BT Reviews

Updated March 27, 2015
417 reviews filtered by
2.8
Gavin Patterson

Pros
  • Not really good work life balance as Clients always keeps you on the toes (in 52 reviews)

• Very flexible in terms of being able to work from home/remotely if needed (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • work pressure on a higher side , might impact your work life balance (in 18 reviews)

• Performance management structure mean everyone is out for themselves creating a poor team environment (in 30 reviews)

1. Very good

I have been working at BT

Pros

work from home facility, and all other perks

Cons

lots of process and many verticals

2. Great Company, Great Benefits

I have been working at BT

Pros

Really Liked to work here

Cons

Cant think of any cons

Great Company, Great Benefits

3. Amazing training opportunities for career development.

I worked at BT

Pros

Job security and great pay when bench-marked against other telecom companies.

Cons

Bottle neck in administration with HR.

I understand the challenges faced with recruiting for a huge global provider, it would be ideal placing the right employees within the right departments.

5. very good firm to grow and nurture your technical skills along with management skills

I have been working at BT full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Cons

no cons ...also you will get opurtunity to go abroad
    very good hr....very unbiased growth.

no advice..management is really the best

6. Internship at BT

I have been working at BT

Pros

Good people, Great work life balance, great location for London, Good perks and pay

Cons

Org Culture is very hierarchical and process too slow and archaic. Career growth slow

Try forming a more flat and fast moving work culture.

7. Amazing experience if you can deliver there is no limit to your career

I have been working at BT

Pros

Deliver and see amazing outcomes

Cons

A bit of politics but still management is great as compared to any other atleast they listen and act

8. hat to put a title

I have been working at BT

Pros

large company, unexpectedly dynamic, cool team

Cons

large company, some ballast, bureaucracy and processes

Excellent employer - and working hard on continuous improvement

Current Employee - Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at BT full-time (less than a year)

Pros

- Great company that genuinely works hard to try to deliver what customers want, and delivers a product - telecoms and internet - that is in real demand.

- Sensible work-life balance: there's enough to keep you busy, but you're not expected to be a martyr to work.

- The company really tries to live its values.

Cons

- Flexible working isn't for everyone: many of us would prefer, rather than a 'virtual team', scattered across the UK, a real team, with an office and people you see and speak to every day, and with whom you can go for a drink after work. That said, such roles exist too, and therefore it is simply a question of applying, and being selected, for them.

- Inevitably, there must be cost savings. This is a consequence of being in a competitive industry in which other companies are vying for market share. This means that we need to evolve to tackle challenges. Sometimes the process of evolving makes people nervous, which causes tension - particularly in longer-serving, older workers who have seen it all before (or think they have...). I doubt this change aspect is any more so than any other major company though - and BT are arguably far better, as they don't make people redundant, they simply move them to a 'redeployment pool' from where they can apply for new jobs (which is a hangover of civil service/public sector days, but one which - regardless of its economic merits - makes for a far more humane employer).

I've been working for the company for 11 months, and I'm really impressed. The one thing I would definitely change is hiring policies: at present, hiring managers are artificially constrained to selecting new candidates from the redeployment pool within their own line of business (LoBs), then expanding the search to other LoBs, then advertising internally, then advertising externally. At each stage, managers can only progress to the next stage by rejecting all candidates. This prevents them from seeing (or advertising to) all possible candidates, and selecting the best. While commendable that the redeployment pool is prioritised, it does severely impact managers' autonomy, and the ability to select the best people for the job. Open competition is usually the best option, and I think that it would be here, too.

10. Great place to be

Former Employee - Jumper Engineer in Wirral, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Jumper Engineer in Wirral, England (UK)

I worked at BT full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great to work as given work to do and then almost left alone to do it, no big brother watching all the time. Not stuck in one place get to travel over the local area meeting new and interesting members of the BT team.

Cons

As a contractor I just want to finish work and leave BT say must have a lunch break!!

11. BT is global multi vendor and multi technologies scopes and provide good solution for IT services

Current Employee - Lead Software Developer in Chennai (India)
    Current Employee - Lead Software Developer in Chennai (India)

I have been working at BT full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

It has multi vendor platform to work to gain more exposure in terms of technical aspects and management aspects

Cons

Lack in some region software solution.

BT Photos

Headquarters of BT Group, housed in BT Centre, located in London (Photo attributed to Martin Addison - licensed under the CCL Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0)
Inside the office