BRAC Bank

BRAC Bank Reviews

Updated Jun 17, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

A good experience but could have been better

Associate Manager (Former Employee) Dhaka (Bangladesh)

ProsGreat place to learn, work environment is good

Conspoor salary, lack of knowledge in top level

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease salary to retain talents. Also get rid of pool of former SCB people. They are not worthy of holding such titles as VP and above. Give the hard workers from below a chance, you wont regret it.

BRAC Bank

Head of Internal Control (Former Employee) Dhaka (Bangladesh)

ProsA large portion of the shares of the bank is owned BRAC, one of the largest NGO in the world. The noble values of BRAC heavily govern the values of the bank which makes the bank exceptional in many ways. The bank is also an active member of Global Alliance for Banking on Values. People, profit and planet remains in the core of guiding principle. Accordingly, the bank is pioneer in setting SME business in the country and it constantly strive to bringing the banking to the unbanked mass in a third world country like Bangladesh. Beside its leadership role in SME banking, the bank is equally competitive in all other traditional business wing. The bank is also known as one of the most tech-savvy banking in the country. The bank has a huge delivery channel through 466 touch point around the country. The work setting of the company makes the bank attractive for potential employees.

ConsIn the recent trend of crunch of capital adequacy bank as well struggles to low cost fund to constantly feed the asset growth of the company. Current economic condition of the country makes challenge of continual growth of asset and low cost liability harder. Change management and people management are the two areas where the organization has scope to improve.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement may engage professionals good at dealing with people management as well as expert to steer the change management successfully.

Not satisfied

Associate Manager (Current Employee) Dhaka (Bangladesh)

ProsGreat place to learn and acquire knowledge

ConsLow pay
    Too much politics
    Department Heads are there because of the number of years they have been with the company rather than by their quality

Advice to Senior ManagementLook after the people who are at the bottom level
    Increase salary to industry average at the least

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A lot of Experience gathered from this Bank that can help me to work anywhere in any Bank.

Zonal Manager(SPO) BRAC BANLK LTD (Current Employee) Dhaka (Bangladesh)

ProsFaster growing Bank, Employees are also faster service provider.

ConsLow Salary Structure which does not match with whole Banking industries in Bangladesh.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust a little bit matching with salary structure with all other banks.

6.8 month work as a Managerial level at Brac Bank ltd

Zonal Manager(SPO) BRAC BANLK LTD (Current Employee) Dhaka (Bangladesh)

ProsBrac Bank ltd give me platform initially.

ConsJob environment is no well & salary structure is low.

Advice to Senior ManagementSelected right people Right places.

working for BBL means like being a robot whole day.

Ccso (Current Employee) Chittagong (Bangladesh)

Prosgood work environment. as we can say the best among local banks.

Consfully software based work. nothing to learn..........means actual banking

Advice to Senior Managementchange the strategy of manage out. and solution to the every problem as new recruitment. brand will fall down.

A good organization with a promising future; just need a bit of help of better R&D and employee value

Associate Manager, Finance (Current Employee) Dhaka (Bangladesh)

ProsGood environment with a comparatively younger team.
    Management is from good backgrounds.
    A fast growing young bank. So, a lot of things to learn are around.

ConsPooooor salary structure! specially for existing employees at low-mid level.
    A little shortsighted for such a big organization.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease have a closer & deeper look at the lower-mid level staffs (AVP & Below). These people are the wheels of this organization and they are not happy right now...the current situation will never be overcome unless something radically changes soon. And time is running out.

Worked for BRAC Bank? Contribute to the Community!