BT Radianz

Add Photos

BT Radianz Chief Executive, BT Gavin Patterson

Gavin Patterson

Workforce reduction

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsHistory, range of products and services and professional workforce.

ConsReduction of workforce and outsourcing.

Not what it used to be in the early noughties ... now a toned down service provider using bespoke BT networks platforms

Ops Manager (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsThe money is still good if you can stay on a Radianz contract.

ConsBureaucracy ! The BT ship is a large and heavy one...not easy to turn direction.

London-centric management, not focused on financial industry

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe network has a global reach and thus there is huge potential to expand and grow the business. The benefits and vacation time are great.

ConsSince the company is so large there are competing management priorities and there is no longer a focus on serving the needs of the financial community. There is also the looming UK pension debt that will continue to put a strain on using profits to drive innovation.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be most fruitful if there was more action and less talk about improving customer service and satisfaction. Use your extensive resources and hold people accountable to the making the necessary process improvements before the community losses all faith.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Incompetent senior management

ProsIt is a big company and has a good brand name and offers good paid vacation (4wks).

ConsIncompetent senior management. It operates under heavy bureaucracy and I am not sure how customers can be satisfied with the services thiscompany offers.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed more competent management teams than those who only dream and talk but can't accomplish nothing.

Not a bad place to work - but beware the Borg.

Network Engineer (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsIt's a good place to bridge the gap between the ISP and financial services world for networking technologies. People are friendly, helpful and quite smart. Management are very supportive when you need time off.

ConsSome of the work can feel quite repetitive - doing the same thing day in and day out. BT have also made a mess of integrating the Radianz organisation - it's still not clear what direction staff can go in the wider organisation. Contractors form a major part of many teams, and they often don't know whether or not they will be renewed which causes issues every few weeks for the permanent staff who don't know whether or not they will be dealing with a new person in a couple of weeks.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate a lot better with the teams about the integration - remember none of us have had the proper "Welcome to BT induction" and it might be worth communicating properly about career development.

Worked for BT Radianz? Contribute to the Community!