BSH Home Appliances USA

www.bsh-group.us

BSH Home Appliances USA Reviews

Updated Jul 17, 2014
BSH Home Appliances USA – Huntington Beach – “Building Exterior”

Michael Traub

Great career opportunities within an international organization.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsCareer growth and an ability to learn different areas of the business make this a great company for those wishing to expand their horizons.

ConsCentralized control of key functions can be very frustrating. BSH needs to learn to grant regional control so businesses in different regions can adapt the business to their particular market needs.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to push the strong path to growth and provide new opportunities for the associates.

I worked BSH Manufacturing and I had a great experience.

Mechanical Design Intern (Former Employee) New Bern, NC

ProsLaid back atmosphere, with plenty of opportunities to learn. The employees are very friendly and if you look around there's always a "mentor" in every department.

ConsYou may not always be busy, but you can certainly find work. If your department is not having a lot of work at during a specific time, you can guarantee that another department is. Because of the open atmosphere and work area, managers are willing to loan out interns.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would've like more leadership and guidance that could not only better myself for the future but the company as well.

It was an amazing 6 years that I enjoyed overall.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsThe ability to make executive decision for customers without always looking for approval from a supervisor.

ConsNo real challenges, with every position one must learn the in's and out's. Just a matter of stop, look, and listen. This will make a world of difference, not only at home, but in the work place.

Advice to Senior ManagementI love my supervisor Grace Ambicki. She is not only a great person, but she knows how to be a great manager and leader, which is not as simple as it sounds.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

International opportunities

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsGlobal company with great career options in a number of countries
    Small, dedicated teams
    Good compensation

ConsCareer movement limited/slow without international steps due to smaller team sizes

Advice to Senior ManagementOutlook is promising for the future. Now is the time to focus on the people and the culture.

Disappointing

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New Bern, NC

ProsThe campany used to make some of the best diswahers in the world, but now they make just average products.

ConsGrowth of BSH has been hindered by the lack of respect for the employees, which are the heart and soul of the New Bern operations. The upper management thinks it is more important to have beach houses in California than with the manufacturing facilities. The countess excessive spending on just traveling inbetween the two sites could keep 30 employees a year on the payroll rather than another countless layoff. There is a big inequality in the treatment, the pay, the job security of the US employees and the managment that comes from overseas.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe management should understand that thier current track record is indicitive of doing the wrong thing. Learn from your mistakes and be open to the advise of the people you hire in the US.

Overall Decent Place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New Bern, NC

ProsGreat Family Atmosphere
    Laid Back Working Environment
    Decent Benefits

ConsGlass ceiling for Americans
    German management can be difficult to deal with
    Pay is a little on the low side
    Americans can be overlooked for higher up roles

Advice to Senior Managementcompensate fairly
    reward those who work hard
    be open to new ideas

American employees are all temporary hires!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Huntington Beach, CA

ProsGood quality products, great location in Huntington Beach and many good quality people work for this German owned and managed company.

ConsEvery American at the Director level or higher will be terminated after working for the company a few years. There are very few exceptions, look at the long list of good employees that were terminated just to repeat this unfortunate cycle. You will be no different!

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit firing good people every year as an excuse to retain German top management's lack of execution, performance and unwillingness to adapt to the U.S. market.

Nice Company for work life

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Esenyurt, Istanbul (Turkey)

ProsNice company for work. Especiaaly for the job opportunities that you can find europe asia

ConsLong working hours. People are working 45 hours per week

Great work life balance

Prosbuild an excellent product, excellent work life balance

Conshave a good product but limit their marketshare by lack of advertising

Advice to Senior Managementstep out of the advertising comfort zone andtry to reach some markets that are currently not familiar with your product.

company not yet on positive course

Finance (Current Employee)

Prosgood balance between home and work, normal work weeks of 40 hours

Consno clear definied path for company

Advice to Senior Managementpromote from within

Worked for BSH Home Appliances USA? Contribute to the Community!