BT Global Services

BT Global Services Reviews

Updated Apr 14, 2014

BT Global Services CEO Luiz Alvarez

Luiz Alvarez

Pros:
  • "Flexible work schedule so very good work/life balance structure in place"
    in 23 reviews
  • "You could work from home or even from the nearest telephone exchange"
    in 15 reviews
Cons:
  • "Senior management asks for feedback and then does not listen to the comments"
    in 9 reviews
  • "We spend a lot of time reinventing the wheel over and over"
    in 4 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Contract delivery for international customers.

Senior Program Director (Current Employee)
Irving, TX

I have been working at BT Global Services full-time for more than 10 years

ProsA positive environment with large complex contracts to work. Benefits are solid and customary for the US. BT GS offerings are very strong internationally and provider employees with good international exposure without a frequent requirement for travel. Good technology partnerships provide solid educational opportunities for employees.

ConsLimited contract leadership positions in the US due to account ownership primarily based in the UK. Some difficulty in rotating through contract positions. Weak performance management so many lackluster performs stay around and fill positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove performance management and ensure good job rotation of highest performers.

Great model, poor leadership at the top

I worked at BT Global Services full-time for more than a year

ProsExcellent management and team drove this organization to the top of it's game for many years.

ConsNew national senior leadership tanked this gem inside of a year.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone needed, they've all been fired or left while they could.

OK but need improvement

I worked at BT Global Services

ProsCompetitive pay
Good benefit
Good learning environment

ConsLots of travel
No growth potential

Pluses and Minuses

Principal Consultant (Current Employee)
Dallas, TX

I have been working at BT Global Services full-time for more than 5 years

ProsWorking from home, good benefits, lots of challenging technologies to work with.

ConsVery fast paced, managers (and everyone) are very busy so they have a hard time staying connected to the employees. Like any large company there is are excessive processes and layers of approval.

Great company if you work in the UK.

I have been working at BT Global Services full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThe benefits and work life balance are good.

ConsVery UK centric. Management changes often so new management comes in makes changes to suit their vision. Very confusing for the staff.

Confused Mess

I have been working at BT Global Services full-time for more than 8 years

ProsWork from home, great people to work with.

ConsConstantly changing , can't deliver its own products, to much out sourcing, no training. Management abuses the workers with intimidation.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn from your mistakes. To much re-orging only masks problems and shifts blame. Outsourcing is not saving you money, its costing you business.

Horrible place to work

I worked at BT Global Services full-time for more than 8 years

ProsFlexible work schedule so very good work/life balance structure in place.

ConsCompany management dysfunctional. Lacks infrastructure to perform job.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake a decision and stick with it.

Loss of direction.

Sales Specialist (Current Employee)

I have been working at BT Global Services full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe company has some good technology, but there is very little chance of using it as they struggle to sell it. When you do get to use it, BT is so standardized you only learn their method of implementation.

ConsSalries, bonuses, and compensation are horrendous. This was a positive factor 5 years ago but now the company, as it loses revenue, is cutting labor costs and is even outsourcing their own labor as they outsource other companies IT services. BT advertises Work / Life Balance and offer a lot of time off but it is extremely difficult to use that time and they will not roll it over to following years. Senior management has been replaced several times for bad vision / direction and a new set of executive managers have just taken over with yet another failed vision. The culture went from a fun place to work (6 years ago) to a very stressful place to work as they pressure employees to work more hours, do more training which will not be put to use, and let you know that cheaper labor is across the border. Salaried employees have to keep strict accounting of time spent on training, meetings, account work, days off, etc and report it in a time booking website. If you book your time a little late you fall in the ranking system of the managers and become the next target for termination which happens often. Many good people have been terminated for missing timesheet entries. They rank everyone based on time entry, the amount of training you do, reports of your work, etc. The ranking has nothing to do with customer satisfaction or your abilities at your job. The management will tell you that all of the extra stuff is now part of your job and will be used in the constant evaluation process that never seems to end.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemove middle management and start over. Learn bottom up management skills. Do not pressure employees for management failures. BT has good employees and management has made big mistakes guiding the company in the wrong direction like only taking on really big customers and not wanting any smaller customers.

Absolute cluster of an organization

Sales (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at BT Global Services full-time for more than 10 years

ProsNo accountability, excellent potential, a lot of vacation you'll never get to take, they love to drink...

ConsDysfunction at its finest
Total lack of clarity and direction
Extremely poor management
Total lack of integrity
Promote from the UK
Open interpretation of compensation plan leads to having to fight for every earned dollar
Total disconnect top to bottom

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit, go back to the UK and deliver mail

IT Telecommunications giant sharing and influences network services and professional comunity

Professional Technical (Former Employee)
Princeton, NJ

I worked at BT Global Services full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGood networking enviroment to gain and share professional services and knowledge on leading technology and new developments

ConsAmericas region is limited in IT people resources to make North America regioin work smoothly and effectively

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate better cultural change agents in North America to follow lead of upper management direction so that silos are removed for better customer care of North American customers whose accounts are managed out of Europe

Worked for BT Global Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BT Global Services reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for BT Global Services CEO Luiz Alvarez. All 137 reviews posted anonymously by BT Global Services employees.