BRAC

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Internships at BRAC

Intern (Former Employee) Dhaka (Bangladesh)

ProsThis is the best place to go to for understanding development in a third world country. They have micro-finance, education, health projects, and lots of other interesting projects. Also everyone seemed to be very field-oriented and thus in sync with what was actually going on in the field level including very high level management.

ConsThe internship was not structured at all. They also seem to be a hierarchical organization at the bangladesh head office..

Advice to Senior ManagementThe leadership is great but the work culture could be more open and uniform in the sense, lower and mid level employees should have more say in upper level decisions.

Great internship

Intern (Former Employee) Dhaka (Bangladesh)

Prosvery diverse and extremely helpful people and management!

Consthe program is a little disorganized but people are really willing to help.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep it up guys!

A complex and invigorating organization

Program Assistant (Former Employee) Dhaka (Bangladesh)

Pros- Wonderful opportunity to understand way a large and complex organization operates.
    - Commitment to people and poverty alleviation
    - Wonderful people from various backgrounds working together (rare for Bangladesh)

Cons- Bureaucracy
    - Lack of employee training and development
    - Organization culture needs to be more tied in with BRAC's impact and work, A significant opportunity to deepen employee engagement is being missed.

Advice to Senior ManagementEngage and coach employees to hone talent from within the organization to become next generation's leaders

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Nonexistent Development, both personal and social

Education Management (Former Employee) Dhaka (Bangladesh)

Pros- strong brand in the regions it plays in, as well as at in the development sphere, if you're planning on leaving

Cons- nonexistent development work performed
    - no emphasis on personal development
    - low pay
    - bureaucratic
    - branding outweighs impact
    - no substance to work

Advice to Senior Management- modernize
    - cut staff where possible - the amount of waste and unused labor capacity is beyond belief

Worked for BRAC? Contribute to the Community!