BSC Supply Reviews

3.5
Brian Michael McShane

1. Great Place for Talented Sales Reps

Former Employee - Inside Sales in Waltham, MA

I worked at BSC Supply full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Uncapped commission structure. Supportive management team. Great sales training. Games, contests, foosball, ping-pong, etc to help when mental breaks are needed.

Cons

Older software system but update is on it's way. Can be stressful, as with any sales job.

Advice to Management

Things are going in the right direction. Keep it up!

2. Sales

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at BSC Supply full-time

Pros

short work week, fun incentives and culture, uncapped commission program, great training, blue cross for health benefits. nice building easy on/off highway

Cons

ramp up can take time, although if you do well, management will transfer accounts to help build quick. Work hard, play hard style - numbers need to be met but try to have fun while doing it (foosball tournaments/ping pong/go out to celebrate goal achievers,etc)

Advice to Management

move leads and accounts around more often so they aren't sitting in a database too long

3. inside sales

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I have been working at BSC Supply full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- leave early incentives - one quarterly cash incentive

Cons

- not much career growth opportunities besides sales - slamming the phones - not a greatest product offering

5. If You Are Good at Convincing People to Buy Overpriced Office Supplies, Then This is THE Place For You!

Former Employee - Inside Sales in Waltham, MA

I worked at BSC Supply full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you push hard enough during the week they MAY let you out a half hour early on Friday afternoon. Many incentives to sell, sell, sell! Motivational training.

Cons

Constant cold calling to nasty people, awful medical plan, blaringly loud music constantly playing while you're on the phone, non-stop employee surveilance, manager will yell out anouncements right in the middle of phone calls, most potential customers are aware that they can get the exact same thing for half the price at Staples or anyplace else on the Internet, constant non-stop push to sell - and the worst commute ever!

Advice to Management

Management should not be so greedy and lower prices. The difference will be made up in volume. Make up your mind on the loud music blaring out to the employees and realize that the customers can hear it as well.

6. Great Small Business

Former Employee - Senior Account Representative in Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Account Representative in Waltham, MA

I worked at BSC Supply full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people, and if you can make it past the first year, decent money. They constantly have different sales incentives, and offer great sales training programs. Relatively casual dress code. Several 4-day weekends throughout the year.

Cons

very strict start/stop times. Poor insurance, low base salaries. Industry seems to be in a decline, company needs some fresh new products to sell. Not much vacation time.

Advice to Management

Allow remote work, and make the hours a little more flexible, and your employees will be even more happy

7. A great place to work!

I have been working at BSC Supply

Pros

BSC's office hours are 8:30am to 5pm and everyone here literally leaves at 5:01. This is amazing for my work life balance, for the first time in my life I know that I will be home at 5:30 because I have never gotten stuck "working late' and I am never made to feel guilty for leaving right at 5pm.

Cons

You have to make 90 phone calls a day to keep your sales numbers were they need to be. Reps are expected to make their goals and we are paid a lower salary and a higher potential comission to ensure this. If you don't want to make 90 calls a day, you won't make your numbers and you won't make any money. That being said, if you do make your calls you will make money, I am making twice what I did at my last sales job and I'm still growing!

Advice to Management

This year our big year end sales incentive was an all expenses paid trip to Miami FL, maybe next year the sales team should get to pick the city for the trip?

8. Not A great place to work.

I have been working at BSC Supply

Pros

There are some nice people at the company.

Cons

There is no work life balance. Management is overly focused on their employees every move. The inside sales position was highly sugar coated in comparison to the job and potential opportunity.

Advice to Management

When you have enough confidence to hire an employee, show them that confidence.

9. BSC provides a professional and stable work environment.

Current Employee - Senior Account Representative
    Current Employee - Senior Account Representative

I have been working at BSC Supply

Pros

Goals are clearly stated. Regular training and positive feedback are provided to acheive these goals. All employees are respectedand valued.

Cons

Getting started at BSC can be difficult without a total commitment from the new employee. Hard work will be rewarded

Advice to Management

Provide more leads to leads to the reps that have been there fo a while to generate new business.

10. Nice, fair, stable job

Former Employee - Medical Team Representative
    Former Employee - Medical Team Representative

I worked at BSC Supply

Pros

BSC Supply is exactly what it looks like, its an inside telesales office. The people are straight forward and easy to work with. There are no hidden surprises, just like with any other sales job if you make your numbers you make good money. I'm not sure what the first poster was talking about with the "work life balance" the hours are exactly like what the second poster said, you come in at 8:30 and you leave at 5 plus there are 15 company paid holidays which for me is pretty good. The atmosphere is fairly nice, we have little company parties for birthdays and stuff and normal amounts of sales contests with scratch tickets for prizes etc. BSC is pretty much exactly what you expect your standard, decent, sales company, nothing fancy.

Cons

A first year rep is given 5 days of vacation which isn't a lot, if you are thinking about taking a job with BSC, maybe you can try to negotiate that? The only downside that I can think of that maybe the first poster was talking about is that even if you take a day off or have a Dr's appointment you are still expected to make your daily goals. For instance, if you are expected to make $500 margin dollars in a day (everything we do is measured in margin dollars) and you want to take a day off, you have to make $500 extra margin dollars on the days before and after the day you take so that your monthly average still meets your goal.

Advice to Management

I think the sales management is really pretty good, we have weekly sales training and the sales supervisors as well as the sales managers give you monthly reviews to go over your goals and work on anything that you are having trouble with. I'm not trying to say BSC is the best thing out there but honestly the management is genuinely pretty engaged and easy to work with.

RSS Feed </> Embed