BTS (Connecticut)

Be The First To
Add Photos

BTS (Connecticut) President & CEO Henrik Ekelund

Henrik Ekelund

Very positive and I have grown in my roles with the company and work with clients

Senior Director (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsWe make a difference with clients. Great people to work with. Very creative solutions and a fun culture.

ConsA lot of hours and travel time away from family.

Most intellectually un-fulfilling job I have ever had

Consultant (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsTons of great travel opportunities (all over the world); top tier clients; great opportunity to develop your public speaking skills.

ConsBTS pretends they are a consulting firm, but really they are a training company. Generally, companies hire consulting firms when they want an outside opinion on something. BTS's clients do not expect an opinion from BTS on any business issues whatsoever because that's not what they pay for. Clients pay BTS to parrot whatever strategic message senior management is looking to push out to the organization and nothing more.

If you are looking for an intellectually engaging experience, you will not find it here. The people who have been around for a long time (including, not surprisingly, the senior managers and directors of the company) are equally uninspiring. The best talent in the company are those who are going to leave as soon as they can find a better opportunity. As a result, turnover among new hires is really high.

Don't be wooed by the siren song of travel and exposure to top management of top tier companies. You'll feel like little more than an errand boy (or girl) and the juice just isn't worth the squeeze. You will find yourself looking towards the door in six months or less.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop pretending to be a consulting firm. Be honest with who you are and you will have much more success building a healthy organization.

A strategy consulting firm not sure of its own strategy?

ProsSome smart people
    Some cool clients esp on West Coast
    Interesting work in the Strategy Execution space. Making simulations can be hard work, but fun.

ConsIs this a training company or a strategy consulting firm? BTS stands for "Business Training Simulations" but no one at the firm uses those words. Essentially, though; that's what BTS does - it creates training programs for companies based on their financials. It's interesting work but they are VERY expensive for what they do, and they're getting priced out of the market.

Firm is not making money in the US. Bad acquisition a few years ago still not fully integrated. Too top heavy.

Turnover is unparalleled. It will be interesting to see what happens to this company...

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your strategy straight -- it's what you're supposed to be famous for. Either become a training company, and lower your overheads; or get better at strategy development, like your "competitors" (McKinsey, Bain etc).

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

This is truly an amazing place to work!

Consultant (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsThe company is filled with great, sharp people. Consultants are given tremendous client exposure early in their careers. They are also given a lot of freedom and responsibility.

ConsLike any high growth company, there are always process improvements that can be made.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work!!!

Best Company I've Worked For Thus Far

Senior Learning Developer (Current Employee)
    Scottsdale, AZ

ProsLove the people and the culture
    Rewarded and recognized as a key contributor
    Light travel and exposure to some really cool companies

ConsAt the present time, I cannot think of anything worth mentioning

Great Company, Lots of possibilities

Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsBenefits are great, People are professional & friendly

ConsI have not encountered any cons as of yet

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing

Great experience and exposure, intellectually stimulating, small to mid sized company growing pains.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAbility to work with executive level audiences at major global companies, international travel opportunities, ability to lead projects develop client relationships, learn how to facilitate/deliver executive level training sessions. Great place to start a career.

ConsLack of work/life balance, too much travel, undergrads have same expectations as mbas but get paid half as much, culture over emphasizes sales over leadership abilities which creates an overly competitive environment less focused on customer needs.

Great place to work!

ProsIt has great culture and company values. We really do make a difference for our clients.

ConsSince such an entrepreneurial company sometimes process hard to follow

Outstanding... 3+ years out of business school, I'm one of a very rare few that can honestly say I love my job

Senior Consultant (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsIt's entrepreneurial... since we only have 300 people, there are a ton of opportunities to drive the company's growth and efficiency. You just need to have initiative. I've also had outstanding access and impact at the clients that I've worked with.

The people are great - in my office recent hires have come from Harvard, Stanford, USC, Johns Hopkins, Dartmouth... but there is also no elitism. It is a true meritocracy - nobody cares what school you went to once you walk in the door. It is about your results and your ability to work with the team.

ConsIf you're looking for another brand name stamp on your resume, BTS is not for you... yet :) You won't get the brand-name recognition of a McKinsey, BCG, Bain... but you do get to join a smaller, growing firm while it's still small.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to grow and evolve as the company grows and evolve. What got us here won't be all it takes to take us to where we need to be.

Great boutique consulting firm

San Francisco, CA

ProsOpportunity to interact with business leaders
    Teamwork

ConsWork - life balance
    Perfromance management

Worked for BTS (Connecticut)? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BTS (Connecticut) reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for BTS (Connecticut) CEO Henrik Ekelund. All 16 reviews posted anonymously by BTS (Connecticut) employees.