thoughts and opinions. Overall BP has a very good culture.

ConsSome of BP's processes in their downstream segment are inefficient and can be frustrating, particularly their projects.

Petro-technologist

Petro-Technologist (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGreat company to work for and the training is second to none. The experience I gained will be invaluable as I further my career.

ConsThere are lots of changes going on but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Just depends on your stance on the situation.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work

Slow moving for a high performer

ProsBenefits and 401k, salary, social network, volunteer opportunities and corporate events, support for education, nice facilities, global company, career opportunities are available (albeit a bit slow), support for community.

ConsBureaucratic, lack of systematic processes, negative/whining culture, poor systems, constant change that drags on and on. Performance ratings are totally subjective. Lack of personal accountability (lends to lack of decision making).

A good place to develop, not sure it's a good place to build an entire career. The culture and bureaucracy alone are enough to add ample (unnecessary) stress. BP has a long ways to go to become a mature, efficient company.

Advice to Senior ManagementToo many people talking about decisions, not enough making them.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company, Too Much Change

ProsGreat people, plenty of work

ConsTons of change....all the time

Advice to Senior ManagementStop listening to consultants

Great experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLots of people you can learn from

Conswork life balance was difficult at times

Good Company, Lifetime job!

Lab Tech (Former Employee) Decatur, AL

ProsGreat pay, stable company, Great benefits

ConsLife balance, hate 3rd shift

Lost

Production Team Leader (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsCompany encourages a work life balance for their employees. Has growth potential. The people that work there are all very friendly and make work easy.

ConsThe only thing consistent is change. The company is lost as an operator and discourages the field workers with each new system.

Advice to Senior ManagementRely on the people to do the job.

BP - Chicago

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGreat benefits and mentoring opportunities.

ConsLack of options for advancement in the Chicago office.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop hiring based on the company diversity agenda and hire the best qualified candidate for the job.

Great pay and benefits, but no career opportunities or training for non-engineers.

Inspection Specialist (Current Employee) Tulsa, OK

ProsPay and benefits are top notch for the position that I am in. NOTHING gets done quickly at this company and it never seems anything has a "deadline" placed on it.

ConsIt is the most bureaucratic place I've ever worked. Everything has to be decided by committee as no one has the power to make a decision. No one wants to be responsible for a bad decision, and just keeps passing the buck hoping it will "go away".

Great experience

Paralegal (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGreat working environment and people.

Consthey only like to hire contract employees...forever.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider hiring employees after a while of employment.

Worked for BP? Contribute to the Community!