BRTRC Reviews

2.9
Terri Thomas

1. Solid Company

I worked at BRTRC

Pros

The administration process and staff are top notch, good benefits, and employees are treated as a member of a team. BRTRC is generous to employees during the holiday season.

Cons

Limited room for corporate growth unless you can create more jobs for the company.

2. A great starter

Current Employee - Program Support Analyst in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Program Support Analyst in Washington, DC

I have been working at BRTRC

Pros

If you are looking to get your foot in the door in terms of working with a contracting company, then BRTRC is a great company. Benefits are pretty good and the company is extremely generous during the holiday season.

Cons

Although I have only been there for about 6 months, there does not seem to be much of a challenge in the position, the titles of positions are beefed up (which I'm sure most companies and people are aware of), and there doesn't seem to be much room for growth.

Give employees the opportunity to move forward, advance. The jobs are very tedious, the least one can do is provide incentive to continue to stay.

3. Communications Position

I worked at BRTRC

Pros

Very intelligent team and senior management. BRTRC has very respected reputation and is known for the great work they produce. Leadership will hold employees to high standards and treat each employee as a member of a team. Great company to work for.

Cons

Being a government contractor comes with cons due to government budget constraints. Job security is a worry due to government budgets and unknowns.

Difficult to move up in company as it has no formal organization chart. This comes with the type of work the company provides to the client.

Senior management great, great company.

5. Compared to other Defense Contract companies it is great

Current Employee - Analyst in Vienna, VA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Vienna, VA

I have been working at BRTRC full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

If you are vocal about what you want for your career and have legitimate good ideas or business development worth pursuing they will listen. Benefits are good compared to industry standards. Great people.

Cons

Don't forget about career development of those on client site! What they deal with day in and out needs to be recognized more!

Keep up the good work and maintain as much transparency as possible!

6. Overall bad experience- would not recommend to others.

Former Employee - Operations in Warren, MI
    Former Employee - Operations in Warren, MI

I worked at BRTRC full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good benefits and on-boarding instructions. At the time I left, Human Resources sounded genuinely concerned about issues I discussed during my exit interview and were going to look into the issues further. Whether that really happened or not, I wouldn't know but I would be doubtful given what I experienced while employed there.

Cons

Much lower than average pay and overall unprofessional environment. If BRTRC wins a contract, the incumbents should be worried. From my experience, the pay decrease was enough to leave. I have rarely heard of people speak highly of this organization and I am thankful to have only worked there for a short time.

Review exit interviews and seriously evaluate corporate culture.

Awful, Disceptive

I have been working at BRTRC

Pros

Nothing nice to say about them

Cons

Google how they rip off workers and cheat the government

Great place to start a career

Former Employee - Technical Analyst II in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Technical Analyst II in Fairfax, VA

I worked at BRTRC full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Positive work environment, emphasis on work/life balance, dedicated and caring senior management, competitive compensation.

Cons

Advancement opportunities for junior staff were limited.

More robust career development model will encourage junior staff to stay and grow.

Solid work environment

I worked at BRTRC full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Management is supportive of staff who wish to pursue extended learning opportunities. I was fortunate to have a supervisor who allowed ample latitude for self-management and problem-solving, but was willing to step in to assist with client relationships, especially difficult problems, etc. as necessary. Great benefits and the pleasant work environment makes networking easy.

Cons

There is limited room for lateral moves or advancement and if you find yourself in a position where your contract with a particular client ends, it can be difficult to find a new position within the organization. Organization is very "top-heavy."

10. Good people, bad upper management

Former Employee - Research Analyst in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Research Analyst in Fairfax, VA

I worked at BRTRC full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Worked with great people on my team, good benefits. Got a good raise after my first year but after that, raises were pretty standard and was provided no career growth opportunities

Cons

Little to no career growth, upper management plays favorites and does not seem to value employees

Focus more on developing and valuing your current employees and maybe they will stick around.

11. Disappointing culture and career development

I have been working at BRTRC full-time

Pros

people, gym access, that's all

Cons

Culture, career development, management, compensation